Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Face book!

Go down 
+9
flatbroke
Julia
pamh36
alexczarn
Gin
Savannah
Krissy
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Headac10

book - Face book! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:14 pm

who knows

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:14 pm

flatbroke wrote:
^^^*clicks like* Smile
Thank you.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

book - Face book! - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

flatbroke wrote:
I rarely give out my number, but if it's someone I've known for some time I will. It's only came up a couple times, but it was old friends, so I feel I know them well enough to be safe.

Haha, well I have known this boy for 15 of my 16 years so I figured it was safe. Wink

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:16 pm

flatbroke wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
Which reminds me; why do people post their phone numbers on Facebook anyway??

In the open? I have no idea. I've seen lots of teens do it, but I can't figure out why. I know I'm a decent guy, but some who see it won't be. Then you're reading about them in the newspaper. I'm about as big as you get and even I won't do it. Too many strange ones out there, or worse.

Mine used to be up there and I didn't even know it. I fixed that. The only think my phone and facebook has in common is that I get notifications thru text messages, I can respond to people on my phone, and I can set statuses as well as post photos. Might as well not even use the computer. LOL!

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I can still see it...

book - Face book! - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Yeah Julia, my daughter does the same. But all the people on her list are old friends. It's not listed on her page anywhere.
I'm still not sure I like it, but you(as a parent) have to find a middle ground. Ours is her friends can know her number, but nobody else, and she doesn't go to meet anyone she hasn't already met (and me).
Some may disagree, but it keeps the trust between us. I know she won't go meet a stranger, no matter how long she's known them online.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 pm

its not safe idea to put it on FB.if you wanna give your number to a person you know or knew in person.Send in a PM>is better

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:42 pm

I agree with ya.That's wise.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:05 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
yeah..I usually do the same..Then i get a friend who asks me "Hey add my friend,she/he new to FAceBook." I add them.Then they don't talk.I feel rude saying NO!

Shoot, I don't care. If I don't know you, tough, I am not adding you.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

good.for now on i'll say no

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:04 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
its not safe idea to put it on FB.if you wanna give your number to a person you know or knew in person.Send in a PM>is better
That's what I meant.

No matter. This is a teen thread. I need to skeedaddle. lol
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 pm

i did not have FB has a teen never had to worry about this stuff.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:27 pm

It's a good thing people don't delete me as friend because I never talk to them otherwise I'd only have maybe two friends at best. book - Face book! - Page 2 85958

I used to use facebook quite a bit, but the novelty wore off and now I think it's pretty dumb. I post here and there and rarely update my status. If I upload any images of people I delete them in a few weeks.
Even though I have security set on the highest settings I still feel very unsafe on facebook.

I do like facebook to keep track of friends that I rarely see... but to me using facebook to keep in touch with friends that one sees regularly just seems pointless. I'd rather see a person and have an in-person conversation than chat with them via facebook.

book - Face book! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:37 pm

i can understand that

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - Face book! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
It's a good thing people don't delete me as friend because I never talk to them otherwise I'd only have maybe two friends at best. book - Face book! - Page 2 85958 .

book - Face book! - Page 2 135245 I never delete anyone for simply not posting on my Facebook page, either. I'm sometimes rather quiet in posting on other people's pages, so I totally understand it.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
It's a good thing people don't delete me as friend because I never talk to them otherwise I'd only have maybe two friends at best. book - Face book! - Page 2 85958

I used to use facebook quite a bit, but the novelty wore off and now I think it's pretty dumb. I post here and there and rarely update my status. If I upload any images of people I delete them in a few weeks.
Even though I have security set on the highest settings I still feel very unsafe on facebook.

I do like facebook to keep track of friends that I rarely see... but to me using facebook to keep in touch with friends that one sees regularly just seems pointless. I'd rather see a person and have an in-person conversation than chat with them via facebook.

This is ME!!! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

book - Face book! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Face books "Time-Line"?   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Have you got it yet? What do you think about it? I HAVE not got it yet.I have friends who have.It seems a little messy to me.Not sure if i shall like it.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Don't have it...I think it looks too busy. I like it simple where you look at the profile picture first. I think they could make the profile picture a bit bigger...but thats just me.

book - Face book! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Gin wrote:
Don't have it...I think it looks too busy. I like it simple where you look at the profile picture first. I think they could make the profile picture a bit bigger...but thats just me.

I agree,I'm sorry now for always complaing about theire "changes". This is the worest FB change.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - Face book! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm the odd one out - I actually like it a lot. I like having a banner picture across the top, and have had a lot of fun looking at what my friends have chosen for their banner pics. I opted in early so I could get used to it. I'd read a couple of articles that said to get rid of any "embarrassing pictures or posts" because they'd be more easy for people to access with Timeline, but I'm careful about what I post, so I don't have to worry about that. And I sorted through my pictures back in July and deleted a bunch. They weren't anything bad or embarrassing, just unnecessary. At any rate, I really like Timeline. I think it has a more creative look than the plain look it had before.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Savannah wrote:
I'm the odd one out - I actually like it a lot. I like having a banner picture across the top, and have had a lot of fun looking at what my friends have chosen for their banner pics. I opted in early so I could get used to it. I'd read a couple of articles that said to get rid of any "embarrassing pictures or posts" because they'd be more easy for people to access with Timeline, but I'm careful about what I post, so I don't have to worry about that. And I sorted through my pictures back in July and deleted a bunch. They weren't anything bad or embarrassing, just unnecessary. At any rate, I really like Timeline. I think it has a more creative look than the plain look it had before.

That's a good idea.I've deleted some posts i didn't like.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : book - Face book! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 am

I'm having a hard time getting used to seeing it on friends' pages. But like everything, it will just take time to adjust to. I'll probably end up waiting to switch over until they force me to though. greenS Like you, Savannah, I need to go through and delete a bunch of pics, not that I have anything I'm not happy with really, but just unnecessary, like you said. I guess I'm worried about the privacy of Timeline? I've seen some posts on FB that make me nervous about it. Should I be?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:41 am

I guess you have to change the settings again

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 am

I don't care for it, mainly because a stalker would find it quite useful. Strict privacy controls would take care of that problem, but I've found that very few people use the privacy controls to their full value.

book - Face book! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:34 am

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I don't care for it, mainly because a stalker would find it quite useful. Strict privacy controls would take care of that problem, but I've found that very few people use the privacy controls to their full value.

That's freaky!!!. Then you gotta watch what pics you post.The type of sayings you have!!

I like my page "privated"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Face book!   book - Face book! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Face book!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next