Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Decorating Ideas

Go down 
+19
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Krissy
alexczarn
Honeybee
Rob
Alice
Gin
Kristina
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
Vanesa
Lori
brenda_m
bethandmanly
pamh36
Savannah
JW
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm

I forgot to add, for the glitter ornaments, once the glue dries on the wax paper, you can peel them from the wax paper, then attach a string to hand.

I cannot believe that I forgot that very important step! *LOL*

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm

there is always stringing popcorn
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 11:31 pm

JW wrote:
Thanks Evreyone You are a Great help

Your welcome its a fun thing to talk about. And I also have another
idea. Candy Cane Rudolphs!

what you need:
candy canes
eyes from a craft store
red puff balls for the nose
brown pipe cleaners

bend the pipe cleaner in half and and twist the middle around the center of the bend in the candy cane and kink the ends of the pipe cleaner to look like antlers and glue the puff ball to the end of the short side of the candy cane for the nose and the eyes glue on between the antlers and the puff ball nose VOILA! grinsmiley Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 36_15_62

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 KEEPERBRENDAChristmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 9:49 am

I saw a little kit like that, at CVS, Brenda. I thought it was a cute idea to have everything right there in the kit to make the candy cane reindeer. I almost bought it, except that the only kind of candy canes in the kits were the peppermint kind and my kids don't usually eat them.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 2:34 am

pamh36 wrote:
I saw a little kit like that, at CVS, Brenda. I thought it was a cute idea to have everything right there in the kit to make the candy cane reindeer. I almost bought it, except that the only kind of candy canes in the kits were the peppermint kind and my kids don't usually eat them.

Cool. I learned this in school.

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 KEEPERBRENDAChristmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 8:37 am

You can make reindeer out of the small wooden clothes pins too. It takes 3 of them. Glue 2 together to form the body and 4 legs and take the third one, flip it over and glue to make the head and antlers. You can tie ribbon and a small bell on the neck and use those 'google' eyes on the face or if you are talented with paint, paint on a face. They turn out to be really cute!!!

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Reindeer-craftChristmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Reindeer-done3Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Reindeer-done4

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Rhonda10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am

*squeal!* Rhonda, those are darling!!

Guess what craft I'll be taking next time I visit my precious ones! grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 1:20 pm

grinsmiley I knew you would love those Savannah.....they are fun to make and the kids can put them together as well....there is supposed to be a way to attach a cord to hang it with between the 'body' before gluing it together.......might have to play around with it to figure that part out.....:think:

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Rhonda10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 1:24 pm

There is also a Christmas Mouse you can make with felt and candy canes and hang on the tree by their "tail".....Have fun everyone!!!
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candy_cane_mouse

You'll Need:
Two colors of Felt
Wrapped 6 inch candy cane
Plastic Wiggle eyes
Small Pom-Pom for the nose

1. Cut the body and ear piece.
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Christmas_mouse_parts
2. Cut two slits at the tip where the ears will go.
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candy_mouse2

3. Insert the ear piece into the slits.
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candy_mouse_3
4. Glue on eyes and nose.
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candy_mouse_4
5. Insert the candy cane on the backside of the mouse,
through the ears.
Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candy_mouse_complete

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Awww! Those are darling! And both crafts look simple enough that even the youngest children in my family could make them!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 1:35 pm

Here is a another version of the mouse above. Click on the mouse below for the directions............

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candycane

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Oh my word! My kitten would love one of those. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Here is a another version of the mouse above. Click on the mouse below for the directions............

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Candycane

I have one of these I need to put a new candy cane in it. And find it Laughing

Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 12:05 am

Just thought of another from my Girl Scout days

WASH CLOTH Reindeer

what you need:

brown washcloth
google eyes
brown pipe cleaners
red (or another color) ribbon
glue
bath sized bar soap
small red pompom

How to do it Spread out the wash cloth and lay the unwrapped bar of soap in the middle pull the wash cloth edges up around the soap and tie together with ribbon. arrange the edges of the wash cloth to make the ears and fold a pipe cleaner in half glue the folded end inside the folds of wash cloth where the ribbon is tied. Kink the pipe cleaner to make antlers. Glue on google eyes and pompom for eyes and nose.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 6:26 pm

I Like the Mouse lol

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Jacobk10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 pm

Nice mouse! I will made it for my little nephews. They will love it.

