Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wayne Rogers Passes Away

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : Wayne Rogers Passes Away Purple2

Wayne Rogers Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:04 pm

I really enjoyed him in M*A*S*H. I still watch him in reruns. My condolences to his family. Blue

Wayne Rogers Passes Away Wayne-Rogers-MASH-jpg

Wayne Rogers, Trapper John McIntyre on TV's "M.A.S.H.," died Thursday at 82, The Associated Press reported.

Rogers' publicist and longtime friend, Rona Menashe, said he died of pneumonia.

Trapper John and Hawkeye Pierce, played by Alan Alda, swapped wisecracks and martinis on the hit show about the Korean War.

Rogers and his character was on the show for just three of the show's 11 seasons.

After M.A.S.H., he had a recurring role in the 1990s on 'Murder, She Wrote,' the AP said.

Wayne Rogers Passes Away Rhonda10Wayne Rogers Passes Away Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Wayne Rogers Passes Away Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:10 pm

I was shocked to hear about this earlier.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Wayne Rogers Passes Away Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm

I was really surprised to hear about this, too. I sometimes saw Wayne in his role as business consultant on Fox News, and thought that he had aged the best of any of his MASH co-stars.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 11:33 pm

Wayne Rogers Passes Away AAgrjEi

Alan Alda Pens Tribute to Late 'M*A*S*H' Co-Star Wayne Rogers

Wayne Rogers and I had never met before the day we began rehearsing for M*A*S*H. We were strangers, but we both knew we somehow had to find a relationship like the one the characters we played had.

We went out to dinner that night and over a long meal and a bottle of wine, we promised each other that we would give the show everything we had. We both thought it could be more than a sitcom, and we wanted to treat it as seriously as anything we'd ever been asked to do.

Once, after a long day of work, we rehearsed a scene over and over to see if we could make it better. We had already shot the scene and would never shoot it again. We just wanted to see if it could have been better.

We never stopped trying to get better - as individual actors, and as a team. And that brought us together in a way, I think, that neither of us had ever felt before with a fellow actor.

Wayne didn't like to drive, so when we shot on location in the mountains of Malibu, he would leave his car at my house and I would drive us the hour to the mountains. On the way, I would tell him my dreams and he would interpret them for me. Especially the dreams about acting.

I told him about one in which I was playing a scene in the show and the director asked me to crawl up the side of an armoire and do my lines from there. Then, he made it worse and told me to go the top of the cabinet and play the scene from there. He said he could get a better shot that way, even though I knew there was no reason for me to be on top of an armoire.

Wayne thought about this silently for a couple of miles and then he said, "This is an important dream. Directors are always asking us to do things that are unbelievable, just to accommodate the camera. Your dream is telling us never to do that. We have to remember never to do an armoire."

And we did remember. From then on, whenever a director asked us to do something we thought cheated reality just a little too much, we'd give each other a look and one of us would quietly say, "Don't do an armoire."

Wayne was warm and funny and very, very smart. But, as smart as he was, he never told you what to think. If he disagreed, he just asked you a question that innocently invited you to think about what you thought. Now, what I'm thinking about is him.

I missed Wayne when he left the show, but for decades I could see him whenever we were in the same city. But I miss him now in a new, unhappy way.

We'll never again be in the same city.

Wayne Rogers Passes Away Rhonda10Wayne Rogers Passes Away Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Wayne Rogers Passes Away Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 8:10 pm

RIP

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:53 pm

I remember Wayne playing Tony Neson in I Dream Of Jeannie, 15 Years Later. Larry Hagman was busy filming Dallas and couldn't return as Tony in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rogers Passes Away   Wayne Rogers Passes Away Empty

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rogers Passes Away
Page 1 of 1