Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prince is dead

Go down 
+5
CarrieandCassandraFan
MikeInFla
Gin
Rhonda
Rob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : died - Prince is dead Goodsi10

died - Prince is dead Empty
PostSubject: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Rock star Prince was found dead this morning at his Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Cause of death has yet to be determined. He was 57.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : died - Prince is dead Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Blue His jet had made an emergency stop so he could get to a hospital the other day because he was feeling ill; the flu I think they said.  Sounds like it was a bad string of flu, or one he couldn't shake.  Guess we'll know more as the day goes on.....I think the world is just as shocked about this as they were when Michael Jackson passes away.

died - Prince is dead Rhonda10died - Prince is dead Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : died - Prince is dead Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:38 pm

It seems so sad that if you are an entertainer you don't live to see 60. Its just happening more and more. Prayers for his family and friends.

died - Prince is dead Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:54 am

Shocking, I did not see this one coming. Sad. For what it is worth, from TMZ:

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.
We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.
Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.
Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.
We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."
We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz46Y1REcej
Back to top Go down
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : died - Prince is dead Pbucket

PostSubject: Prince died at 57   died - Prince is dead EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Rock icon Prince, died yesterday at the age of 57.

Prince Rogers Nelson, was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1958.

His was known for his hits: I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979), Controversy (1981), 1999 (1982), Little Red Corvette (1982), Let's Go Crazy (1984), When Doves Cry (1984), Purple Rain (1984), Kiss (1986), name a few.

He will be missed

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson 1958 - 2016
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:20 am

Prince basically defined my 80's childhood....I was in high school in the mid to late 80's and every party or visit to a friend's house had a Prince song playing in the background at some point. I absolutely loved his music. When he was on the Grammys a couple years ago (or was that last year?), you could see the awe the audience was in at his presence, and I felt it too. He, like Michael Jackson, had this 'larger than life' aura about him. I loved when he did the Superbowl several years back too. RIP Prince.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : died - Prince is dead Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:04 am

This shocked me. There was an interview with members of his church. I didn't know he was a Jehovah's Witness. They talk about him being just like any other average person and how he monthly went door to door.

Very sad to lose someone so young.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:45 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
This shocked me. There was an interview with members of his church. I didn't know he was a Jehovah's Witness. They talk about him being just like any other average person and how he monthly went door to door.

Oh my gosh, can you imagine Prince showing up on your front doorstep?!?! thud  I'd be like, "Forget the evangelizing for a minute---sing me a song!!" Laughing  

On a sidenote...I have seen SO many people out and about this week wearing purple!!! Love  I think that is so cool.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : died - Prince is dead Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Amy wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Oh my gosh, can you imagine Prince showing up on your front doorstep?!?! thud  I'd be like, "Forget the evangelizing for a minute---sing me a song!!" Laughing  

On a sidenote...I have seen SO many people out and about this week wearing purple!!! Love  I think that is so cool.

I wouldn't know him if he showed up at my door.

died - Prince is dead MarilynKeeper died - Prince is dead Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : died - Prince is dead Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 7:11 pm

I wasn't a fan of him. It is so sad how these stars seem to pass so young. RIP. You'll be misssed/

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : died - Prince is dead Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 6:39 am

Prince's autopsy results have been released.  The official cause of death is a fentanyl overdose.  Fentanyl is a pain medication similar to morphine, but much stronger.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : died - Prince is dead Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:28 pm

I read about that. So sad. Sounds like he was trying to get help.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prince is dead   died - Prince is dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Prince is dead
Page 1 of 1