Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stan Ivar and LH Set

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
konilio
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 2

Stan Ivar and LH Set Empty
PostSubject: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Does anybody know if Stan Ivar indeed has the little house set in his ranch?  I'd love to see some pictures of it. How is he going to use it?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Stan Ivar and LH Set Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 pm

scratchead I looked up Stan Ivar on imdb.com and in the trivia section for him, it says, "Owns the real little house which is on his ranch, dismantled, and waiting to be erected again. The city of Walnut Grove (Minnesota) is willing to display it on the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum site, but it is not yet possible because Ed Friendly still owns the rights of everything about the series, and his permission is needed."

We have a member who took the time out to make the map of the town: Toby's Map

loveheart Here's a NEAT video of Melissa Gilbert and Dean Butler walking around the set and reminiscing about the show, the set, the people and the characters....I LOVE watching this!

Stan Ivar and LH Set Rhonda10Stan Ivar and LH Set Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Thumbsup Here are some other videos of former stars going back to visit.

Part One

Part Two

cryB Walnut Grove Then and Now

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 5:58 am

Since Ed Friendly passed away, is it his estate that is holding it up or refusing?
Back to top Go down
konilio
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 am

It would be great if anyone could contact Stan in order to inform us about the future of the set. I can't find any profile on Facebook, Tweeter or contact information.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 4:19 am

Stan seems to be very private, no family that is on websites or recent interviews. He's 74 now so probably wont start a public FB/Twitter type thing now if he doesn't. Might be under a different name.

I hope he donates it to a LHOP/Laura Ingall's museum one day. Hate to see it just thrown out.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 pm

scratchead It would be great if he could donate it, but it sounds like no matter what, it will be tied up in legal rights. I'm actually surprised that Stan Ivar could even move it to his ranch without some kind of problem there. Hopefully, Mr. Friendly's daughter will see what the right thing to do is and release many of the rights that have episodes, structures, etc., tied up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stan Ivar and LH Set   Stan Ivar and LH Set Empty

Back to top Go down

Stan Ivar and LH Set
Page 1 of 1