Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Landon Book

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : landon - Landon Book Bokmal10

landon - Landon Book Empty
PostSubject: Landon Book   landon - Landon Book EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:50 am

Recently, I purchased the book "Michael Landon, The Career and Artistry of a Television Genius."
landon - Landon Book Book10
landon - Landon Book Book_210

I would definitely recommend waiting for the library to obtain this little gem.

Chapter One talks about Michael's background from his childhood to arriving in Hollywood. The rest of the book is simply a re hash of the many episodes he did on all of his television shows.

The one thing that I find interesting about these books, is that different stories emerge about specific things.

I'm sure that most of you remember Melissa Gilbert talking about the creation of "Albert" in the series. She said that good friends of Michael had a son that was killed and his name was Albert. He created the character as a tribute to their boy........

The author of this book claims that Landon would simply leave home when he was around twelve and send time in Philadelphia living in flop houses and begging on the street. He claims that this experience would inspire Michael's creation of  Albert.

There are some interesting pieces of info in this book, but as I said above, mostly a rehash of what's already been written....  

What I wouldn't give for a book that delved into the everyday happenings on the Little House set......It would be a fun read.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : landon - Landon Book Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Landon Book   landon - Landon Book EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks for the review.

Can you point me to anything substantial online about Michael Landon?  I've only been able to get piecemeal information from sites like littlehousescenery.homestead.com and a few other forums - nothing great.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Landon Book   landon - Landon Book EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Dave, thanks for that review, it was what I thought it would be.
I don't know why, as I've lamented before, no one ever did a LHOP book the way they did ones for MASH, Law and Order and many,many other shows. Behind the scenes, backstage interviews, etc.

I would love that. Smile

The only sight I liked for pictures is the FB page for him. I think it was Friends of Michael Landon.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : landon - Landon Book Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Landon Book   landon - Landon Book EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:29 am

I have red bits and pieces of the book. I can't believe it's been 24 years today since Michael died. bawling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landon Book   landon - Landon Book Empty

Back to top Go down

Landon Book
Page 1 of 1