HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 8177
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:56 pm

That would be great if you could, Rhonda! If you do, please post pictures!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 20188
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:47 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

'Eighty years ago this month Laura Ingalls Wilder made a quick trip to Springfield, Missouri to have this photograph taken, part of a triptych. The reason? She was invited to Detroit to appear at a prestigious Book Fair, where her book ON THE BANKS OF PLUM CREEK debuted. Harper & Brothers urged her to have a fresh photo made for publicity, and this was the pose she chose. It became her standard publicity photo for the next two decades. The photo, sometimes personally signed, became part of many American classrooms, since so many children requested her picture. Right along with images of George and Abe--all three of them February babies. It is amazing to reflect on the permanent and pervasive quality of Laura Ingalls Wilder's life and art during this, her 150th birthday year. And the celebration is not yet over. Stay tuned for another major event!'

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2017-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum shared Author William Anderson's post:

More on the Wilder 150th this month at Rocky Ridge Farm: Prof. David Scrivner, recently seen fiddling on CBS Sunday Morning, again expertly played the original Pa Ingalls violin for the crowd gathered on the lawn of the Wilder house. This is always an awesome, even emotional, interlude for visitors to the site....the "huge" museum parking lot was filled to capacity; shuttles were offered from Mansfield to Rocky Ridge. Countless volunteers helped make this event happen. As Wilder said: "If enough people think of a thing and work hard enough at it, it's pretty nearly bound to happen, wind and weather permitting."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST...
With any $100 order from our Online Store, we will include a CD or DVD of our choice, as shown in the picture! Online Store

Buy your gifts for the upcoming Holiday Season and receive this special gift for yourself!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:36 pm

"Where were Laura and Almanzo Wilder 80 years ago this week? In Detroit, Michigan, at Hudson's, "the world's tallest department store." They rode from Mansfield to the Motor City in their 1936 Del Monte beige Chrysler car. Laura was a speaker at Hudson's Book Fair, where ON THE BANKS OF PLUM CREEK was debuted. In her speech, Laura explained her writer's purpose: "I wanted the children now...to know what it is that made America as they know it. Then I thought of writing the story of my childhood...and eight volume historical novel." "

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 8177
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 am

Nice! It's great that she has a connection to Detroit, even though It's a small one! yes

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum   

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7