HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 8288
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Boy, I wish I was only 30 miles from her home! I would be there a lot if I was! Of course, I drive 27 miles one way for my job, so 3 more doesn't seem bad at all! HeeHee

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 20301
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 pm

scratchead Well, it is nice being so close, but at $14.00 each visit, it doesn't fit into my budget.  I have found that they sell annual 'support' memberships at different levels, so I might get one of those.  If I go at least 4 times, it will have paid for itself.

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2018-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

'Progress continues on "Laura's Pathway", a trail linking the Historic Farmhouse to the Rock House. The start of the trail near the Farmhouse is shown here. The Japanese Maple was planted by Rose Wilder Lane. As long as the weather cooperates, paving should begin soon!'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 8288
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Wed May 30, 2018 10:05 pm

Thanks for the update! Looks great!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm

'There is one more week for travelers-- or residents of the Chicago area-- to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder Exhibit at the American Writers Museum on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. This exhibit includes the original penciled manuscript of The Long Winter, which Laura was writing exactly 80 years ago. Where? In the farmhouse on Rocky Ridge Farm, of course.
The report is that the eight-month Wilder exhibit has been a great success for this new museum honoring the greatest American writers.'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

Fifty years ago, Rose Wilder Lane died in her Danbury, CT home at age 81. She had stopped there briefly, prior to embarking on a European trip. Rose spent over 50 years in the writing profession, her greatest fame during the 1920s and '30s. Several of her books remain in print. After her death, it became common knowledge that she mentored her mother in the creation, publishing, and promotion of the Little House series. A true family project, just as survival was for the Ingalls and Wilder clans. Many artifacts from Rose's creative life were donated to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association by her heir Roger Mac Bride. Her passing on October 30, 1968, marked the end of the family lines of Charles and Caroline Ingalls and of Almanzo and Laura Wilder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:27 am

Blue I had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful and dedicated woman when the LIW Museum had it's Grand Opening of the new museum a few years back.  She also can be seen on several PBS documentaries about living in the Ozarks and the history of Laura and Almanzo. Such a loss to the Mansfield community and especially the LIW Home Association.

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

It is with a heavy heart that the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association announces the passing of our longtime Director and Board Member, Mrs. Jean C. Coday.
Mrs. Coday began her volunteer service to the Wilder Association in 1960, serving as a Board Member. Later, in 1993, she would become President of the Board, following the passing of her husband- Joseph D. Coday. In the same year, she would become the Director of the Historic Home and Museum, following the passing of Connie Tidwell.
Mrs. Coday has faithfully worked to preserve the legacy of the Wilder family and her preservation efforts are visible throughout Rocky Ridge Farm.
Generations of Wilder fans will be indebted to her vision, heartfelt commitment, and generosity.
Memorial contributions to honor her memory can be made by visiting:
http://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product_cat=donations

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7369
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:14 pm

What a wonderful lady. I'll be praying for her family.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 277
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:18 am

cool information. hope it will return that way. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:45 pm

THE WAIT IS OVER!! Mansfield's China Shepherdess is just waiting to be on someone's 'whatnot' shelf this Christmas gift giving season. Click here to order yours today: http://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product=china-shepherdess

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:52 pm

What's better than a My First Little House book? SIX IN ONE VOLUME!! This is a beautiful collector's item with gilt edges. A perfect gift this season! Click here to see how you can get this for your "littlest" Little House fan:
http://lauraingallswilderhome.com/?product=a-little-house-picture-book-treasury-hardback-full-color

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8