Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books

Go down 
+5
Rob
Krissy
LauraIngallsfan
bethandmanly
Rhonda
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Purple2

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Empty
PostSubject: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:31 pm

LAURA INGALLS WILDER DOCUMENTARY

Little House on the Prairie: The Legacy of Laura Ingalls Wilder is a one-hour documentary that goes beyond the famed Little House book series to the behind-the-scenes, true life story of one of America’s most iconic authors, Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Read Here

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Laura-Ingalls-Wilder-Documentary

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Rhonda10HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:26 pm

My copy came in this week along with an autographed photo from Dean Butler.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

New book in the works! Yes, it is THE SELECTED LETTERS OF LAURA INGALLS WILDER, to be published by Harper Collins on March 8, 2016. The book is a perfect sequel to the Little House books, as the hundreds of letters printed in this volume span the years 1894-1956. Most of them were written by Laura right here on Rocky Ridge Farm, at her desk in the tiny writing study of the farmhouse. Wilder biographer William Anderson studied over 400 existing letters of Laura's--written to family, friends, editors, and her reading public. From this rich collection of her written words, we learn about her adult life-- as a farmer's wife, a mother, friend, business woman, and finally, author. There are some surprises in this book, which are bound to be of much interest to those who have wanted to know about the grown-up Laura. As far as known, there are no more major unpublished writings of Laura left of book-length caliber, so this is likely the final volume to be published posthumously. As editor, William Anderson researched historical references to people, places and situations mentioned in the letters, carefully annotating much of the correspondence. SELECTED LETTERS will be available direct from Rocky Ridge Farm, and excitingly--from our new book store, which opens a week before the book's release. Price is $26.99, 418 pages.

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 12239167_973326689397051_2814973668229501922_o

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Rhonda10HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Lauram10
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 pm

I will be buying this book!!! Thumbsup

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Nice!.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Awesome.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 3:46 pm

I HAVE THIS WONDERFUL BOOK!!! It wasn't written by Laura, but about her and her life.  I even posted Laura's life in the thread below.  If there was ever a book you wanted to add to your Little House collection, I highly recommend this one!
Life and Times of Laura

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

"Here is a perfect gift for the holiday season! THE WORLD OF LITTLE HOUSE by Carolyn Strom Collins and Christina Wyss Ericksson, has been re-released by Harper Collins. The book is filled with fascinating topics---recipes, information on Wilder museums, biographical facts and history, and even floor plans of the various "little houses." There are 150 color illustrations, including many of Garth Williams' iconic images. Buy a copy for a Little House reader--or yourself--at the Christmas at Rocky Ridge Farm event December 4th. Or order a copy from the Museum bookstore. (Order soon--we want to insure timely delivery!) This book is highly recommended. Price: 29.99."

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 12339464_978239018905818_7059280770035339549_o

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Is the text of this book updated from the last edition, or is it just a new cover?

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:40 pm

I'm not sure...just says it is being re-released.... scratchead

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:49 pm

From everything I see I think it is simply a re-release under a new cover.

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 9:10 am

I just pre-ordered The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Can't wait to read it! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 9:42 pm

They would be neat books to read

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 9:52 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
I just pre-ordered The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Can't wait to read it! Thumbsup

Thumbsup Sounds like it would be a good read.....You might also like Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House in the Ozarks~The Rediscovered Writings/  It's a collection of Laura Ingalls Wilder's rediscovered writings, ninety percent of which have never been published in book form.  Can be ordered from Amazon ----> Little House in the Ozarks

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 51YMoUwatlL

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 10:08 pm

I have that book, Rhonda! I still need to find the time to read it though...

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Thumbsup Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

THE SELECTED LETTERS OF LAURA INGALLS WILDER will be published next week! This 395 page book will be issued by Laura's publisher, Harper Collins. The book contains hundreds of letters Laura wrote between 1894-1956; truly an account of her adult life in her own words. Join her again, as she writes of her travels with Rose and Almanzo, Read more about her life on Rocky Ridge Farm, her years as a writer, mother, wife and friend. First edition copies of this new book will be available from our beautiful new shop at the Museum-Visitors Center. We invite you to buy the book from the place where most of Laura's letters were written. A bookplate, signed by William Anderson, author-editor of the book, will be included in copies purchased from us. Price is $26.99, plus shipping charges. A feature story on this new book will appear tomorrow in the "Wall Street Journal".

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 12799128_1025166017546451_4540969239866771372_n

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

'Yes, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home museum store accepts phone orders for THE SELECTED LETTERS OF LAURA INGALLS WILDER and all our books and merchandise. The number to call is 417-924 3626. The book will be out and available next week....The image you see is an early 1960s postcard of Laura's desk in her writing study. She describes the room in her letter of September 16, 1940 in the new book. Imagine her writing her books on her lined tablets, or answering thousands of fan letters! The Harvey Dunn print "Something for Supper" over Laura's desk was not something she had there. Before the museum was built, the little study doubled as a display room for photos and documents. The Dunn print was simply a display item.'

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 12814513_1025201617542891_4477974436262644256_n

Last edited by Rhonda on Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 2:48 pm

I canceled my pre-order for The selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder, because I am going to buy it on the 12th at William Anderson's book signing! wootwoot

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 5:29 pm

I got William Anderson's new book, The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder, today at his book signing! It was great getting to meet him! Here is a picture of the signed book!

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 03121610

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books 03121611

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 6:28 pm

OhMy That is very cool

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Thank you, Krissy! Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 6:45 pm

You're welcome. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Nice, Matthew!  Congratulations!  Mr. Anderson has excellent penmanship.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Thank you, and he sure does! He signed two other books for me too!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Love-s10

PostSubject: New book by William Anderson   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 10:20 pm

William Anderson has written a new book...a compilation of some of Laura's letters:

http://wkar.org/post/new-book-mi-author-collects-letters-laura-ingalls-wilder#stream/0

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

"Laura's gingerbread was well-known in her community, and later among her book readers all over the country. It is still prepared and enjoyed at events held in her honor. With her 150th birthday approaching in 2017, we imagine many people will enjoy the gingerbread recipe at upcoming observances This letter and hundreds of others are published in the new book, THE SELECTED LETTERS OF LAURA INGALLS WILDER, available from the Museum book shop."
1953 Letter from Laura

HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Wilder_1953

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books   HOUSE - Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books Empty

Back to top Go down

Other LAURA INGALLS WILDER Books
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next