Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Teresa
prairiedances
7 posters
AuthorMessage
prairiedances
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 6

Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  Empty
PostSubject: Linwood Boomer & Melissa Sue Anderson   Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am

Hi! I'm new here and I just have a quick question. Has Linwood Boomer ever said anything about working with Melissa Sue Anderson? Just curious. I'm a fan of her on LH but after reading Alison Arngrim's and Melissa Gilbert's books it doesn't seem like Ms. Anderson had any friends on set.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 am

Here is an old interview of Melissa's. She talks about Linwood, and other cast members, briefly.

http://www.zunshine.com/littlehouse/anderson.html

Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:48 pm

I have to say that in the interview included with the final movies, MSA spoke fondly of Linwood too. She felt bad that when she decided to leave the show that meant he was out of a job. I always thought they had great chemistry--more so than Dean Butler and Melissa Gilbert. Part of that was an age thing, which lessened as she got older, but it wasn't until Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow that I felt they acted like a true couple.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:02 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I have to say that in the interview included with the final movies, MSA spoke fondly of Linwood too. She felt bad that when she decided to leave the show that meant he was out of a job. I always thought they had great chemistry--more so than Dean Butler and Melissa Gilbert. Part of that was an age thing, which lessened as she got older, but it wasn't until Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow that I felt they acted like a true couple.

Yes, I've noticed that too. Melissa Sue and Linwod Boomer had a great chemistry and they really acted like a married couple on the set.

I don't think MSA didn't have any friends on the show. I think she had just another way of acting, less outspoken , less bright. She was sure of herfself, but shy at the same time. I like her as a person and as an actress a great deal. Smile

Vanesa.

Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I loved reading this... The chili-onion-contest!!! Oh dear.If Mike asked me to do that-I'd say NO! ShyGirl

Thanks, Teresa!!! grinsmiley

Leaves Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
prairiedances
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks! I've seen the interviews with Melissa Sue Anderson that were mentioned but I hadn't read this one: http://www.zunshine.com/littlehouse/anderson.html . Very interesting :) I was more curious on what Linwood personally has said about LH and/or Melissa Sue. Thanks though!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:05 pm

prairiedances wrote:
Thanks! I've seen the interviews with Melissa Sue Anderson that were mentioned but I hadn't read this one: http://www.zunshine.com/littlehouse/anderson.html . Very interesting :) I was more curious on what Linwood personally has said about LH and/or Melissa Sue. Thanks though!

I've already read those interviews and I've fund Melissa Sue as the kind of person I really like. She never slanders anyone and she seems very quiet and reflexive.

Vanesa. Smile

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 am

I've never seen many interviews with him and ones like this one below, gloss over his LHOP years. It was short and he didn't like acting as much as being in the back of the camera. He had an interesting life beforehand. Has he ever gone to a LHOP fan gathering?

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2009/08/18/linwood-boomer-the-origins-of-malcolm/
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:11 pm

I don't believe he has ever attended anything LHOP related. I remember reading an interview with him once--maybe it was a short one for TV Guide--when Malcom in the Middle was popular. He seemed to pick on shows like LHOP, stating real life wasn't like that. That always tainted my opinion of him a bit, because even though real life isn't that way, a show like that kept putting money in his bank account.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm

That's like the Brady" kids lamenting it ruined their careers when it also made them money as they rode the waves of fame for 5-7 years. They didn't want to leave then.
I wonder if LHOP stayed on, if Linwood would have.

If you read the interview I linked he isn't a very social person, at least in high school, maybe he has his opinions but doesn't have the best way of expressing them to the public.

one quote:
“I was more self-centered and antagonistic, so basically I took a belligerent jackass and turned him (Malcolm) into a charming eccentric,” Boomer says. “I was a troubled kid with very few social skills and did not connect to the people around me. I was not a sociopath, but I wasn’t social. I was always telling the principal he was stupid and arguing with my teachers. I would be horrified if my children ever did that.

If he meant LHOP as a whole wasn't real, well, it was real enough and we don't need all "Law and Order" and realistic shows about teen pregnancy all the time. If he meant HIS role wasn't, well, at times, it was true. He was blind, not blind, got a law degree pretty quickly, much of their storyline was a bit dramatic. I wish they stayed on though without all the bad things happening to them. And believe it or not, there are communities that still are close and know each other, fewer than many years ago, but some.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
If he meant LHOP as a whole wasn't real, well, it was real enough and we don't need all "Law and Order" and realistic shows about teen pregnancy all the time. If he meant HIS role wasn't, well, at times, it was true. He was blind, not blind, got a law degree pretty quickly, much of their storyline was a bit dramatic. I wish they stayed on though without all the bad things happening to them. And believe it or not, there are communities that still are close and know each other, fewer than many years ago, but some.

He didn't come out and say LHOP specifically, but he talked about family shows where the characters got along, the kids were basically good, the parents always had great advice, etc. not being real. That's probably true for him, because of how he grew up. That's not true for everyone. And, if more families were like that, and more of today's shows focused on how families could work together versus all the dysfunction, the world would probably be a nicer place.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:30 am

Yes. I'm always shocked when people believes that things are only the way they are used to see they are. They only knows ONE way to live and to see life. These kind of people also believes that if you believes in an unite family, in which basically evryone loves each other, this must be hypoccrite or pure fantasy. And this is not true. Well; it's not always true, at least. Wink

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 am

Well, even Micheal's life wasn't LHOP, but he was "Hollywood". I had a somewhat dysfunctional family like most kids, you just didn't really notice until adulthood. Smile I had a Dad like "My Three Sons" (not quite Andy Griffith) my Mom was a little crazy, but a homemaker, sometimes Rosanne (early shows) seemed realistic, sometimes Cosby, sometimes Growing Pains....never Brady Bunch, LoL. I think our lives mirror a lot of things and shows like LHOP, maybe they are goodness, but you should strive for that. They certainly had their bad moments, maybe most people (except the Amish) would have more trouble responding in kind, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good example.
That's why it angered me when stinging from his affair, Mr. Landon said "Charles would have cheated if the homes weren't so far away". NOT! Some people are like Charles, I've known them, not perfect but they try every day to be a good person and help others. We don't have to mirror the worst in society, we should strive for the best.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Yes. I agree 100% to which you've written. Our families ARE a little mix of all those TV shows (and I agree too with the "Brady Bunch" thing...Hehehe HeeHee ). Not Ifyllic but *almost* grinsmiley greenS

And yes; I've also known men like Charles. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:01 am

I loved their pairing in LHOTP so much. They had the greatest chemistry and rapport. Always made me feel for their characters watching their scenes together. Am reading Melissa Sue's autobiography/memoir and she writes very little about Linwood Boomer.  The things that she does say are very positive. Sounds like she had a good working relationship with him.

Sweet that she describes him as being "being handsome in a nontraditional way. Linwood was nervous, but it sure didn't show. He couldn't have been nicer or funnier with his oddball sense of humor. He would constantly say to me, 'Your eyes are like two limpid pools shining in the moonlight,' and I would always laugh." loveheart

Her memoir was basically okay, but I feel that she could have gone deeper and shared more anecdotes and behind the scenes funny stories instead of quoting word for word most of the scenes from the episodes she was covering in her book.  Didn't make for great reading, I'm afraid. She must have realized this. Think she needed a collaborator/good editor to aid her. scratchead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer    Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer  Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Sue Anderson and Linwood Boomer
Page 1 of 1