Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Decorating Ideas

Go down 
+19
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Krissy
alexczarn
Honeybee
Rob
Alice
Gin
Kristina
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
Vanesa
Lori
brenda_m
bethandmanly
pamh36
Savannah
JW
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Happy011

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:46 pm

I did all my decorating today. Put up lights outside and the tree inside Smile 

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Jacobk10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:57 am

I wish I could have gotten to it, but it's been so busy it will have to wait until later this week.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 am

LIWnut wrote:
I bought new outdoor lights yesterday.  These ones have a clip that you just clip onto the eaves on the house (gutters for my US friends).  Now all I have to do is find a ladder to get to the eaves, hmmm.  I LOVE coloured lights, could hang them all year and enjoy them every day but people would think that I'm weird.
I have neighbors who don't seem to think it's weird at all. Whistle 

JW wrote:
I did all my decorating today. Put up lights outside and the tree inside Smile 
Yay!  I am all decorated---I did the inside last week, since I knew I wouldn't have time this weekend.  But I still haven't done any outdoor lights.  Lights and I just don't get along.  The last two times I've done the outdoor lights, they stop working after a short time.  Not sure it's worth ALL the work!  And this year EVERY strand of my tree lights were dead when I want to put them up, except for two.  I had to go out and get all new!Yikes  I put them away so carefully every year---WHY does this happen?!?!thud 

bethandmanly wrote:
I wish I could have gotten to it, but it's been so busy it will have to wait until later this week.
Have you done your inside yet, Cheryl?  I'm guessing you're just talking about the outdoor lights, right?  

Post pictures, everyone!  I'll have to post some soon....I have done an 'English cottage theme' this year....I'm kind of paring down the formality of the house and am going with more of a cottage style.  I didn't put up half my Christmas ornaments this year too, like the really elegant formal bulbs that I have.  And I took down the gold tree topper and bought a tartan plaid bow tree topper instead---love it! Just want to go for a more simple, old fashioned feel from now on.Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 am

Amy i always had the same problem the lights always went out after i had put them up and this year too the christmas tree lights were all out, but a few years ago i bought a Christmas light repair gun. Its amazing! it turns on all the lights again except the ones that are burnt out then you can replace that one bulb instead of replacing the whole set.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Jacobk10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Getting our Christmas decorations ready. Took down our Thanksgiving decorations down.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:48 pm

JW wrote:
Amy i always had the same problem the lights always went out after i had put them up and this year too the christmas tree lights were all out, but a few years ago i bought a Christmas light repair gun. Its amazing! it turns on all the lights again except the ones that are burnt out then you can replace that one bulb instead of replacing the whole set.

We had something like this when I was a kid. It did work. I have NO idea whatever happened to it, though! It was very good to have.

Well, I did the tree yesterday. It always ends up an all-day event for me. I have an artificial tree that is pre-lit. For that reason alone it shouldn't take me all day! Last year the bottom didn't seem to light up but, miracle of miracles, it did this year! Luckily it did because there has really been no good deals this year on trees.

Anyway, I always put up the tree and just look at it occasionally as I watch TV instead of decorating it. So, I put the tree up around noon, I think, and I didn't start decorating it until 5:00. I was done by 6:00. So, since it doesn't take me that long to do it, wouldn't you think I would just get it done when I first put the tree up?!? I never do, though. It is the same thing every year!

I brought up the rest of the decorations today. So I will take down the Thanksgiving and put the Christmas up later today.

I'll put the stuff up outside towards the middle of the week as it will be around 40 degrees then. I am not going to put too much up as someone ruined the lights last year and broke our decorations. Just because of that I don't have it in me to go to crazy outside. After all, how many of our decorations are ruined, anyway?! Blue 

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 am

This is probably the worst tree you've ever seen right? Laughing The tree it self is nothing to brag about and i didn't put on enough ornaments.
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Img_5412

Ok so i posted a picture of my tree now i wanna see your trees grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

JW wrote:
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Img_5412
You're a white lights person, huh? I tend to stick to the colored lights. But guess what?!? I have all red/white ornaments on the tree, too! yes grinsmiley 

