Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Put a sock in it!

Go down 
+3
Lily
Rhonda
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Put a sock in it! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Put a sock in it! Happy010

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 12:53 pm

My SIL let my niece and nephews spend last night here ( Cheer ) Today was supposed to be so hot out.........I took them out early, early this morning and we rollerbladed (yeah.....me, too, LOL!) and did some chalk pictures on the front sidewalk......made a hopscotch game. . . . rode bikes a little.. . . But by mid-morning it was already too hot to be out any longer. So we went inside, found some socks that didn't have mates, and set to play, making sock puppets. grinsmiley Michael wanted to be sure that we were using CLEAN socks. :Hahaha: Like I'd want to stick my hand in a dirty sock for a puppet play! LOL! I always love seeing what kind of puppets they'll make. Caleby told me that his puppet is a "blue-eyed baby. An' he's a good boy, too!".

Then, my Dad came home with a Parakeet - which the children have been wanting for MONTHS. Someone he knew asked him if he knew anyone who would want a free parakeet........so, now they're the proud "parents" of a parakeet. The naming process has not been pretty, however. :Hahaha: Caleb always wants to name things according to their color. (Bluey, Brownie, Reddy, Greenie, etc) Rachel wants a Bible name, Michael wants it named Spot.......The bird will probably end up with multiple personalities, and have several names. :sillySmiley:

The sock puppets, by the way, scared my dog half to death. Big brave girl. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Put a sock in it! Purple2

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Applause Savannah, I am so glad that you got the priceless time spent with those children. I know that these memories will be with them for a long time. As for naming the bird, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that one, poor thing will probably be schizophrenic!!! ROTFL

Put a sock in it! Rhonda10Put a sock in it! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Put a sock in it! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Put a sock in it! Vianne10

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:10 pm

I'm so happy for you Savannah, you finally get to spend some time with the kids. Enjoy every minute of it. :woohooo:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Put a sock in it! Goodsi10

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:33 pm

Savannah wrote:
Caleb always wants to name things according to their color. (Bluey, Brownie, Reddy, Greenie, etc) Rachel wants a Bible name, Michael wants it named Spot.......The bird will probably end up with multiple personalities, and have several names. :sillySmiley:

The obvious choice would be Brownie Methusalah Spot. But everybody names their parakeet that. Hey, did you know that "Gomer" is a Biblical name? I think he was one of Noah's grandsons. That way the 'keet could be Biblical and TAGS- related. batEyes
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:35 pm

thats great that u got to spend time with them!
~*emilyanne*~

Put a sock in it! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Put a sock in it! Cute-2
Back to top Go down

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 3:09 pm

Thats great Savannah.:idance: Sounds like you guys had fun. I've always wanted to rollerbladed. Never brave enough.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 7:46 pm

That is great, Savannah! I know you all had a wonderful time together.

Put a sock in it! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Put a sock in it! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 8:01 pm

Susie wrote:
I've always wanted to rollerbladed. Never brave enough.

Well, in my case, I'm pretty sure that bravery had very little to do with it. Whistle grinsmiley

I took lots of pictures today, of them making the puppets, and how the puppets turned out........I'm a picture-taking nut. I have thousands of pictues (literally) of the children. At eight months: "Awwwwww.....he's playing with his toes!!" *click* "Oh look!! She's smiling!!!" *click* LOL

Rob.....what a coincidence! I suggested Brownie Methuselah Spot, but the children said that all of their friends had already named their parakeets that. Bummer. batEyes

I was so shocked when I found out that Gomer was a Bible name! Not one I'd choose to name a child of mine, should I ever have one........but still! I was really very surprised. I know what Caleb's response would be if I suggested naming the bird "Gomer". "Do you think we can teach him to say 'Well, bwess her heart!'?". grinsmiley Do you remember that scene in the episode "Gomer Pyle, USMC" when Gomer's moving too slowly to suit the Sergeant, and he shouts "My GRANDMA can move faster than you can!!". And, Gomer, who quite obviously believes every word of it, and is very impressed, replies "Well, bless her heart!". :Hahaha: Caleb has done an impression of that since he was two-and-a-half. batEyes Yes, I begin the Andy Griffith training school VERY early. :shifty: He was bottle-fed on the old Zorro series, too.

:oops: Sorry........I'm rambling again. Type Wave
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Put a sock in it! Purple2

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 8:28 pm

All I can say is "WELCOME BACK SAVANNAH! YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!" I say that because I can tell you had a wonderful time with the children and our old Savannah returned to this thread to tell us all about it! I have missed that in you girl, hang in there, they will be back soon enough! For good! Applause

Put a sock in it! Rhonda10Put a sock in it! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Put a sock in it! Goodsi10

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 6:37 am

Savannah wrote:
Do you remember that scene in the episode "Gomer Pyle, USMC" when Gomer's moving too slowly to suit the Sergeant, and he shouts "My GRANDMA can move faster than you can!!". And, Gomer, who quite obviously believes every word of it, and is very impressed, replies "Well, bless her heart!". :Hahaha:

Remember it well. :haha: Barney also said that line about Mrs. Mendelbright after he got into Otis's "spring water." It's always funny when Barney gets gassed. "I'm no good. I'm no good! Do you like me, Andy? I like you. I have always liked you!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:05 am

Sounds like a great time Savannah. happy1
I also like to rollerblade and they are making a park near my house that will have nice sidewalks for rollerblading. :sillySmiley:

Let us know what the final name will be. grinsmiley

Put a sock in it! Horses10
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:32 am

Susie wrote:
Thats great Savannah.:idance: Sounds like you guys had fun. I've always wanted to rollerbladed. Never brave enough.

wow ou've never rollerbladed b4? OhMy we do it alot cuz this other church does skating parties Cheer but oh well its okay! :alright:
~*emilyanne*~

Put a sock in it! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Put a sock in it! Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Put a sock in it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Put a sock in it!   Put a sock in it! Empty

Back to top Go down

Put a sock in it!
Page 1 of 1