Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wish me luck LHOTP fans!

Go down 
+12
Carol
Rob
Savannah
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
georgiagirl1993
bethandmanly
JW
Rhonda
Lily
flatbroke
RoseRed
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 3:24 pm

flatbroke wrote:

I intend to quit, but I've given up so many bad habits lately, if I try one more this soon my body's liable to rebel on me. It'd be easier if the wife didn't smoke. Last time I was in the hospital, I didn't smoke for a week, and came out feeling fine about it. But, being around another smoker, it's hard to do. So, when I do quit, we'll have to quit together.

I've heard Jim say what you say so many times Larry. Ill Cig tax is going up another $1 the 1st of the year. That will be $1.75 just in tax. We also are going smoke free in all public places. I agree with that...except the bars.

Your doing great.happy1 The counter is really awesome. I like how it breaks things down.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:48 pm

Rob wrote:
I smoked my last cigarette on Aug. 14, 1994. Within a week, I didn't miss them at all. Still don't. You'll do just fine. Thumbsup

My dad quit cold turkey and he never missed them either. He started smoking at 4!!! lol

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 3:23 pm

4??!! WOW OhMy

One week, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 17 seconds. 247 cigarettes not smoked, saving $49.40. Life saved: 20 hours, 35 minutes.
happy1

You remain responsible.. Forever...
For what you have tamed.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 4:53 pm

I am so proud of you, RoseRed. I know from when both my parents smoke how bad it is and I am happy that you have determined to quit. After over 30 years of smoking, they both quit and they are so much healthier and happier with the results. We all offer you lots of support.

I like the breakdown, too. It really puts things in perspective.

Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 HummerWish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 MistiKeeperWish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Bookclub5Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 6:18 pm

I Know my Dad Smokes and i can't it But he'll probally never quit he tride once but he give in again but he Slow down a lot

Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Jacobk10Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Thank you Misti, that means alot to me.

My dad smoked for over 40 years and quit a couple of years ago.

The sad thing is, back then, everyone smoked indoors and I grew up with second hand smoke and then started smoking myself as a teen.

Basically, I've been smoking my whole life if you count the second hand smoke.

Certainly time to quit!

For what you have tamed.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 7:18 pm

Good luck! Things will be all right!

Vanesa.

Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 9:07 am

Good for you, RoseRed!!! happy1 Continue to kick butt! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 am

Nearly 11 days now!

I already feel healthier.

One week, three days, 21 hours, 23 minutes and 6 seconds. 381 cigarettes not smoked, saving $76.24. Life saved: 1 day, 7 hours, 45 minutes.

Thanks for the support everyone :)

For what you have tamed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 pm

Your doing really great. I've said it before....I really like the counter and how it breaks it down.happy1
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:59 pm

Cheer

Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Goodluck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck LHOTP fans!   Wish me luck LHOTP fans! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wish me luck LHOTP fans!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2