Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Social distancing?

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Rob
MikeInFla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 7:09 am

So with the world at a stand still how is everything in your particular location? In my part of Florida beaches are closed. Restaurants are take out only, school are closed until mid April and most stores close at 6 or 7 PM.

Grocery stores and Walmart here pretty normal except the paper products are empty. I make an occasional trip when we need something and so far plenty of milk, eggs, canned good and meat.

I am also still working and hopefully will continue to do so even if the state shuts down but they are trying not to do that. At work we keep our distance from each other for the most part and at this time vendors and visitors are prohibited from entering the premises.

Anyway, hope everyone is safe!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Social distancing? Goodsi10

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:56 pm

It's much the same in my little corner of northern Michigan. Restaurants serving take-out only, schools closed (theoretically also 'til mid-April, but we'll see). We're a small town with only one major grocery store, and last week it was very hard to find meat and eggs. But people seem to have calmed down a bit, and have reverted to normal shopping, because the store was pretty well-stocked this morning.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Social distancing? Bokmal10

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Massachusetts is similar: schools closed through end of April, online learning going on now, all non-essential businesses closed, our real estate offices are closed but we can still show houses and there are still closings, and only take out at restaurants.

I am sure my girls will be home until fall because one gets out mid-May and the other at the end of May, so they won't bring back the students for that.

I paid $6 for eggs last week, couldn't find any butter, and the shelves in each aisle are emptier than usual. No toilet paper, but you could buy up to 2 rolls of paper towels.

Gas prices a bit lower than they had been before this whole thing started.

Even though we can still show houses, many agents aren't holding open houses. Those who do must follow the right protocols. Local restaurants and other businesses are struggling. No doubt this will have an impact on our economy, but we will pull through just like we always do.

Praying you all stay safe and healthy.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Social distancing? Purple2

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:15 pm

I'm in Missouri and was doing self-quarantine for the safety of myself and others. The counties are starting to jump on the bandwagon of "Shelter in Place"...Mine jumped on this past Thursday early...12:01 AM to be exact...Schools are out, non-essential businesses closed, restaurants only doing drive-through or delivery, libraries closed, churches all around are doing live-streaming, internet slower than molasses because all the kids are online doing their schoolwork and parents working from home keep it running even slower...Grocery stores have bare shelves and finding what you need is difficult. I went Sunday afternoon and there were no eggs, bread, meat dept stripped clean, no TP, paper towels, disinfectants, etc..it's just so surreal!

I did manage to go on a bicycle ride today since that is something we can do...GO OUT and exercise...as long as you follow the CDC rules about being in contact with people...
bikeride

Social distancing? Rhonda10Social distancing? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Rhonda wrote:

I did manage to go on a bicycle ride today since that is something we can do...GO OUT and exercise...as long as you follow the CDC rules about being in contact with people...
bikeride

I worked in the garden today because the next three days it is going to rain.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Social distancing? Purple2

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 10:02 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

bikeride

I worked in the garden today because the next three days it is going to rain.

Shortly after arriving at home, a HUGE storm blew through the area...I mean...I *just* missed getting soaked!!! Yikes

Social distancing? Rhonda10Social distancing? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:07 am

We have done a lot of yard work too but it is already getting hot. Was 91 and humid yesterday. Since church has been cancelled we just worked in the yard.

As for eggs, last time I went the only ones I could find were brown "cage free" eggs but that is usually what we buy anyway. Bread - only bread they had was white Wonder Bread. I haven't had Wonder Bread since I was a kid so it was a nice treat.

Managed to find some toilet paper on Walmart.com and ordered a package (not because I am hording but because we needed it). Within 10 minutes of placing my order they were sold out.

My oldest daughter is worried about school. She is a senior and hopes they do not extend the school year. She is doing classwork online and getting assignments on her e-mail from teachers. But here's the problem - if they extend the school year into June she doesn't know what to do because she was accepted to Florida State University and starts classes there in June! She said "How can I be in high school and college at the same time?". I told her they would prob let seniors graduate and in her situation they would probably let her attend FSU. Speaking of them, they have moved all classes to online. She has orientation there at the end of May and they have already contacted her and told her orientation will be online instead of on campus.