I actually really like the look of your tree. I think the star is very pretty and I like how your tree looks like there is a glow to it in the picture. I should try and take a picture of the tree this year. I took one a couple of years ago (it generally always looks the same Smile ). But it didn't show up that well. I should try to take another one and post it.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Very pretty tree, Jacob! We also hang white lights on our tree. White lights outside as well.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Miss Oleson The trick is taking a picture in a dark room just the tree on other wise mine didn't show up good either. I actually really like colored lights but for the tree somehow i like White lights better its a prelit one Smile 

Teresa Post a pic Wink 

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Nice job, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Jacob, I love it! Love  I like the idea of the red & white ornaments...very pretty!

I love white lights on the tree but I also use a TON of lights, lol, (like seriously, 800 to 1000) and that is BLINDING.  Ha!  This year I used multi colored along with gold and I love the combination---my favorite yet.

Thanks for the tip on the light gun thingy---I saw one at Lowes but it was $20.00!! OhMy    And it still seems like just such a pain in the butt---I spent all of $1.50 per box on the new lights and it sure was easier!Yikes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:39 pm

A decoration that a friend of mine in Arkansas has..... HeeHee 

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 1000365_753736071308020_1190479223_n

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Rhonda10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Lovely!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 am

Ah yes, the beloved 'leg lamp'! Laughing  (I love when the hubby accuses the wife, "I knew it!  You were always jealous of her!" HeeHee )

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 am

What a pretty tree.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:05 am

In Tucson, when you only have palm trees and cactus, you just have to make do!
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 _wsb_310
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Tlaqep10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am

I love your tree, Jacob. Mine still aren't up, but hopefully on Saturday we'll make a big dent in decorating. I'm switching things up this year. I'll put a larger tree in the dining room and instead of wrapping garland around the pillars in the formal living room, I'm using red velvet ribbon to make them look like candy canes.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Looks like Liberace signaling a touchdown.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Tlaqep10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:35 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I love your tree, Jacob. Mine still aren't up, but hopefully on Saturday we'll make a big dent in decorating. I'm switching things up this year. I'll put a larger tree in the dining room and instead of wrapping garland around the pillars in the formal living room, I'm using red velvet ribbon to make them look like candy canes.
Oohh, sounds pretty, Cheryl!Thumbsup  Would love to see pics!  I can hardly believe your trees aren't up yet though!thud

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Cloud910

PostSubject: Christmas Village Displays   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:34 am

I know that many people have Christmas Village Displays set up during the holiday season and wondered if anyone here would like to share photos of theirs.  My mother used to collect many of the village pieces but we don't display them anymore due to lack of space.  BUT, today I found a new way to display them and save space, I'll have to try this next year.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Christ10

I'd love to see pictures of your Christmas Villages. Please post them here.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 MarilynKeeper Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 am

Wow, that's beautiful! loveheart And what a creative display!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:40 am

Marilyn, I love that method of displaying a village in the photo you shared! It is very creative.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 10868210

Here is a picture of the village my mom and I set up this year. It's not a very good picture but I wanted to take it with the lights off so you could see the lights in the village. We have three horse barns, a school, a grocery store, a house, a church, and many other items in it. We try to add something new to it every year.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:51 am

That's beautiful, Kristina!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Beautiful Kristina!  Applause  It's just perfect! loveheart  And I love the ladder idea, Marilyn! Thumbsup

LOL, here's my very 'simple' village display from a few years ago....on Jacob's "Christmas Decorating thread"...just scroll down:

https://lhotp.editboard.com/t4244p50-christmas-decorating-ideas?highlight=christmas+decorations

Since then, I now have my mom's Department 56 Village pieces, complete with people and trees, displayed on the piano.  It's not a huge setting, I think 6 buildings, but it's just right for the piano!  I wish I could upload pictures right now.  Something is wrong with my 'pictures library' and I can't upload anything until I get this fixed.  

I'm going to save my other village though---was thinking of giving it away but we're going to do built-in bookcases next to the fireplace soon and I saw a picture of how someone displayed their village on those shelves, so I'll wait and see if I want to do that someday!  Can't have too many Christmas villages! batEyes  Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating Ideas
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next