Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum

Go down 
+8
Lori
AdIngalls
LIWnut
MissOleson
Krissy
bethandmanly
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Purple2

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Empty
PostSubject: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 6:57 pm

This happened today at 1:00 pm.  Wishing I had gone over there, but can always visit during the construction and see how things are coming along.

Taken from Laura's front porch.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 21763_867922779937443_7479577202591777463_n

What it will look like when finished.
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 11127554_867920509937670_3416940916261914800_n

Construction begins on new Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum~~Video

SPRINGFIELD, Mo.-- -
Friday was an exciting day in Mansfield, honoring a well known author;  It was the groundbreaking for the new Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum.

"I can hardly stand still!" says Jean Coday, Director of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association and Museum.  Coday has dreamed for years about a new museum at Rocky Ridge Farm.

Jean Coday has been involved with the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association and Museum since she came to Mansfield in 1960 and can hardly wait to give all Laura's treasures a new home.  "We feel it's a responsibility.  She is a treasure, not only to us, but to children all over the world who read her books, so now, we're going to have a really nice place to keep them," says Coday.

They've raised one-million dollars over the last several years, the design is done, and the dirt has begun.  Mansfield resident Taylor Short says, "I've always thought that the museum needed a bit more expansion and ideas, so I think that it'll be really really great to see what this will turn out to be like."

"We're just excited about it, and it's going to be a historic project here in Mansfield, Missouri," says Tim Bartholomew of Federal Construction, which is building the museum.

The building will be state of the art to help preserve Laura's treasures, yet rustic.  "We're hoping people will see the resemblance with a barn, because this is a farm," says Coday.

The museum site is just down the hill from the Laura Ingalls Wilder house, and once the museum is complete, their future goal is to turn this whole area back into a farmyard like it would have been when Laura lived here.

"Children need to learn about how people lived a long time ago, because that's what Laura was all about.  She was a pioneer girl, and she wrote about how she lived as a little girl," Coday says.

"I'm proud of my community, because not everybody can take that claim to fame, that they have a little bit of Laura Ingalls Wilder with them," Short says.

Crews hope to finish construction by the end of this year, and the museum hopes to have its grand opening by this time next Spring.

Coday says they've received a $200,000 USDA grant to provide furnishings in the museum, but they can always use more help.  If you'd like to help support the new museum, visit the website here.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Rhonda10Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Very nice Rhonda! I would love to visit the museum someday. Do you live near to where they are building it?

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:16 pm

I'm 30 miles away from Laura's Rocky Ridge Farm.... grinsmiley

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Rhonda10Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Lauram10
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:22 pm

Wow, so I guess you can keep us all posted on the progress! Thumbsup

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:28 pm

HeeHee Maybe so....But you can keep up with it through the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum's Face Book page.

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks for the link! I am not on Facebook, but I bookmarked the page so I can find it again.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:43 pm

OH, OK...You can also visit their website, and hopefully see updates there. Thumbsup

Laura Ingalls Wilder Home

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks, I bookmarked that as well. Thumbsup So is this eventually going to replace the current museum that is there?

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:12 pm

Yes, once they get this one finished; projected time is next Spring, they will transfer everything over to the bigger building. If you notice, the new building is modeled after a barn. They hope to turn the Rocky Ridge Farm back into the farm that Almanzo and Laura had, a working farm. Apple trees, garden, etc. yes

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 pm

That would be great if they turn it back into a working farm. The way it was and should be! Applause

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 11:33 pm

How neat. I didn't know they were doing this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:05 am

"Week 2 of our new museum going up. It'a all in the prep. work. Getting the ground work done so the foundation can begin. Here is a picture looking up at Laura Ingalls Wilder Home from the work site. We are asking for donations to take Rocky Ridge Farm back to how it was set up and operating in the early 1900's."  CLICK TO MAKE DONATION
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 10985907_873336839396037_4450587154634965849_n

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Wow!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Well, just as long as they get it finished by 2017. That is when I was planning on making a trip back there. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Week 3 : The construction site is busy pouring concrete. We are moving forward.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 10995351_878725438857177_2222580692707072583_n

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Very nice! I can't wait to see it when it is all finished.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:45 am

Thumbsup From Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

Week 4 of construction site and we are moving along. Retaining wall is poured and forms removed

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 11245492_881289728600748_8260688509216168318_n

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:47 am

Thumbsup Nice to see it moving along!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum  Thumbsup

"Here we are week 5 of our new museum. One taken from the road and the other from Laura Ingalls Wilder front lawn."

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 11053200_885693411493713_188748879689441929_n

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 10982362_885693488160372_2224515964770566297_n

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptySat May 30, 2015 12:35 pm

"Here we are at week 6 of our new museum,  and the walls are going up.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 11390025_890790627650658_3904216050688401716_n

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptySat May 30, 2015 12:38 pm

It's nice to see progress! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 10:33 am

"Here we are at week 7 of our new museum,  and the walls are progressing along.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 10599204_894885440574510_5137678053451402920_n

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Would be cool to see

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum
"We are at week Eight on our museum construction. The trusses are being put into place."

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum 10989173_898473583549029_1463458187041684576_n

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next