Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)

Go down 
+21
Debbie
LHOTPfan2000
orangecake
julmer70
Savannah
Rob
jessicamarie
Praire Girl
Jillybean
Amy
littlehouselover
Prairie Dweller
bethandmanly
Ruth
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Shell
Vanesa
jes9
Gin
Krissy
Davetucson
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 am

I think it's how it is done. I never thought about it that way, in a sense I felt they were trying to say, "The great life you thought I had watching me, it wasn't". Talking about money issues though is one thing, too much info might be unseemly by some.

James Garner a few years ago, had a great bio,very well done.He had a very crazy mother or stepmother, touched on that, shared a few stories and how it shaped him, and then moved on. You needed to know that to know why he did certain things later.

I agree though, too many bios in Hollywood, especially by musicians and stars are just to titillate and get people to buy it.

Whether she wrote this just for the money, partly as a cathartic therapy, I don't know, but I've read many more books that went into more detail.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 pm

If you get the FOX News network, Melissa is going to be talking with Megyn Kelly in the next few minutes about her early life!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Did you watch the interview?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm

I did. She didn't really give any details from the book. Mostly she talked about how her Mom was a real stage mother, and they don't have a relationship today because of it. Megyn Kelly said it was a fascinating read, though. She seems to be a Little House fan.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Cool that Megyn Kelly seemed to be a fan!

What a shame that MF doesn't have a good relationship with her Mom. Maybe they'll eventually be able to work things out. (Though. . . a tell-all kind of book probably isn't the best of ways to start that.
Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 68167)
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:45 pm

That's sad she doesn't get along with her mom too good!!!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I just started the book a few days ago. Very interesting read so far. I'm now up to the beginning of her LH days. Smile
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm halfway done with her book now. All I'm going to say is...Oh...My...God... mad thud
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:05 am

julmer70 wrote:
I'm halfway done with her book now. All I'm going to say is...Oh...My...God... mad thud

I'm a little confused...Your second emoticon fainting could mean that the book is amazingly good...But the first one makes me think it's really BAD!!! scratchead scratchead HeeHee Huh?

Vanesa.

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:25 am

The first emoticon shows my being appalled at what I was reading. That's all I'm going to say (don't want to ruin it). The fainting one just means I'm shocked at what I've read so far!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 pm

gossip i take it

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 am

julmer70 wrote:
The first emoticon shows my being appalled at what I was reading. That's all I'm going to say (don't want to ruin it). The fainting one just means I'm shocked at what I've read so far!

Uh, Oh....Now I think that I understand what you are trying to say... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:20 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
gossip i take it

Not so much gossip Krissy, but things she went through. Wow... Blue
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am

I don't think i;ll get a copy.Unless i find it at the librray to borrow.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Thought this was kind of funny...I dropped off 2 books at consignment shop 3 weeks ago, Melissa Francis's book and Bruce Springsteen's new one (which was $$) His book today was still there and reduced a dollar and hers was gone...I bet gone very soon too.

Maybe Bruce is "old" now but there's something about LHOP that people want to read about it.
Too bad Melissa Gilbert put hers on the back burner or off all together.
Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm

I saw the reviews on Amazon and other sites. I may have seen her news broadcasts and forgot who she was. It's nice she moved on to other things and is successful. I read that her sister died young. That's very sad. Many people who had crappy childhoods really strive to make it better for their offspring. Does she mention if she still has contact with Jason or any other LH cast member?
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Just finished Melissa Francis book.  For me it was a tale of an  amazing journey in the life of a  very talented girl.  Not just Melissa though, but her sister Tiffany.  The life they lived at the hand of their mother was really awful.  

This book was well written and the detail she put into it was neccessary for the reader to feel what her childhood/ young adult years were like.  
Melissa does talk about doing " The Lost Ones" episode which was she and Jason Batemans first show on Little House.   She talked about doing the scenes and how Michael Landon praised her.  I thought how kind that was considering she didn't often hear it from her Mom in a good way.

She has seen tragedy and had to deal with real loss but thankfully had her husband by her side when that happend.  
I wish her the best in life, so glad that another child actor has actually made it .

If you haven't read this book, it's worth the buy.   There is a bit of language, but it's mainly quotes if that helps .  You won't find it throughout the book either.  

On a scale 1 to 10. 10 being the best....I would say a 9.

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:50 am

Should I really bother to get it??? (as a fan of LHOTP I mean)

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm

For those with a Kindle, "Diary of a Stage Mother's Daughter" is being offered on Amazon today for only $1.99.  Not sure if this is just a one-day deal or what.  Here's the link:

Missy Francis Kindle Book
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:40 am

Now, let me preface this post by saying I'm not trying to highlight the actual content (politics) of the clip, but Missy Francis made big news this week by saying on her show that when she was at CNBC she was silenced when reporting on the math of ObamaCare. If you want to take a peek you can find the video at http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3891956966001/melissa-francis-i-was-silenced-by-cnbc/?intcmp=ob_homepage_dont_miss&intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:01 pm

I like her so much...but I actually stopped watching her when she left CNBC for Fox. I could NEVER watch Fox news... laugh3

But I still like her a lot and wish her the very best in anything she does. A job is a job and I'm happy to see her doing so well! Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 5:46 pm

I don't watch fox news either lol
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:19 pm

I NEVER watch Fox news.. mad
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:33 am

She is actually on Fox Business News, rather than Fox News. I find that FBN has more of a libertarian slant than conservative, with shows like Stossel and The Independents.

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:01 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/12/melissa-francis-robin-williams-gift_n_6311314.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I loved reading about her time with Robin Williams when she was young. A sweet thing for Robin to do and I would have saved the bear too. ; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Francis (Cassandra)    Melissa Francis (Cassandra)  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Francis (Cassandra)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next