Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Computer help!

Go down 
+8
Rhonda
Kristina
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Krissy
Rob
Savannah
Alice
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Computer help!  - Page 2 Headac10

Computer help!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:27 am

I turned off my Windows updates so Windows 10 Pro can't upgrade on to my system. Well looks like that doesn't work. When i try to install my windows 7 updates windows 10 tries to update. Any why i can block that? Think i would rather had enough with windows and think Apple be better? If i turn my windows updates back on. It will upgrade windows 10?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Computer help!  - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:35 am

Windows 10 will not update on your computer unless you actually downloaded it to your computer. If you did, you need to go into your computer to the add/remove part and completely remove it from your computer. As long as it is there, the computer is looking for it to update. I have Windows 10 and love it, haven't had any problems with it at all. Thumbsup

Computer help!  - Page 2 Rhonda10Computer help!  - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 11:38 am

Rhonda wrote:
Windows 10 will not update on your computer unless you actually downloaded it to your computer.  If you did, you need to go into your computer to the add/remove part and completely remove it from your computer.  As long as it is there, the computer is looking for it to update.  I have Windows 10 and love it, haven't had any problems with it at all.   Thumbsup

Ok Thanks!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:13 pm

I did put the windows 10 upgrade to hidden. But whenever i try and do updates it tries and downloads still.

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Computer help!  - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Computer help!  - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 pm

That is because Microsoft is trying their hardest to get everyone on Windows 10 because the more people on it, the more money they make. Windows 10 changed the user agreement to now let them do almost anything to invade your privacy. Among the changes they made, Windows 10 now can turn on and listen to your microphone, has a keylogger that logs everything you type (including credit card numbers! Yikes ) and sends that information to Microsoft, and Microsoft also copies and saves a copy of all of your personal files from your hard drive.

For this reason I won't use Windows 10, and that is why I rarely use my Windows laptop.

Even if you hide the update, I have heard it will come back again and again.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Computer help!  - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Hiding won't get rid of Windows 10....you have to actually remove it from the computer. Go to start and find where you add/remove programs and remove it completely.....Your computer knows it is still on there, even hiding...... No

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:42 pm

By hiding I was referring to the updates that put the Windows 10 installer onto the computer. Once you uninstall them, you can hide them so that they don't automatically install again. But I have heard a few people say that even though they uninstalled them and then hid them, that they installed again anyway.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:54 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
By hiding I was referring to the updates that put the Windows 10 installer onto the computer. Once you uninstall them, you can hide them so that they don't automatically install again. But I have heard a few people say that even though they uninstalled them and then hid them, that they installed again anyway.

Thumbsup I knew that....I was talking to Krissy about hiding Windows 10.....has to be uninstalled completely....And if W10 is doing all that you mentioned, I may delete it altogether myself... scratchead

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:03 pm

I think she actually has Windows 7 right now but she is referring to the Windows 10 installer that they added to computers that where running 7 and 8.

If you installed Windows 10 with the express install, then it will be doing all that I mentioned above.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:05 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
I think she actually has Windows 7 right now but she is referring to the Windows 10 installer that they added to computers that where running 7 and 8.

If you installed Windows 10 with the express install, then it will be doing all that I mentioned above.

Yes! I'M running Windows 7 Right now! What i was meaning is.  whenever i go to do that the Windows 10- upgrade pushes in. So that tries to install instead, I have turned off my Windows updates so i can choose to my updates myself. I thought i solved my problem. I didn't. It's really stressing me out a little. I don't want Windows 10 right now.  So I've been trying to remove it. No luck yet, Sorry i guess i should have been more clear! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer help!    Computer help!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer help!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: