Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dean Butler Interview

Go down 
+11
Prairie Wind
Rob
Lori
ChristinaAL
Lily
HarrisonCrosby4387
Teresa
Savannah
Rhonda
JW
bethandmanly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Wow, Cheryl, that is a lot of work! I think we all be that much more appreciative when we read it, knowing all the work behind it!

dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Dean's interview is now online at Laura's Little Houses. Dean talks about his connection to Laura and Almanzo, the LHOP Mega-Pack that is being released in November, and his new documentary, Almanzo Wilder: Life Before Laura that is now available exclusively through the Wilder Homestead. You'll find the interview at http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/2008/10/conversation-with-dean-butler-part-1.html

Enjoy!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:12 am

Yay! Thanks, Cheryl! I hope to read the interview today!

dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:11 am

Thanks for leaving a comment at the blog Holly. I know Dean has looked at it in the past, so it's good for people to show interest there.

I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:34 am

Wow, that was wonderful Cheryl! Great GREAT job!! Applause You should be very proud of yourself! I am so impressed with Dean's answers and insights of Almanzo and the show. He really had some in-depth answers! That must have made the interview that much easier. It seemed more like a 'conversation' than an 'interview', because sometimes you would comment on things, and then he would continue on that thought. This made it seem more 'homey' to me and less formal. I really enjoyed that! What a dream come true for you, I'm sure! I almost feel famous myself---I know someone who 'knows' Dean Butler! :haha:

Congratulations Cheryl! Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:28 pm

Amy wrote:
Wow, that was wonderful Cheryl! Great GREAT job!! Applause You should be very proud of yourself! I am so impressed with Dean's answers and insights of Almanzo and the show. He really had some in-depth answers! That must have made the interview that much easier. It seemed more like a 'conversation' than an 'interview', because sometimes you would comment on things, and then he would continue on that thought. This made it seem more 'homey' to me and less formal. I really enjoyed that! What a dream come true for you, I'm sure! I almost feel famous myself---I know someone who 'knows' Dean Butler! :haha:

Congratulations Cheryl! Cheer

LOL! You're too funny Amy. I'm glad you liked it. The conversation with Dean went very well and it's a definite advantage when you can talk to someone over the phone versus swapping emails. I was able to capture things that I wouldn't have if we had performed the interview via email. Though as I listen to the recording there are moments when my nervous laughter got on my nerves and I thought, "What a boob!" Though, I think I did much better with Dean than I did with Kent, and I hope I continue to improve as things go along.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:02 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Though as I listen to the recording there are moments when my nervous laughter got on my nerves and I thought, "What a boob!" Though, I think I did much better with Dean than I did with Kent, and I hope I continue to improve as things go along.

I do that in everyday LIFE! You know, when you pick up the phone too late and your conversation accidently gets recorded by the answering machine? I HATE listening to myself! Those are my exact thoughts of myself too: "What a boob!" :sillySmiley: :haha: But I assure you, that didn't come across in the interview...very professional and yet friendly and 'comfortable' too. I'm sure Dean sensed that and really appreciated it. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Very nice job diva buddy, you made us proud. Who would have guessed three years ago our little group would have brought us the attention we are now doting upon. I was thrilled when Dean added our Diva link to his blog giving us the credit of him launching his website and blog and life couldn't get any better. I guess I was wrong... this definitely ranks right up there too.

Lorrie Cheer

dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Dd4
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks Amy and Lorrie. You know Lorrie, I never expected things to play out the way they have. I'm thrilled that the Divas' work has been acknowledged and appreciated by Dean, and that he has a true passion with the real life of his character so many years after the show has gone off the air.

The other thing that I felt came across very well is how down to earth he his. The comments he made about society in Laura's childhood and childhood now were very insightful. I get the feeling at times that so many actors don't appreciate the roles they play, but that's not the case with Dean.

I look forward to everything else he'll be working on.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm thrilled that the Divas' work has been acknowledged and appreciated by Dean, and that he has a true passion with the real life of his character so many years after the show has gone off the air.

I would think most fans of anyone would be hard-pressed to believe they'd ever have contact with that person, or that the person would actually acknowledge what it is that they're doing! It is so cool that Dean checked you Divas out! (ahem, I mean that in the most respectful way. Wink Wink ). Anyway, I agree with the 'down to earth' part---I get the same vibe from him and it's pretty amazing that he's embraced Almanzo in this way.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:22 am

Amy wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
I'm thrilled that the Divas' work has been acknowledged and appreciated by Dean, and that he has a true passion with the real life of his character so many years after the show has gone off the air.

I would think most fans of anyone would be hard-pressed to believe they'd ever have contact with that person, or that the person would actually acknowledge what it is that they're doing! It is so cool that Dean checked you Divas out! (ahem, I mean that in the most respectful way. Wink Wink ). Anyway, I agree with the 'down to earth' part---I get the same vibe from him and it's pretty amazing that he's embraced Almanzo in this way.

And no disrespect meant toward Dean or his abilities, but this is really why I think he didn't go on to make more of a name for himself in Hollywood as an actor. He sure has the looks, but he doesn't seem to have that need to go after roles the way other actors do. I watched part of "Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow" last night and Dean's interview on the Season 8 DVD set. He has an incredible ability to act and Almanzo truly was the perfect role for him. In an old interview from 1997 or so, Dean said that he was Almanzo and Almanzo was he, and he's embraced that in a way you don't see a lot of actors embrace a role today. He embraced it then and he continues to embrace it. He's just an amazing person on many levels.

Spoken like a true Diva, huh? Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 pm

I think it's wonderful that you got to talk to him, Cheryl. If I talked to Lindsay Crouse, I would truly faint. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks. I'm surprised I didn't faint.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 1:59 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Thanks. I'm surprised I didn't faint.

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Dean Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:37 am

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 am

Nice... thanks for posting this Dave!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Enjoyed that.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler Interview   dean - Dean Butler Interview - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dean Butler Interview
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2