HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:28 am

Early next month, 425 Wal-Mart stores nationwide will begin carrying faith-based toys from One2believe that target parents who would rather that their kids play with a Samson action figure than a Spider-Man action figure.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/IndustryInfo/story?id=3380924&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19953
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:45 am

COOL!!! I teach the 2-4 year old class at my church and these would be wonderful for the kids to have to play with. A while back, we found some Roman soldiers and I think David and his sling and Goliath, but they haven't been seen since.......These are true heros for the kids to look up to rather than the make believe Spiderman, Superman and X-Men...Thumbsup

CANCER FREE!!! †April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:52 am

:CoolSign:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 am

yeah! they are
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Nifty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:40 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 am

Cool

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:01 pm

That's very nice. batEyes

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:44 pm

Yeah it is nice... although.. as nice as these toys may be, I really don't see the kids playing with them unless they are in their church class...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:34 pm

yeah,same with me...I don't think i would want them to play with if i was a kid..
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2749

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:57 pm

Cool! I think it's a good idea :)

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:26 am

happy1 AMEN!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:45 pm

thats great! ppl need religion in their lives!

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, Iíll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:48 pm

Yes Marilla grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pm

emilyanneoftheprairie wrote:

Very true!

Marilla?

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:34 pm

I totally agree with you. Applause
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:49 pm

Actually, after clicking on the link and seeing a photo of some of the action figures they will be selling, I personally think alot of boys would play with those outside of church walls. Anything pumped up with muscles my little guy would be drawn towards.
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:40 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:

Very true!

Marilla?

Beckie

lol very funny Beckie! haha :haha:

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, Iíll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:24 pm

I still don't get it. :think:

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5987

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:42 pm

Marilla is from Anne of Green Gables. Anne didn't know anything about religion when she got to Marilla's house. Marilla taught Anne how to pray and had her learn the Lord's prayer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:56 pm

OIC, I figured it had something to do with that, lol. I saw that movie long time ago and don't remember much of it. I really want to see it again. Cool

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:58 pm

lol..it,s a good movie lol
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:50 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
OIC, I figured it had something to do with that, lol. I saw that movie long time ago and don't remember much of it. I really want to see it again. Cool

Beckie

ohhh i didn'tt knoww that u didn't know who she was! *sighs and thinks about what this world is coming to*

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:20 pm

I knew exactly who she was, just didn't remember the movie all that well.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.   Today at 1:46 am

Back to top Go down

Wal-Mart is about to bring religion to the toy aisle.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1