Vanesa. ☮

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:23 pm

I thought it would be nice If we had a thread about Christmas Decorating Ideas greenS We Always have a Christmas Tree and Couple of Paper Christmas Bells But i was looking online and i found a nice Idea for Decorating a Christmas Tree I'll Post the Link to the Website

Here are two pics from the Website i love the look of it

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Bird-beads-left-small Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Bird-beads-right-small

Here is the Website http://www.amazing-christmas-ideas.com/christmas-tree-decorating-birds-beads.html

Post Your Tradtions or other neat Christmas Decorating Ideas you have used or want to Use

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Jacobk10Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 pm

This is right up my alley. What a great idea, Jacob!

I try to theme my trees. The one in the bonus room is all snowmen, I have one that is all angels, and another that is mostly handmade ornaments. The one in my bedroom usually has snowflakes and icicles on it and the one on the upstairs balcony is a combination of teddy bears and collectibles. I would love to make it all teddy bears one day, but it's hard finding teddy bear ornaments for some reason.

I also theme the rest of my decor so that if you go into my dining room it is all santas and carolers, along with my village. Snowmen are in the playroom (the formal living room that got turned into a playroom). My angel collection is on top of the entertainment center, which is where my two-foot tree with the minature angel ornaments is. The kitchen is usually Christmas and winter flowers.

I have so much stuff at this point that I sometimes I don't bring everything out of the basement each year. All the trees get decorated, but not all the decor goes up each year. And this year I added lights to the garland on the banisters. We also switch which room the big tree is in from time to time. It used to be in the formal living room which faces the street, so that it is visible from the window. Last year and this one it is in the corner of the family room that faces the backyard. I put one of my fiber optic trees in the living room instead.

See what happens when you get me talking about Christmas decorations. greenS

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:21 am

GREAT idea for a thread Jacob! Thumbsup This'll be fun!

I love that dove idea....that is one gorgeous tree in that pic. That really is such a unique idea!

Cheryl, I sure would love to take a walk through your 'festival of trees' one day! I really don't know how you do it though....I have two, one in the living room, one in the family room, and it's all I can do to get those two done! My family room one is pre-lit, and it's skinny---such a piece of cake! But my living room one is full, and is not pre lit. It's a bear to light every year. Although I love how natural the tree looks, I really dread doing the lights and wish I would have gotten a pre-lit. Ugh.

My living room tree is more 'elegant' looking, but still has an old fashioned feel to it....it's in traditional multi-color lights. My family room tree is more for the 'kids'---it has all the ornaments we've collected for the boys over the years, and we've decorated it in red wooden beads and white lights. I love both the trees!

When I was a young girl/teen, I had a little table top tree in my bedroom, and I'm actually thinking about doing one in our master bedroom! I just used to LOVE the warm glow it gives to the room so much! Not sure what the hubby would have to say about a Christmas tree in his bedroom though. Whistle

I can't wait to decorate the day after Thanksgiving!! stockingsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:50 am

I like this thread idea, too!

my favorite parts of Christmas decorating are putting up the village and putting up the tree. I love looking at all the ornaments we have for the tree, some of them my parents have had since before I was born! my mom also has a sort-of tradition that every year, we get a new ornament with the date on it. Last year we put up our village on Thanksgiving, but I don't think we're going to have time for it today, and Thanksgiving is at my grandma's this year! I also like to be the first person to put the first gift under the tree each year, even if it's just a small gift.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Amy wrote:
Cheryl, I sure would love to take a walk through your 'festival of trees' one day!

