Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum

Go down 
+8
Lori
AdIngalls
LIWnut
MissOleson
Krissy
bethandmanly
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Happy010

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Boy, I wish I was only 30 miles from her home! I would be there a lot if I was! Of course, I drive 27 miles one way for my job, so 3 more doesn't seem bad at all! HeeHee

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 1:46 pm

scratchead Well, it is nice being so close, but at $14.00 each visit, it doesn't fit into my budget.  I have found that they sell annual 'support' memberships at different levels, so I might get one of those.  If I go at least 4 times, it will have paid for itself.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Rhonda10Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

'Progress continues on "Laura's Pathway", a trail linking the Historic Farmhouse to the Rock House. The start of the trail near the Farmhouse is shown here. The Japanese Maple was planted by Rose Wilder Lane. As long as the weather cooperates, paving should begin soon!'

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1m12

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Rhonda10Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks for the update! Looks great!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 2:33 pm

'There is one more week for travelers-- or residents of the Chicago area-- to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder Exhibit at the American Writers Museum on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. This exhibit includes the original penciled manuscript of The Long Winter, which Laura was writing exactly 80 years ago. Where? In the farmhouse on Rocky Ridge Farm, of course.
The report is that the eight-month Wilder exhibit has been a great success for this new museum honoring the greatest American writers.'

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw3910

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 5:58 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

Fifty years ago, Rose Wilder Lane died in her Danbury, CT home at age 81. She had stopped there briefly, prior to embarking on a European trip. Rose spent over 50 years in the writing profession, her greatest fame during the 1920s and '30s. Several of her books remain in print. After her death, it became common knowledge that she mentored her mother in the creation, publishing, and promotion of the Little House series. A true family project, just as survival was for the Ingalls and Wilder clans. Many artifacts from Rose's creative life were donated to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association by her heir Roger Mac Bride. Her passing on October 30, 1968, marked the end of the family lines of Charles and Caroline Ingalls and of Almanzo and Laura Wilder.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4010

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 6:27 am

Blue I had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful and dedicated woman when the LIW Museum had it's Grand Opening of the new museum a few years back.  She also can be seen on several PBS documentaries about living in the Ozarks and the history of Laura and Almanzo. Such a loss to the Mansfield community and especially the LIW Home Association.

It is with a heavy heart that the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association announces the passing of our longtime Director and Board Member, Mrs. Jean C. Coday.
Mrs. Coday began her volunteer service to the Wilder Association in 1960, serving as a Board Member. Later, in 1993, she would become President of the Board, following the passing of her husband- Joseph D. Coday. In the same year, she would become the Director of the Historic Home and Museum, following the passing of Connie Tidwell.
Mrs. Coday has faithfully worked to preserve the legacy of the Wilder family and her preservation efforts are visible throughout Rocky Ridge Farm.
Generations of Wilder fans will be indebted to her vision, heartfelt commitment, and generosity.
Memorial contributions to honor her memory can be made by visiting:
http://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product_cat=donations

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4110

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 7:14 pm

What a wonderful lady. I'll be praying for her family.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:18 am

cool information. hope it will return that way. :)
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 1:45 pm

THE WAIT IS OVER!! Mansfield's China Shepherdess is just waiting to be on someone's 'whatnot' shelf this Christmas gift giving season. Click here to order yours today: http://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product=china-shepherdess

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4410

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 6:52 pm

What's better than a My First Little House book? SIX IN ONE VOLUME!! This is a beautiful collector's item with gilt edges. A perfect gift this season! Click here to see how you can get this for your "littlest" Little House fan:
http://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product=a-little-house-picture-book-treasury-hardback-full-color

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4510

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 pm

On this day, Presidents Day, tickets go on sale for the Wilder Luncheon held during the Missouri Cherry Blossom Festival in Marshfield, MO. Click this link to purchase your ticket online TODAY!! Buy Tickets Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g19

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:00 am

Wish I could be there!!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 1:05 pm

As we roll out the carpet tomorrow (3/1) for our new season we carry a theme: "A Season With Rose"! If you haven't been to Mansfield in a few seasons this is the year to check out all the new features we are incorporating.
We begin with THE ROSE TOUR. This tour will be available Monday through Friday at 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, and again at 3:00 pm. Given by experienced docents, this tour will focus on Mrs. Wilder's famous daughter Rose Wilder Lane. The cost of the tour will be $20.00** per person and limited to 15 guests each time. This tour runs from March 1st to August 30th of 2019. You are welcome to make advanced reservations as the spots are limited and may fill up quickly each day.
A WONDERFUL SEASON AWAITS YOU IN MANSFIELD!

