Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"You're gonna be a big sister!"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : "You're gonna be a big sister!" Goodsi10

"You're gonna be a big sister!" Empty
PostSubject: Baby surprises!   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 pm

Girls finding out they're going to be big sisters.  These are sweet. loveheart

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"You're gonna be a big sister!" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : "You're gonna be a big sister!" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Love bawling Those are SO precious!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "You're gonna be a big sister!" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:18 am

Pass the Kleenex, Lisa!!  cryB  Love these---thanks for sharing, Rob!  Now I'm a mess!  Ok the first girl---that is one amazing kid, to thank her mom even before she ever opened the present!  Did you notice that?  She was a mature little thing, that's for sure.

The other little girl....SHE got me with all that genuine sobbing!  My gosh, she was just overcome! bawling  Her emotions were all over the place---excitement and disbelief, but also worry that something could happen to the baby or her mom, and that maybe it was too soon to get her hopes up.  Just amazing, the things that can be captured on video these days.  This hit home with me---these girls were about the ages when I was begging my parents to have just ONE more! pray  I really wanted a little sister or brother.  Never happened, and even though I have my own children, it's kind of a void for me, to be honest.  I always felt like I was 'supposed' to be a big sister.  Silly I know, but yep!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:05 am

I notice that, too, about the first girl, Amy. What a thoughtful girl. I was telling Rob last night that Oliveah would be just like these girls if she was blessed with a sibling. She wants one, but so far it hasn't been possible. (It really was pretty much a miracle that Oliveah was able to be conceived.)

Amy wrote:
This hit home with me---these girls were about the ages when I was begging my parents to have just ONE more! pray I really wanted a little sister or brother. Never happened, and even though I have my own children, it's kind of a void for me, to be honest. I always felt like I was 'supposed' to be a big sister. Silly I know, but yep!

No Not silly at all, Mimi. I completely understand...When I was that age, I was begging Mom and Dad for a sister. You know, that may be why you're so nurturing of others, and why you have a gift for being able to sense the underlying issues that people are facing. You're kind of like the "big sister" everyone needs. Even though you're only a few months older than I am, you're the big sister I never had and always wanted. I've learned so much from you....And I wouldn't trade my brothers for anything in the world - but sometimes a woman needs another woman to talk to - and you're the confidante I can always trust, and always there with an honest appraisal of a situation. So....maybe God's answer of "no" to your childhood prayers for a baby sister were because He knew that you would be needed by so many others down the road. I know that I've needed you. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Speaking of tearjerkers, these "On the Road" segments are always so emotional, it makes me wonder how anchorman Scott Pelley keeps his composure when they go back to him at the end.  But this one got to him.  bawling

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Lisa wrote:
No Not silly at all, Mimi. I completely understand...When I was that age, I was begging Mom and Dad for a sister. You know, that may be why you're so nurturing of others, and why you have a gift for being able to sense the underlying issues that people are facing. You're kind of like the "big sister" everyone needs. Even though you're only a few months older than I am, you're the big sister I never had and always wanted. I've learned so much from you....And I wouldn't trade my brothers for anything in the world - but sometimes a woman needs another woman to talk to - and you're the confidante I can always trust, and always there with an honest appraisal of a situation. So....maybe God's answer of "no" to your childhood prayers for a baby sister were because He knew that you would be needed by so many others down the road. I know that I've needed you.  Smiley Hug

Lisa!!! thud bawling Oh my gosh, this is one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever said to me and I am crying right now!! cryB  Happy tears, but gee whiz, I'm still working!!! LOL!!! Time to go refresh the makeup! Yikes  Ha!  THANK YOU, my dear friend, for saying that....it means the world to me that you feel this way, because as you know, I have you way up there on a pedestal and you have certainly become a sister to me as well. Smiley Hug  You are such a sweetheart, Lisa. loveheart  Thank you---I am on Cloud 9 after reading your beautiful and thoughtful words. Love

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : "You're gonna be a big sister!" Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Rob!! Stop it!! I'm a blubbering idiot over here. Love the Santa story.

My mother was pregnant when I was 5 turning 6. While I don't remember being told about the happy event to come, I do remember that when everyone asked me what I wanted for my 6th birthday. My answer was always, "a bible and a baby sister." While I got the bible, no problem, the baby sister never arrived and instead a baby brother arrived one day ahead of my day. I was NOT happy. I didn't understand why people asked me what I wanted and not deliver. That had never happened before.
And, so , I blamed the little fella for not being a sister. I was not nice to him at all. It took a long time before he and I became friends and now I wouldn't trade him for a million sisters. He gave me a sister when he got married, that's close enough.

"You're gonna be a big sister!" MarilynKeeper "You're gonna be a big sister!" Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Aww, Marilyn. Blue Well, the good thing is that you are friends NOW, and that you love your sister-in-law so much. Smile

Rob, you're killing me over here. Killing me. When the ANCHOR cries you know it's bad. Yikes Laughing That was just beautiful.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 am

That was an awesome video, Rob! I totally wasn't expecting Santa to be her dad.

"You're gonna be a big sister!" TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Amy, Smiley Hug

Rob, that's so, so sweet. But my word! That poor little girl. She's seen her dad two WEEKS out of the past two YEARS?? No That makes me so sad for her. I'm glad that she at least got to be with him at Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:12 am

I suspect this one is about to go viral... if it hasn't already.  You may have to turn it up to hear what she says.  HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 am

And here are a couple of kids finding out that they're going to be big sisters.  I love the little Homer Simpson scream when she sees the sonogram picture.  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Love I love how excited the sisters are that they're going to have a new baby in the family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "You're gonna be a big sister!"   "You're gonna be a big sister!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"You're gonna be a big sister!"
Page 1 of 1