That gives me an idea Amy! I wonder if I can walk through my house with the video camera, talking about my decorations, and then post it on YouTube. Hmmmm....gears working.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:06 am

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I like this thread idea, too!

my favorite parts of Christmas decorating are putting up the village and putting up the tree. I love looking at all the ornaments we have for the tree, some of them my parents have had since before I was born! my mom also has a sort-of tradition that every year, we get a new ornament with the date on it. Last year we put up our village on Thanksgiving, but I don't think we're going to have time for it today, and Thanksgiving is at my grandma's this year! I also like to be the first person to put the first gift under the tree each year, even if it's just a small gift.

Oh, I love Christmas villages! Sounds like you have a lot of pieces, Kristina? I am collecting a set from K-Mart (of all places!)...it's done really well actually---so far I have the church and pub, ROTFL---like those two things go hand in hand! HeeHee I just liked the design of each. I may go out tomorrow (crazy I know), and see if I can get a couple more to go with them...

bethandmanly wrote:
Amy wrote:
Cheryl, I sure would love to take a walk through your 'festival of trees' one day!

That gives me an idea Amy! I wonder if I can walk through my house with the video camera, talking about my decorations, and then post it on YouTube. Hmmmm....gears working.

Hey, that's a great idea! I'll take the tour! Wink
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:53 am

I no longer have a K-mart. No I have been wanting to get a Christmas Village for a few years now. Might have to put that on my list....lol
Growing up my Mom always said if you want the tree up ...do it. SO there wasn't much glamore in it. I however, am one that likes to go all out. I have a REAL tree in the living room. I tried to talk Clay into getting a fake one last year, but he said he isn't 50 yet. Anyone under 50 can't have a fake tree. That was just a fuss I didn't win. (He's 46.)
I also have a 4ft tree I usually put on the piano. My cat, Cassie is one that eats the branches off anything....alive or fake. So I put that one up high.
For me the biggest must in my house is the stockings. I love the secret of what is found in stockings. Last year we added another one with Nathan's girlfriend, Lauren.
Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Target have $1 bins full of stocking stuffers. I admit it was easier to think of things when the boys were smaller, but it makes me think harder now.
Lights....I love those too. I have about 15 azalea bushes in my front flower bed and they get draped in net lights each year. Icicle lights on the house, and trees wrapped.
I say we post pictures as we get things decorated!!

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Gin wrote:
I no longer have a K-mart. No I have been wanting to get a Christmas Village for a few years now. Might have to put that on my list....lol
Growing up my Mom always said if you want the tree up ...do it. SO there wasn't much glamore in it. I however, am one that likes to go all out. I have a REAL tree in the living room. I tried to talk Clay into getting a fake one last year, but he said he isn't 50 yet. Anyone under 50 can't have a fake tree. That was just a fuss I didn't win. (He's 46.)
I also have a 4ft tree I usually put on the piano. My cat, Cassie is one that eats the branches off anything....alive or fake. So I put that one up high.
For me the biggest must in my house is the stockings. I love the secret of what is found in stockings. Last year we added another one with Nathan's girlfriend, Lauren.
Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Target have $1 bins full of stocking stuffers. I admit it was easier to think of things when the boys were smaller, but it makes me think harder now.
Lights....I love those too. I have about 15 azalea bushes in my front flower bed and they get draped in net lights each year. Icicle lights on the house, and trees wrapped.
I say we post pictures as we get things decorated!!

Bummer about your K-Mart Gin...actually, we are down to one and it's not anywhere near us. You know how Walmart has a "Better Homes and Garden" line? KMart has a "Country Living" line and it's all really pretty. I don't get over there often, but I do need to make a trip to find a couple more village pieces! I hope you can find a cute set....I have searched for years, but am picky. I want the "Dept 56" brand of course, but it's WAY too pricey. My mom is collecting that, so maybe someday I'll get hers. batEyes

Don't you just LOVE the net lights for outside??? Those are SO much easier than string lights! I really want to get icicle lights this year for our roof peaks---they are SO pretty! Actually, I think I may have bought them last year, and Bill just didn't get them up. I'll know when I open up the bins later today!

I like your picture posting idea! Let's all share! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 am

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 C_phot11

Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating Ideas
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next