Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RD Call 1950-2020

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : RD Call 1950-2020 Bokmal10

RD Call 1950-2020 Empty
PostSubject: RD Call 1950-2020   RD Call 1950-2020 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 9:55 am

R.D. Call, an actor who appeared in seven Sean Penn films, a trio by director Walter Hill and such TV series as Walker, Texas Ranger and EZ Streets, died Feb. 27 of complications from back surgery in Layton, Utah. He was 70.He played on of the nasty outlaws that tried to kill Jason Bateman in "He Was Only Twelve"on "Little House on the Prairie".

His death was announced by his family.

A student in the 1970s of Lee Strasberg’s acting school, Roy Dana Call made his TV debut in 1979 on CBS’ Barnaby Jones. Appearances on Little House on the Prairie, V, and Trapper John M.D. followed.

His long career as a character actor in films began in 1982 with Hill’s 48 Hrs. Call would work again with the director on 1985’s Brewster’s Millions and 1996’s Last Man Standing.

An even more prolific collaboration began with fellow actor Penn on 1986’s At Close Range, followed by Colors (1988), State of Grace (1990), The Weight of Water (2000), I Am Sam (2001) and Babel (2006). Call also appeared in 2007’s Into the Wild, directed by Penn.

Other credits include Born on the Fourth of July, Waterworld, Murder by Numbers, the 1991 TV-miniseries Golden Years, The X-Files and Burn Notice, among many others.

According to his family, Call was particularly proud of one accomplishment that didn’t involve acting: “R.D. fought an addiction with alcohol for many years. At one point he was at what he called ‘rock bottom’ and was heading either to possible suicide or recovery. Thanks to God he chose recovery and went into hospital rehab for many months. Coming out sober, R.D. joined Alcoholics Anonymous and celebrated his 26th year of sobriety this year. Last year he received his 27th year chip in Los Angeles.”

Call is survived by his brother Rick; sisters Quay and Cindy; his uncle Lane and aunt Evelyn.

RD Call 1950-2020 Rd_cal11

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down

RD Call 1950-2020
Page 1 of 1