HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Christmas Decorating Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 am

I might try to get started, but the bulk of my decorating will have to wait until after the Christmas bazaar at church on Saturday. So many trees. So little time. Ctree2


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 am

I am waiting with Decorating till December 1st But looking forward to it, Not doing anything special Just a Tree, Couple of Wreaths outside Smile


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:05 pm

We but up christmas stuff last week.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:55 pm

We're getting ready. Took the fall stuff down. Now, putting Christmas decorations up.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 pm

First Time in 3 Years that i have actually Decorated i even put up Lights outside, Ctree2 Maybe someday i'll be able to Fully Enjoy Christmas again, Christmas is definitely one of the thoughest times of the year when missing a loved one


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I agree, Jacob. My mom will be gone 30 years on December 18th. All I can say is that it should get better over time. I pray that God will provide you and your family comfort and peace through the holidays.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 pm

JW wrote:
First Time in 3 Years that i have actually Decorated i even put up Lights outside, Ctree2 Maybe someday i'll be able to Fully Enjoy Christmas again, Christmas is definitely one of the thoughest times of the year when missing a loved one

I am so glad that you've decorated this year, Jacob. My heart goes out to you. Smiley Hug


bethandmanly wrote:
I agree, Jacob. My mom will be gone 30 years on December 18th. All I can say is that it should get better over time. I pray that God will provide you and your family comfort and peace through the holidays.


I can't imagine losing a parent so close to Christmas. No My dad's best friend just lost his wife unexpectedly on Thanksgiving day. So terrible. bawling



“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 am

Amy wrote:
My dad's best friend just lost his wife unexpectedly on Thanksgiving day. So terrible. bawling

That's so sad. I'll keep him up in prayer.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:03 am

Thank you Cheryl & Amy Smiley Hug

Loosing a Loved one so close to Christmas must be very very hard, Cheryl You must of been pretty young when you lost your Mom, i am so sorry, Smiley Hug
My Uncle Lost his wife on Christmas Morning 13 years ago, That was such a sad Christmas especially for their young children bawling

Amy I'll Keep your Dads friend in my prayers


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks so much, Cheryl & Jacob.

JW wrote:
My Uncle Lost his wife on Christmas Morning 13 years ago, That was such a sad Christmas especially for their young children bawling

I can't even imagine. No


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 628
Location : NE Iowa
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Amy wrote:


That's beautiful! I really like that.

I have made a couple crafts w/ my Mom lately.





Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Those are beautiful. You're very talented.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Beautiful, Kamberley!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Thanks Kamberly! I have added some trees since I originally posted that....I'd like to put a few people in the village too. Thumbsup

I love all of your decorations! Very creative and clever! Applause


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 628
Location : NE Iowa
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Thank you for the compliments. Smile I have been working on a wreath made from white trash bags.

Amy you can really go all out with those little villages, I have a friend who does one for Halloween & another for Christmas & I can't imagine how much $ she must have in those. They are very cool tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Kamberley wrote:
Thank you for the compliments. Smile I have been working on a wreath made from white trash bags.

Sounds interesting! You'll have to post a pic when you're done. Thumbsup

Kamberly wrote:
Amy you can really go all out with those little villages, I have a friend who does one for Halloween & another for Christmas & I can't imagine how much $ she must have in those. They are very cool tho.

Oh my. Yep, they can be pricey....I was shopping Michaels and looking at all the intricate pieces and they can add up! Luckily I get all mine at Goodwill type places and garage sales. I lucked out and found all the matching pieces at just a few different places.


Here's a pic of my small village on the top of one of my bookcases. This set is from various second hand places too, but they all match! The carriage is actually a Dickens piece that my mom gave me----not on the right scale, but I liked it there anyway. Smile






Here is a pic of my new book from Jacob (JW) on the forum! SO sweet of him to send it to me....thank you again, Jacob!! Smiley Hug I placed it at the top of my desk/bookshelf combo with my ice skater figurine. Love




And this isn't home decor, but it may as well be! loveheart Here is my girl with her Christmas teddy bear. Ctree2







“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Amy, you would go crazy if you saw my mom's villages. I don't have any idea how many she has, but she has shelves across her living room walls (30x30 room...maybe?) and more shelves that wrap around the living room wall into her kitchen dining room (12x12 room).....the houses sit about 3 inches apart!!! It is UNBELIEVABLE!!! thud



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 pm

very nice.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Amy, you would go crazy if you saw my mom's villages. I don't have any idea how many she has, but she has shelves across her living room walls (30x30 room...maybe?) and more shelves that wrap around the living room wall into her kitchen dining room (12x12 room).....the houses sit about 3 inches apart!!! It is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Um, WOW Rhonda....just WOW! thud




Thank you Krissy! Smile


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Amy wrote:
Kamberley wrote:
Thank you for the compliments. Smile I have been working on a wreath made from white trash bags.

Sounds interesting! You'll have to post a pic when you're done. Thumbsup

Kamberly wrote:
Amy you can really go all out with those little villages, I have a friend who does one for Halloween & another for Christmas & I can't imagine how much $ she must have in those. They are very cool tho.

Oh my. Yep, they can be pricey....I was shopping Michaels and looking at all the intricate pieces and they can add up! Luckily I get all mine at Goodwill type places and garage sales. I lucked out and found all the matching pieces at just a few different places.


Here's a pic of my small village on the top of one of my bookcases. This set is from various second hand places too, but they all match! The carriage is actually a Dickens piece that my mom gave me----not on the right scale, but I liked it there anyway. Smile






Here is a pic of my new book from Jacob (JW) on the forum! SO sweet of him to send it to me....thank you again, Jacob!! Smiley Hug I placed it at the top of my desk/bookshelf combo with my ice skater figurine. Love




And this isn't home decor, but it may as well be! loveheart Here is my girl with her Christmas teddy bear. Ctree2



I like the pictures Amy!



Rhonda wrote:
Amy, you would go crazy if you saw my mom's villages. I don't have any idea how many she has, but she has shelves across her living room walls (30x30 room...maybe?) and more shelves that wrap around the living room wall into her kitchen dining room (12x12 room).....the houses sit about 3 inches apart!!! It is UNBELIEVABLE!!! thud

Maybe you could post a photo?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Don't have a picture and not sure I can get one...... No



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19957
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:55 pm

This is their house, so you can imagine the size of the rooms.....Daddy did NOT want this big of a house, but Mom did, and she usually gets what she wants....so Daddy designed it and had it built....






CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:06 pm

thud Yep, she has plenty of space for her villages! greenS


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:41 am

I am glad you like the Book Amy hi5 and Very nice Pictures Thumbsup

Love that House Rhonda loveheart


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Amy, you would go crazy if you saw my mom's villages. I don't have any idea how many she has, but she has shelves across her living room walls (30x30 room...maybe?) and more shelves that wrap around the living room wall into her kitchen dining room (12x12 room).....the houses sit about 3 inches apart!!! It is UNBELIEVABLE!!! thud

Love the houses, Amy. How sweet that Jacob sent you such a nice gift. Love the picture of your girl and her teddy. Rhonda, I am insanely jealous. Because they are so expensive, I only have the one village, but I would love to add more. The challenge is in finding a place to put the houses. My cats keep knocking ornaments off the tree, so I haven't found a home for the village yet this year. They like the dining room too much, which is where I usually put it.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Today at 5:30 am

Back to top Go down
 
Christmas Decorating Ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Advent Basket Ideas....Ho-Ho-Ho Christmas and Scent-sational Christmas
» Sailor Moon party ideas!
» Christmas village display
» WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO COOK FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER ?
» Christmas Lights Displays

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: