Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup Happy010

Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup Empty
PostSubject: Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup   Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 9:43 pm

Laughing I had lost this recipe, and finally found it again! So I'm posting it HERE so I'll know where to find it if I misplace it again:

Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients

1 stick Butter, Divided
2 whole Onions, Finely Diced
2 whole Carrots Finely Diced
1 stalk Celery, Finely Diced
1 whole (to 2 Whole) Cauliflower Heads (roughly Chopped)
2 Tablespoons Fresh Or Dried Parsley (chopped)
2 quarts Chicken Broth Or Stock
6 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
2 cups Whole Milk
1 cup Half-and-half
1 Teaspoons Salt, To Taste
1 cup (heaping) Sour Cream, Room Temperature

Preparation Instructions

In a large soup pot or dutch oven, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, or until it starts to turn brown.

Add the carrots and celery and cook an additional couple of minutes. Add cauliflower and parsley and stir to combine.

Cover and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour in chicken stock or broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.

In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Mix the flour with the milk and whisk to combine. Add flour-milk mixture slowly to the butter, whisking constantly.

Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup half-and-half. Add mixture to the simmering soup. Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Check seasoning and add more salt or pepper if necessary.

Just before serving, place the sour cream in a serving bowl or soup tureen. (*Note: I just added it to the soup at the last minute.) Add two to three ladles of hot soup into the tureen and stir to combine with the sour cream. Pour in remaining soup and stir.

Serve immediately.

Second note: I always add a little kielbasa to this soup. SO tasty!

Rhonda and Rob like this post

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup   Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 11:04 pm

Sounds yummy!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup   Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 7:25 pm

this soup sounds very good! eat I am always looking for new recipes to try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup   Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost & Found Cauliflower Soup
Page 1 of 1