This is really a strange time we live in. I never thought I would say I was ready for 2020 to be over!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 pm

This is definitely a year that will try all of our patience.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:46 am

Schools here now closed until April 30. We have a park/walking trail behind our house. It used to be pretty crowded there but Hurricane Michael wiped the place out so now it is just a huge field. The walking trail is still there but rarely used by anyone. So my daughters would go walk there everyday. Yesterday they noticed a barrier there that said the walking trail is closed.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Social distancing? Cloud910

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm

This is what its like in my area these days...

Gas prices at a record low 67.0 per litre in Ontario
School cancelled since March 23 until May 1st...but I’d be surprised if school went back before September
Self-distancing measures on the rise.
Tape on the floors at grocery stores and other stores to help distance shoppers 2m (6ft) from each other.
Limited number of people inside stores, therefore lineups outside the store doors.
Non-essential stores and businesses mandated closed.
Parks, trails, entire cities locked up.
Entire sports seasons cancelled.
Concerts, tours, festivals, entertainment events - cancelled.
Weddings, proms, graduations, family celebrations, holiday gatherings - cancelled.
No masses, churches are closed, services available online.
No gatherings of 50 or more, then 20 or more, now 5 or more.
Don't socialize with anyone outside of your home.
People over 70 are strongly advised to stay home, have what they need delivered to their porch.
Children's outdoor play parks are closed.
We are to distance from each other.
In Canada:
Shortage of masks, gowns, gloves for our front-line workers.
Shortage of ventilators for the critically ill.
Panic buying sets in and we have no toilet paper, no disinfecting supplies, no paper towel no laundry soap, no hand sanitizer.
Shelves are bare.
Manufacturers, distilleries and other businesses switch their lines to help make visors, masks, hand sanitizer and PPE.
Government closes the border to all non-essential travel, calls Canadians home and makes it mandatory to self isolate for 14 days.
Fines have to be established for breaking the rules, because some people still don’t grasp the magnitude of this virus.
Stadiums and recreation facilities open up for the overflow of Covid-19 patients.
Press conferences daily from Prime Minister Trudeau.
In Ontario Premier Ford and Chief Medical Officer Dr David Williams give daily updates on Ontario’s new cases, deaths & recoveries of Covid 19
Government incentives to stay home.
Barely anyone in the street or on the roads.
People wearing masks and gloves outside.
Essential service workers are terrified to go to work.
Medical field workers are afraid to go home to their families.
1,000,000 applications for Employment Insurance as people go without.
This is the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, declared March 11th, 2020.

Social distancing? MarilynKeeper Social distancing? Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 am

That's pretty much the way it is here although I do see a lot of cars still on the road (I am still working because my business is considered essential). They finally closed the park/walking trail behind our house but my oldest daughter still walks it every day. The grocery store wasn't limiting the people inside but Walmart was. I managed to buy one package of toilet paper but there are no other paper products to cleaning supplies. Frozen food are sparse and the meat selection wasn't that good but I did find some chicken to put on the smoker yesterday.

Unemployment website for Florida is overwhelmed and no one can log in. A disclaimer tells you to call the hotline and when you call the hotline you get a recording telling you they are overwhelmed and to log onto the website so neither of those work (as stated, I am still working so this isn't impacting me but it is a lot of out of work people).
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:26 am

In CT, it's getting better, I was furloughed but probably back in mid May. (with masks) Grocery stores still variable with items, sometimes bare, sometimes good. I have done delivery 3 times with good luck. I've been reading more, watching TV (some LHOP/Law and Order marathons on) catching up on cleaning and getting rid of excess clothes and items. (well storing them until I can give to charity)

Finally got unemployment but I know some are still waiting. Starting to see more cars and people out but better in some parts of state with compliance than others. Watched a LH show about the plague and glad we have better medicines, etc. but have seen way too many die from this young and older.

I hope everyone is well.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Social distancing? Headac10

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm

In Canada n my area. It seems the numbers are up again after kids went back to school. I honestly don't feel they are being honest all the time. They were going to close down a school. Then they find out the test came back negative, It's really hard to know what to believe. Now they want to go back to stage 2 kind of. The whole thing is strange i don't understand it. They say no huge group of people in home or outside... Like no more then ten. But yet other places are allowed to be open.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Social distancing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social distancing?   Social distancing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Social distancing?
Page 1 of 1