Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Energy saving light bulbs

Go down 
+5
flatbroke
Carol
JW
Lily
RoseRed
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Energy saving light bulbs Empty
PostSubject: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:37 pm

We bought enough of them for the whole house. They say it reduces your energy bill quite abit. I bought them at Wal Mart, 3 for around $8. I'm hoping in the long run they will pay off. Plus they last for several years without replacing them. Does anyone use them? Have you noticed a differance in your light bill?
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:57 pm

They do make a small difference overall.

If you use them combined with other little methods of saving energy, it adds up nicely.

I use them everywhere. I also hate changing lightbulbs, so it is nice not to have to change them often lol

You remain responsible.. Forever...
For what you have tamed.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Energy saving light bulbs LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm

I use energy saving light bulbs for my house too. It makes the house brighter, don't have that dim look from regular lightbulbs.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 2:31 pm

We Use to have them but it said they should last 7 Years they only like a little over one

Energy saving light bulbs Jacobk10Energy saving light bulbs Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 3:07 pm

I use them too. Wave

Energy saving light bulbs Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Me should try them out!
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Party010

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 2:35 pm

Susie wrote:
We bought enough of them for the whole house. They say it reduces your energy bill quite abit. I bought them at Wal Mart, 3 for around $8. I'm hoping in the long run they will pay off. Plus they last for several years without replacing them. Does anyone use them? Have you noticed a differance in your light bill?
Worth every penny Susie. I have my entire house in those little squiggly-looking things. I used to work at a motel that redid the entire complex in them, and he saved over $400 a month. Myself, I have 75-watt's worth of light per bulb, and I'm only burning 13 watts per bulb. Given the amount of lights turned on around here (especially when the kids are here), it's a big difference.

I always have to have at least 75 watts. I hate dim lighting. With an average of 10 or 11 bulbs burning at any given time when the kids are here, that's 750-825 watts being used with old lights, compared to 130-143 now. In other words, I'm lighting the entire house for what I'd normally pay to light less than 2 bulbs. AND, the ones I have last for 5 years (and I've seen 'em in action. They really do last.)

You can get cheaper ones if you look around. I've seen them for around $1.25 a bulb in some places, bought in packs of 6.

As to your electric bill, if you get your whole house done in them, you'll see a noticeable difference. You'll have paid for them in no time. I didn't live where I'm at this time last year, but the electric company told me I'm using around 35-40% less energy than the previous person did (of course, I've made a change in the A/C too, but it still runs, so a lot of it is the lights.)
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 3:30 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Susie wrote:
Worth every penny Susie. I have my entire house in those little squiggly-looking things. I used to work at a motel that redid the entire complex in them, and he saved over $400 a month. Myself, I have 75-watt's worth of light per bulb, and I'm only burning 13 watts per bulb. Given the amount of lights turned on around here (especially when the kids are here), it's a big difference.

I always have to have at least 75 watts. I hate dim lighting. With an average of 10 or 11 bulbs burning at any given time when the kids are here, that's 750-825 watts being used with old lights, compared to 130-143 now. In other words, I'm lighting the entire house for what I'd normally pay to light less than 2 bulbs. AND, the ones I have last for 5 years (and I've seen 'em in action. They really do last.)

You can get cheaper ones if you look around. I've seen them for around $1.25 a bulb in some places, bought in packs of 6.

As to your electric bill, if you get your whole house done in them, you'll see a noticeable difference. You'll have paid for them in no time. I didn't live where I'm at this time last year, but the electric company told me I'm using around 35-40% less energy than the previous person did (of course, I've made a change in the A/C too, but it still runs, so a lot of it is the lights.)

Thumbsup COOL, I have been looking at them, but haven't dived in yet and bought them. I guess I need to get more serious..... :think:

Energy saving light bulbs Rhonda10Energy saving light bulbs Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 5:36 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I guess I need to get more serious..... :think:

Yes. If there's one thing on this board we value, it's being serious. :sillySmiley:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Rob wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
I guess I need to get more serious..... :think:

Yes. If there's one thing on this board we value, it's being serious. :sillySmiley:

Said the clown!!! :Hahaha:

Energy saving light bulbs Rhonda10Energy saving light bulbs Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 8:22 pm

Yeah! We use them all over my house. They're pretty good and bright too!

Energy saving light bulbs MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 2:53 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Susie wrote:

WOW:happy1: I can't wait till the next light bill........Did I just say that:ohmy: I hope I see a differance. My boys leave the lights on all the time.mad
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Energy saving light bulbs Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 7:39 pm

Wow, I need one for my bedroom, my light constantly is burning out!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Energy saving light bulbs   Energy saving light bulbs Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy saving light bulbs
Page 1 of 1