Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nostalgia, anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Nostalgia, anyone? Goodsi10

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 8:53 am

Thumbsup

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Nostalgia, anyone? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Nostalgia, anyone? Happy010

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 9:02 am

Well, that was interesting to watch! Thanks for sharing it, Rob!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am

Sure! A YouTube commenter said they wished they'd bought stock in hairspray around 1981. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Nostalgia, anyone? Purple2

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 11:05 am

Rob wrote:
Sure!  A YouTube commenter said they wished they'd bought stock in hairspray around 1981. HeeHee

Oh, the memories!!! It threw me right back to high school with that '70's part! Graduate

I would have to disagree with the commenter though...the mid-late '60's would've been the best time for hairspray stock! All those beehive hairdos and the flip!!! See if you can find something from that era!!! Oh, and PEACE OUT!!!
Whistle

Nostalgia, anyone? Rhonda10Nostalgia, anyone? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm

I'm told by my elders that the mid-'60s saw the invention of long, straight hair. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 12:30 pm

scratchead Hmmm...I speak from having an older brother whose friends wore it HIGH!!! The long straight hair did come in at the tail end of the 60's but most remembered in the 70's...  grinsmiley 1960 Hair Styles

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm

Laughing The Beatles murdered the Brylcreem industry!

For girls, I always remember the "That Girl' flip. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Laughing  The Beatles murdered the Brylcreem industry!

For girls, I always remember the "That Girl' flip. HeeHee

YES! Shaggy hair never needed to be tamed!  grinsmiley

I think the 'That Girl' flip was worn by Mary Tylor Moore in The Dick Van Dyke Show before Marlow Thomas wore it! But yes, that flip with the teased bouffant on top would require a can of hairspray!!! laugh3

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 7:51 pm

HeeHee And next thing you knew, girls were ironing their hair. I still have a clear mental mage of my sister with her head across the ironing board. greenS
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 9:43 pm

That would be for those with that naturally curly hair...I had hair that was straight as a board and didn't need an iron...I do recall some of my friends that singed their hair with the iron and the smell was still there the next day... Yikes

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 pm

I got curious and looked it up, and it's the keratin in hair that makes it smell so bad when it burns.  It also shows some of the related questions, and one of them was, "Is human hair fire resistant?"  Sure, why not?  Knock yourself out. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 7:08 am

HeeHee I had super-straight hair as a child, but when I hit my teen years, my hair went wavy and fluffy. By then, though, big hair was in. NOW, of course, it's once again theeee thing for women to straighten their hair. I haven't ever given it a shot. When my hair is longer it would take forever to straighten, and even with it shorter, I just don't care to invest the time into straightening my hair. I don't mind the waves, and I'd prefer to spend the time other ways. Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Savannah wrote:
HeeHee I had super-straight hair as a child, but when I hit my teen years, my hair went wavy and fluffy. By then, though, big hair was in. NOW, of course, it's once again theeee thing for women to straighten their hair. I haven't ever given it a shot. When my hair is longer it would take forever to straighten, and even with it shorter, I just don't care to invest the time into straightening my hair. I don't mind the waves, and I'd prefer to spend the time other ways. Wink

The ONLY time my hair had a natural curl to it was when it came back in after losing it through chemotherapy...I went from down my back long, to bald, to kinky...AND...a different color! After it grew out more, it got heavier and the curl went away, leaving me with straight hair, yet again! My original color came back in as well...I use a curling iron if I want fullness or curls, now... batEyes

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm

That's interesting, Rhonda! One of my friends years ago had cancer, and when her hair grew back after chemo, it was completely different! She had brown hair beforehand, and it was quite thin. After it grew back it was light blonde and SUPER thick. scratchead She joked that it was the only good thing to come out of the situation. Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Savannah wrote:
That's interesting, Rhonda! One of my friends years ago had cancer, and when her hair grew back after chemo, it was completely different! She had brown hair beforehand, and it was quite thin. After it grew back it was light blonde and SUPER thick. scratchead  She joked that it was the only good thing to come out of the situation. Wink

Yes! Chemo does weird things to your whole body, but the HAIR!!! I had a friend that was going through cancer and chemo the same time I did the first time, and she had really tight, kinky hair, almost like a brillo pad...She did NOT lose her hair but when her treatments were over, her hair was wavy with soft curls...it wasn't stiff and crunchy like before...she was SO HAPPY with her new do!!! HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nostalgia, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, anyone?   Nostalgia, anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia, anyone?
Page 1 of 1