Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The kindness of strangers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : The kindness of strangers Goodsi10

The kindness of strangers Empty
PostSubject: The kindness of strangers   The kindness of strangers EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:41 am

Bellingham, Massachusetts. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- The Toys R Us in Bellingham is where a kid can be a kid, and a complete stranger can be an angel.
Around noon on Wednesday, a woman walked into the store and told a cashier she wanted to pay off a layaway balance.

"Which one?" she was asked. "All of them," she replied. For a total of $20,000.

FOX 25 was there when Diane Brewer from Mendon found out she may not have work extra shifts to pay for the presents she picked out weeks ago for her son.

"I have no words. I can't believe someone would do that, it's so nice," she said. "I have been running around all week picking up layaways everywhere, so this is really awesome."

The person we know only as the "Layaway Angel" walked in and with little fanfare and paid off every single layaway balance at the store.  The angel's good cheer was good fortune for 154 people.

"With all the craziness going on, it actually makes your heart feel pretty good," said Jill Levy of Bellingham.

The balances ranged from a few dollars to a few hundred, for a total of $20,000.

The reactions were priceless.

"I'm so happy about it I cried a little," one person in the store said.

Jason Wood made a special trip from Grafton to pick up his layaway items, toys for his 6-month-old and 5-year-old daughter.  "I wish there were more people like that," he said.

Jason took the money he was going to spend and used it to buy presents for Toys for Tots.  "You've got to pay it forward. It's good karma," he said.

At a place where gifts are sold, this generous gesture is a reminder of what the holidays are really all about.
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : The kindness of strangers Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: The kindness of strangers   The kindness of strangers EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Tried to edit this post and posted a new response instead...  :bang head:

Don't mind me.... Sorry

Last edited by Debbie on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : The kindness of strangers Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: The kindness of strangers   The kindness of strangers EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:51 pm

The same thing happened here at a local Wal Mart.

Santa B pays off $50,000 in layaway bills
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kindness of strangers   The kindness of strangers Empty

Back to top Go down

The kindness of strangers
Page 1 of 1