Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Computer help!

Go down 
+8
Rhonda
Kristina
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Krissy
Rob
Savannah
Alice
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Computer help!  Happy010

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Computer trouble   Computer help!  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

My Firefox will not open, which is where I had this forum bookmarked. Using something called Google Chrome and finally found myself back here!! greenS I am so happy to be back.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Computer help!  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Yay! Welcome back! Computer help!  205803

Odd that Firefox wouldn't open it. That's what I use.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Computer help!  Goodsi10

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Good to see you, Alice! Computer help!  39447
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks Rob and Lisa! It's very odd that it will no open. Never had this problem before. Don't know if it's my old laptop that's the problem. Good to see you both!

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Computer help!  Headac10

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm

WELCOME BACK.THAT'S VERY ODD.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Krissy!
Hope your Birthday was wonderful!

It is really odd.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Computer help!  Bokmal10

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 am

Welcome back.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:15 am

That is odd. cause, I'm on firefox. Working fine for me, for this forum.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

glad to see you back on the prairie, Alice! Wave
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Computer help!  Purple2

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 am

Welcome back! As far as firefox not working...it could be that it hasn't done an update. I like to watch reindeercam.com and the live stream of them being fed and the other day, I missed because it said I needed Javascript..... scratchead I HAVE Javascript...but apparently, it hadn't done the update that should happen....so, I updated, restarted and "Ta-Da" there is was......Might check into that..... yes

Computer help!  Rhonda10Computer help!  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Computer help!  Love-s10

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Welcome back Alice! Wave

I really liked Google Chrome, but my email acted up on it. My son loves Google Chrome, but he doesn't use email, like ever. Hope yours is ok!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm happy to have here again, Alice! And, yes, I had some bif troubles some time ago, and I must go to internet thourough Google Chrome...It's quite off. But no more ptoblems after that... Smile

Vanesa

Computer help!  Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Google Chrome is the best. Seriously.

Anyway, welcome back Alice!

Computer help!  Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:10 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Welcome back.
Thanks Cheryl!

Buttercup wrote:
That is odd. cause, I'm on firefox. Working fine for me, for this forum.
Thank you Melissa

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
glad to see you back on the prairie, Alice! Wave
Thanks Kristina

Rhonda wrote:
Welcome back! As far as firefox not working...it could be that it hasn't done an update. I like to watch reindeercam.com and the live stream of them being fed and the other day, I missed because it said I needed Javascript..... scratchead I HAVE Javascript...but apparently, it hadn't done the update that should happen....so, I updated, restarted and "Ta-Da" there is was......Might check into that..... yes
Thanks Rhonda. That all just went past me scratchead .. I'm not the best with deoing things like that on computers Ooops

Amy wrote:
Welcome back Alice! Wave

I really liked Google Chrome, but my email acted up on it. My son loves Google Chrome, but he doesn't use email, like ever. Hope yours is ok!
Thanks Amy, so far so good with it.

Vanesa wrote:
I'm happy to have here again, Alice! And, yes, I had some bif troubles some time ago, and I must go to internet thourough Google Chrome...It's quite off. But no more ptoblems after that... Smile

Vanesa
Thank you Vanesa

alexczarn wrote:
Google Chrome is the best. Seriously.

Anyway, welcome back Alice!
Thanks Alex

NOW, I just need to find my MOUSE! Using the trackball thing on the laptop is making the cursor go wild.

Sorry I got back, again so late, but I have been so busy with Christmas I have not been on the computer at all.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Computer Problem   Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 pm

I downloaded a file that wasn't safe ( didn't know it was un safe). But before I opened it. Norton blocked and removed it. I did system restore. My compture should be okay right? I did a scan also.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Yes, if your anti-virus caught it, removed it and you got a clean scan...you should be fine.  Thumbsup 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Yes, if your anti-virus caught it, removed it and you got a clean scan...you should be fine.  Thumbsup 

Thank you. Just making sure. I don't want to kill my pc again.  Smile 

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Been there, done that....not a good feeling....except mine was a malicious virus that came in the back door of my computer and wouldn't let me have control over my computer....scary indeed!  Yikes 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Been there, done that....not a good feeling....except mine was a malicious virus that came in the back door of my computer and wouldn't let me have control over my computer....scary indeed!  Yikes 

On no. yikes for sure. Yikes 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 pm

I kind of killed my pc last year. Had to get it re-installed.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:56 pm

I can't download anything anymore. Anytime I did. My laptop got the virus. I couldn't use my laptop.

Yesterday, I got delta airline email. When, I click on the attachment. Net zero said, they don't open phishing. So, I delete the email.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 am

Buttercup wrote:
I can't download anything anymore. Anytime I did. My laptop got the virus. I couldn't use my laptop.

Yesterday, I got delta airline email. When, I click on the attachment. Net zero said, they don't open phishing. So, I delete the email.

That is not good. Yikes. I think i'll just not trust links in you tube videos. Just trust I tunes, And this other site.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Compture. Problem.   Computer help!  EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 am

Yesterday morning the hydro went off. My Desktop computer was on. When it came on again. It said it was checking for the disc drives or something to make sure they are ok. Then I noticed on the motherboard no green flashing list wasn't on. So my question is. Is there suspose to a light flashing on it? I mean everything on my pc is working fine. I'm able to get online. Some one said I need to do a "Recovery". Should I? I don't really want to if I don't need too.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:29 am

I wouldn't do a recovery unless it starts acting up. When the PC came back on, it did a check of itself, so nothing more should be needed. Power outages have been all over the place because of this crazy weather we all have been having, so doing a recovery every time is a little much. If it starts doing things it hadn't before, then you might do one.  Thumbsup 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 am

Rhonda wrote:
I wouldn't do a recovery unless it starts acting up.  When the PC came back on, it did a check of itself, so nothing more should be needed.  Power outages have been all over the place because of this crazy weather we all have been having, so doing a recovery every time is a little much.  If it starts doing things it hadn't before, then you might do one.  Thumbsup 

Thank you. I didn't do one because I don't think it's needed. Yeah it's annoying to re-downlouad everything. I think that's best if it acts up then I will.

Edit: I noticed the flash that came was from Cable wire that goes into my pc. On the other desktop I noticed on top the green light comes from the Fan and the cable wired too,

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer help!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: