Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?

Go down 
+2
Rob
LauraIngallsfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Happy010

lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Empty
PostSubject: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:32 pm

I thought this could be a fun topic.. some of you might not remember, but I think it would be fun to see what was the episode that you first saw and got you hooked for more.

For me, it was Town Party, Country Party from Season 1. I watched that episode and was hooked right away! Laura immediately became my favorite character too.  Smile  

So what was first episode you ever saw?

P.S. I looked for a thread on this topic and didn't find any, so I hope it is not a repeat.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Hmm... I watched the show on and off during its original run, so I have no memory of which was the first ep I saw. I'm assuming it was from season 1, though.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:48 am

I figured that those who started watching it back during it's original run would probably not remember. For me it was easy because I just started watching them this last January.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:53 am

I saw Little House in its first run, starting with the Pilot Movie. From that point, I knew it was going to be a favorite show of mine.  Thumbsup

lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Rhonda10lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:08 am

Started with the Pilot movie! Great way to start... I still haven't see the pilot movie yet, only seen pictures from it. I am sure it will be good. I am waiting until I have time to watch it in full if possible.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 am

They hardly ever show the Pilot Movie and it isn't included in the dvd package.  You can find it on eBay or Amazon and order it there.  I love the Pilot, as it seems to be closest to the books.  Thumbsup

lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Rhonda10lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:33 am

Oh I have a copy of the Pilot, so that isn't an issue. It came with my complete 9 season set. I just need to find the time to watch the whole Pilot movie at once if possible. I would rather not have to do it in parts, that's all. But yes, I have heard that it is pretty close to the books!

Back to top Go down
Horatio Hornblower
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Horatio Hornblower

Number of posts : 29
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Well i have not actually seen this show since i was 12-13 years old. So i don`t remember but if i were to take guess i think it would have been the pilot or at least one of the early once.

I probably check out a few episodes again.

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:53 pm

The first episode I remember seeing is 'Christmas at Plum Creek,' and probably 'A Christmas They Never Forgot' after that.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Oh I love "Christmas at Plum Creek"! What a great episode to see first. I haven't seen "A Christmas They Never Forgot" yet. Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:44 am

I was born in 1974 and the earliest episode I remember watching first run was The Angry Heart in season 6 even though I'm sure I saw episodes and seasons before that.  I also saw at least part of May We Make Them Proud but the only thing I remember was Albert and the boy smoking.   I also remember watching Sylvia, The Nephews, Times are Changing, and The Last Farewell during the initial run.

I really got hooked in the fall of 1985 when Channel 50 in Detroit was showing reruns at 5pm Monday through Friday.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:00 am

Ah, Channel 50, I remember it well.  Did they chop up Little House like they did other shows?  I used to watch MASH on that channel, and they cut out so many scenes to make room for local commercials that, had I not seen the episodes before, I would've had no idea what was going on.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?   lhotp - What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was the first LHOTP episode you ever saw?
Page 1 of 1