**This tour begins in the main building instead of at the back door of the farmhouse. The docent gives you personal attention to visit about things on display about RWL in the lobby. The tour goes to the farmhouse and touches on the main aspects of Rose's time that she spent in Mansfield, MO living on Rocky Ridge. Then the groups go to the Rock House where they are given a specialized tour of the home Rose gave Laura and Almanzo in 1928. The tour goes back to the museum and into the gallery where never before seen items that belong to Rose will be on display. It should take about an hour where the farmhouse tour is about 20-30 min.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4810

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm

March is Reading Month; also the month when International Woman's Day is observed. Rose Wilder Lane is easily a key player in both realms. Her lifelong habit of reading and writing had origins at Rocky Ridge Farm. These passions morphed into a career, trying many writing genres: advertising, poetry, investigative newspaper reporting, ghostwriting, editing, translating, speech writing, short stories, novels, biographical works, political philosophy, how-to articles, travel sketches, and--vibrant letters and introspective journal keeping. Rose never followed the crowd. She is worthy of respect today for her crusading spirit-- her insistence on personal freedom, gender parity, humanitarianism, love of country and passion for learning. The Wilder Home & Museum is the place to experience the traces of this phenomenal, largely unsung woman.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4911Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw5011
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw4911Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw5210

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am

What--a Wilder book quilt blanket?! Is this the readers' new version of patchwork? Somehow, it seems that Laura Ingalls Wilder would get a chuckle out of this...."I've got my BOOKS to keep me warm"? (with apologies to the songwriter Irving Berlin) This product is marketed by Dove Prints in England. Order Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw5310

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 1:52 pm

So many of you have asked about our Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Literature Festival T-shirt! They are now available to order online at this link: Order Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g114
Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g115

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptySat May 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Sixty-two years ago, in 1957, a band of volunteers was busy prepping Almanzo and Laura's home for its first public showing for visitors. It was a sunshiny Sunday, May 19, when 500 people toured the house. "The rest is history."Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw5510

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyWed May 22, 2019 8:30 pm

That is great!!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 4:42 pm

We are excited to announce that next week tickets will go on sale for the 3rd Annual, “Wilder Dinner”.
Our 2019 special guest will be Alison Arngrim [Nellie Olsen, Little House on the Prairie]. Tickets will be $85.00 per person for the Dinner or $125.00 to attend the VIP reception/dinner.
Tickets will go on sale to Members of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association June 18th through the 24th. Members of the general public can purchase their tickets after this date, beginning June 25th. [If you're a member of the Home Association, call to purchase tickets as the online link will be uploaded on the 25th of June.] Tickets will be non-refundable. The Dinner will be held on Friday, September 20th. For more information call 417-924-3626.
Farmhouse reception starts at 5:30 p.m.
Doors open at 6:30 Dinner to begin at 7:00 p.m.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Nellie10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Click the link below to order YOUR tickets online TODAY!
Tickets Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g116

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 6:22 pm

I just happen to get this in the mail and tore the section out for saving... grinsmiley

If you receive your power by way of one of Missouri's rural electrical cooperatives then each month in your mailbox you receive the Rural Missouri..... This month our Little House Cookbook is featured. Thanks to Heather Berry for highlighting this fantastic book. Click the link below to order from us online! And click the second link to check out this month's E-edition.  
Read Here Pg 26/27   Buy Here

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g24

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 1:39 pm

While we officially close on November 15th, 2019 we will be offering extended season tours! Call and make a reservation today.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g118

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Christmas At Laura's is a FREE event.  Come see Rocky Ridge Farmhouse and visit with Santa in the parlor.  Bring your cellphone to capture the moment.
There will be refreshments in the lobby of the main complex and the Rocky Ridge Book Store will be open for all your shopping needs.  SEE YOU THERE!

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 1g119

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 am

Many of us have been surprised by a candid photograph of ourselves. This is exactly what happened to Rose Wilder Lane, who was born on this day in 1886. Russell Ogg, a photographer friend, entered Rose's New York apartment, said "Hi", and took her photo. Rose was in her mid-fifties, a well-known writer of fiction and non-fiction. Almanzo and Laura Wilder's little girl, born on the Dakota prairie, grew up to travel the world, become a dutiful daughter, write her stories, and advise her mother on the creation of the Little House books. Rose also made the preservation of the Wilder home and its contents possible for readers, who have enjoyed this historic place for the past 62 years.

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Liw5211

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next