Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Gilbert Moving

Go down 
+3
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Davetucson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Melissa Gilbert Moving Bokmal10

Melissa Gilbert Moving Empty
PostSubject: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 7:22 am

As usual, the little town stay for a Hollywood Celebrity didn't last long......................................

'Little House on the Prairie' actress Melissa Gilbert holding estate sale at Michigan house
Sale to be held July 27-28, 2018.

BRIGHTON, Mich. - "Little House on the Prairie" actress Melissa Gilbert and her actor-director husband, Timothy Busfield, are leaving their Michigan home to head for New York.

They are leaving behind a 2,500-square-foot house in Brighton.

The couple will hold an estate sale July 27-28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Inside the beautiful 2500 sqft Brighton home of Melissa Gilbert and Timothy Busfield, you will find an entire main floor, an upper level, a basement and a garage filled to the brim with tons of great stuff! With everything in working order and in great condition you are bound to leave with something you love.

Here at Poof, we stand out with our ability to offer an estate sale experience you won’t soon forget! We believe in creating a friendly shopping environment in which you can enjoy competitive prices and ask all the questions your heart desires! We help you find what you are looking for with style.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Melissa Gilbert Moving MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Melissa Gilbert Moving Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 pm

It would be fun to go to the sale...

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Melissa Gilbert Moving Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa Gilbert Moving Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Melissa Gilbert Moving Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 am

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
It would be fun to go to the sale...

It sure would! I wonder if she has a grand piano for sale. greenS
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 am

I guess you can't take the city out of the girl ; ) I didn't think that would ever be their forever home but a change. Seems like they want a furnished place and will leave things they don't want anymore.I'm sure they will do well, but I bet they will be priced high. Dvd's not so much since they are pretty cheap now.  From an article:

Ruby said the couple planned to downsize from their Brighton home and move back to New York City into a place that is fully furnished. She did not know if the couple planned to own, lease or rent their New York City residence.

Ruby said she only knew "minimally" the items that would be available during the estate sale because she hasn't had a chance to be in the Brighton home yet. But, she said Busfield loves movies and is a big collector of DVDs, so she expects a collection of DVDs.

Ruby said some of Gilbert's designer clothing is expected to be available as well as handcrafted, original art pieces designed for Gilbert. Ruby said she expects to know in the next week or so who designed and painted the art pieces that will be available.

Ruby said the last time she met with the couple last week they were getting ready for a farewell party. She said she if they haven't left for New York City, she expected them to do so shortly.

Her Instagram had pics of them doing it themselves (I feel a money issue here too) https://www.instagram.com/p/BkgaRiWAQkj/?hl=en&taken-by=melissaellengilbertbusfield
She has a nice one one of her an Michael too on aniv of death.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 am

She's selling off some of her LH memorabilia as well.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Maybe her dress? I can't see anything of Michael's unless money was really tight. She had dress framed I think.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Melissa Gilbert Moving Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Interesting.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 6:06 am

She never updated on her twitter site, just had the sale info, but who knows? Maybe they decided they wanted to do it a different way or not use them. She is filming with Cloris Leachman and a little girl that seems a lot like her on LHOP. If you scroll down pictures, you'll see a couple of young girls and one resembles a young Laura. Melissa jokes she faked her violin playing like her "Pa" did back then.

https://twitter.com/whenwelastspoke?lang=en
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Yea, that's what I heard on the news. We went to Howell, last year. Went downtown. We never saw Melissa Gilbert.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 4:31 am

This is an older article on her move, would have liked to see the cabin pictures.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/melissa-gilbert-moving-little-house-prairie-style-digs-nyc-193957814.html

This article mentions the 3 story cabin (no little house) but no pictures.
"I just moved to Brighton, Michigan," said Gilbert, who'd previously lived with Busfield near downtown Howell. " ... We've got a 3 story log house on 25 acres in the woods. ... I went back to the big woods."

Gilbert also talked about the advantages, food-wise, of living in such an area.

"Where I live, the neighbors who raise chickens - I get fresh chicken that has just been (slaughtered)," she said. "I live in farm country. I get eggs, I get milk, I get butter. I have a friend who raises beef cattle, and once a year, they call and say, 'What do you want?'"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert Moving   Melissa Gilbert Moving Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Gilbert Moving
Page 1 of 1