HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13376
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Happy Birthday to Laura!!!! dancegirl

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 am

I am a day late...but I don't think Laura would mind.
What a wonderful gift we got in having Laura . Her words, life and hope in faith and family have been such an inspiration to me over the years. Here's to a wonderful lady!!

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:46 am

Happy Birthday

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6794
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 am

Happy Belated Birthday to one of my favorite writers, Laura Ingalls Wilder! Bliss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:32 am

happysign to the woman who has brought us all together!loveheart

Make sure to check the google home page picture!!!  SO cool!!!! Love

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:05 am

It's SO CUTE! And just in case some people can't view it (which has been the case in the past), I'm going to post the image here:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19955
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:07 am

Amy wrote:
happysign to the woman who has brought us all together!loveheart

Make sure to check the google home page picture!!!  SO cool!!!! Love

I was coming over here to say just that, Amy!  
Make sure you click on the Google Banner and it will take you to all kinds of sites about Laura!  Thumbsup

Happy Birthday "little half pint of cider half drank up"!!
  happyb

New Laura Ingalls Wilder book tells the real ‘Little House’ story

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:21 am

It's kind of a monumental birthday, isn't it?  The birthday that the world (or at least those of us interested in her life) will learn so much more about the 'real' Laura, through her words in this new book release.  Really neat! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:48 pm

happysign

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 6794
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:37 am

Happy Birthday, Laura Ingalls Wilder! happyb It was neat that the google home page was decorated for Laura's birthday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19955
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

It is Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthday Week! Yes, on Sunday, February 7, it is the 149th year since this favorite author was born in the Wisconsin woods. Countless celebrations of the day have been held through the years, and still happen. Sixty years ago, in 1956, Laura turned 89. Here is an old newspaper account of that birthday: "There was no formal celebration in the Wilder home, but there was a profusion of greetings and well wishes from around the globe...There were birthday cakes from as far as Minnesota and Iowa...Congratulations to our distinguished townswoman and much happiness in the year to come." Here on Rocky Ridge Farm, preparations are being made to open for the 2016 season on March 1 in the newly completed museum and visitors center. Last minute needs and expenses involved in making this new museum experience possible are being faced. We cannot send cards or cakes to Laura these days, but if you are a person who has enjoyed her books, would you consider sending a donation in honor of Laura Ingalls Wilder during her birthday month? And make plans to see the new museum during the 2016 season. Your gift and the gift of your presence will be appreciated.

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Happy Birthday

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 7910
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Happy Birthday, Laura Ingalls!

"That would be a fate worse than death." - Sara Stanley - Road to Avonlea

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!   Today at 7:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2