Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from the newbie!!!

Go down 
+4
Rob
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
Christy Michelle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Christy Michelle
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 6

Hello from the newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Just a quick introduction, I signed up recently here after coming across the board by accident. I was on Google looking for answers when this thread came up. I'm so glad to have found it. I just recently started watching reruns of LHOTP on the Hallmark Channel so I've had a lot of questions considering Hallmark hasn't played every episode in order. Lol go figure!!! I was born in 1976 so I don't remember watching LHOTP when I was little. I do remember the show but can't remember any episodes. I have a 3 yr old son who watches with me, he calls them cowboy shows. Lol
I'm wanting to buy the whole set, movies and all so I can see them from beginning to end. Any advice on how many movies or seasons there were so I know I'm getting them all and don't miss anything?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Hello from the newbie!!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:36 pm

WELCOME TO THE PRAIRIE!   Welcome

The series starts with the Pilot Movie; which is normally sold separate from the 9 seasons and 3 movies that you can buy in the one-boxed set.  I found my Pilot Movie on eBay and my youngest son bought me the boxed set for a Christmas gift one year.  If you click on this link~ Little House Info, you will find all kinds of information about Little House; breakdown of seasons and description of each episode.

Hello from the newbie!!! Rhonda10Hello from the newbie!!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Christy Michelle
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Ok thank you very much!!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Hello from the newbie!!! MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Hello from the newbie!!! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Christy, welcome to the prairie!

Welcome

I hope you find this board to be a fun and relaxing place... We are like a family on here, and I am sure you will fit right in. As far as what DVDs to buy, avoid one of the "complete sets" as those are not as good of quality as the newer remastered DVDs and blu-ray. The remastered versions have the yellow band across the top that says "Deluxe Remastered Edition". The remastered versions also are uncut, vs. the older DVDs have cut scenes in a lot of the episodes. They only have released seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in the remastered form. Season 6 will be released in July. Amazon sells them for a reasonable price, about $15 a season. For example, here is a link to season 1 remastered

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hello from the newbie!!! Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Christy Michelle
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Thanks for the info!! That will definitely help or I would've just bought any set out there trying to get the episodes.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Hello from the newbie!!! MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:10 pm

You are very welcome Christy!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hello from the newbie!!! Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Hello from the newbie!!! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Welcome to our happy Prairie home, Christy! Toodles
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Hello from the newbie!!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Welcome Welcome to the forum, Christy.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hello from the newbie!!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi, Christy! Welcome to the Prairie!
Back to top Go down
Christy Michelle
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyWed May 13, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks everyone!!! I feel like I've found my people lol. Does it make anyone else sad that the town is no longer there? I looked on YouTube and seen where they have had events where walnut grove was. I just think about how awesome it would be if it was all still there.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Hello from the newbie!!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:18 am

Welcome. Great to have you with us.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Christy Michelle
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:34 am

Thank you bethandmanly!!
Back to top Go down
Laura (Half Pint)
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Laura (Half Pint)

Number of posts : 2464
Mood : Hello from the newbie!!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! EmptyThu May 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Welcome! Hello from the newbie!!! 324367

"We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves." -The Walnut Grove Congregation on various occasions

Hello from the newbie!!! LauraHPKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the newbie!!!   Hello from the newbie!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from the newbie!!!
Page 1 of 1