Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Children's TV show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Number of posts : 23

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Is the series appropriate/suitable for children?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Children's TV show Goodsi10

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyThu May 04, 2017 4:01 pm

It is, but there are a couple of episodes with very dark themes. I'm thinking of "Sylvia" and "May We Make Them Proud." Children might be disturbed by certain scenes in those.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Children's TV show Purple2

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyThu May 04, 2017 4:23 pm

scratchead It is great for children, but as Rob said, some episodes have dark themes. For those episodes, you would definitely want to be in the same room to talk them through things.

100 Mile Walk (The accidental explosion)
Darkness is My Friend (Charles getting shot through the door)
He Was Only Twelve (would be hard for them to see another child shot)

Children's TV show Rhonda10Children's TV show Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyThu May 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Sylvia is one that is not suitable for children. My Ellen and Rage would also be scary for children to watch. I don't watch Sylvia that much. Gives me the creeps.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Which episodes from each season do you think are suitable for children?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 3:19 pm

scratchead Depending on the age of your children, you would have to go through each episode from each season and decide that for yourself. Kids mature differently and some can handle the darker episodes better compared to the more immature child. What I feel is alright for my kids to watch might not be near suitable for yours. so you have to watch and decide on your own.

Children's TV show Rhonda10Children's TV show Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 am

Like Sylvia where a girl gets raped/sexually assaulted, I don't think I like Be My Friend because of an abusive religious father and that Charles threatened to give Laura a whipping for walking along the creek and searching for notes in bottles all day and making him upset. I thought he would never hit her.

I wouldn't like The Cheaters due to Jonathan Garvey taking his son Andrew for a whipping because he cheated in an exam. Well, at least the ending was funny where Harriet Olesen found out that her daughter Nellie was the one who cheated and that she chased her out of the schoolhouse while the other kids followed them and Alice Garvey laughed.

And I certainly wouldn't like May We Make Them Proud because of Alice Garvey and Adam. Jr being burned to death.

How very serious/extreme. And how morally family/child-friendly and controversial, I think.

No wonder some episodes are rated-PG and one of them (Sylvia) is rated-12 while the rest is rated-U.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Rob wrote:
It's kind of funny, really. Little House has a reputation for being the ultimate "family show." But they definitely explored some very dark themes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Children's TV show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's TV show   Children's TV show Empty

Back to top Go down

Children's TV show
Page 1 of 1