HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:52 pm

I don't remember when season 9 originally ran whether there were any plans to continue the series for a 10th season or NBC decided to cancel the series before the last episode aired. Does anybody remember? In other words, when "Hello and Goodbye" aired in the spring of 1983, did everybody know the series was over (except for the three movies), or was there an expectation the series would continue in the fall?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7212
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't know for sure what the plans were, but in Melissa Gilbert's interview included with the final movies, she said that they got word that LHOP had been cancelled. That implies to me that they would have gone forward with another season. But of course, we've also heard that people were tired of doing the show and that's why the Ingalls family left, so who knows the truth.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19927
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:41 am

I heard that "He Was Only Twelve" in season 8 was supposed to be the end of LHOTP. Several of the cast members had already let their contracts run out and weren't plannng on coming back. Many of them were just tired of the show since the storylines were pretty much used up. I think we can all see that throughout season 9. So, I do not think a season 10 was planned, I don't even think a season 9 was planned.... No

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:26 am

Wow, that's interesting. They should have ended it with season 8. Then had the movies.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:34 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I heard that "He Was Only Twelve" in season 8 was supposed to be the end of LHOTP. Several of the cast members had already let their contracts run out and weren't plannng on coming back. Many of them were just tired of the show since the storylines were pretty much used up. I think we can all see that throughout season 9. So, I do not think a season 10 was planned, I don't even think a season 9 was planned.... No

Yep. It is pretty hard to imagine they should have go forward with a tenth season. The show was not the same since the middle of season eight, if I must voice my TRUE opinion. However, I also think that they must have thought about a worthy end for LHOTP. If they tought that James being shot and then recovered from his injures will be a nice end of the whole series, with so much characters and situations they were seriously crazy! mad They must have tought about the Olesons, the Ingalls, the Edwards (I didn't like Edwards beginning to drink again and parting from Grace :sad5: ), the Garveys, and of course, about WALNUT GROVE, who was the true star of the show, wouldn't they?banghead Ranting

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Yeah I agree, James came on way at the end of the series. It should have been Charles being cured or something. I didn't like the whole situation with Mr. Edwards and Grace either. I think that was a waste.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Alot of Season 9 was a waste..I like the ones with James getting cured, willies getting married ect but the Blanche episode with Mr E was just plain silly and was just used to fullfill a quota of shows.
Back to top Go down
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:56 pm

I usually don't watch season 9 that much when it comes on.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:41 pm

I've been skipping most of season 9 also. TV Land is currently running through the season 9 episodes, and I usually watch the TV Land episodes in sequence. However, since I'm well behind in watching season 8, I'm only watching a handful of season 9 episodes -- the ones I really like, such as "The Return of Nellie", "A Child With No Name", and "May I Have This Dance". But when TV Land goes back to season 1, I'll be watching every episode.

Regarding the end of season 8, I wish they would have focused on Carrie and Grace, rather than James and Cassandra. One of the most disappointing things about the show to me was that Carrie's character wasn't developed in the later seasons.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:58 pm

Yeah, that is so unfair. I just don't understand.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8654
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:41 pm

jes9 wrote:

Regarding the end of season 8, I wish they would have focused on Carrie and Grace, rather than James and Cassandra. One of the most disappointing things about the show to me was that Carrie's character wasn't developed in the later seasons.

:agree:
James & Cassandra weren't really even needed.... storylines should have been written for Carrie & Grace instead....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?   Today at 12:18 am

Back to top Go down

Were There Any Plans for a 10th Season?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1