Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Songs you like!

Go down 
+27
Alice Garvey
Kristina
Davetucson
julmer70
MissOleson
Kamberley
Krissy
poo_cat
Pepsi
Honeybee
georgiagirl1993
Savannah
Rhonda
flatbroke
GrandDuchessOlga
emilyanneoftheprairie
Amy
LM
Kathleen Marie
carolineingalls
Debbie
Rob
JW
Misti
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
Carol
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Headac10

Songs you like! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:12 am

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:45 pm

In my opinion, one of the most enjoyable songs EVER recorded.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:02 pm

From that same era, The Cowsills.  They were a family band - brothers, sister, mom - who were the real-life inspiration for the show The Partridge Family.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:38 pm

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Goodpost

Rob, how about their version of "Hair"?

grinsmiley

I will admit that I have always really liked "The Rain, The Park and Other Things", though.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:16 am

It's funny.  "Hair" was the first song of theirs that I remember, so for many years I thought the Cowsills were a hippie band.  When I read that they were the model for the Partridge Family, I thought, "Huh??"   HeeHee

This is much more Partridgey.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:20 pm

One of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs...

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Yes, that one is much more Partidgey than "Hair".  Smile

Good Simon & Garfunkel song!   This has always been my favorite of theirs.  I love this one. I love the beat.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 am

Good one!

Here's a song from 1982 that people either loved or hated.  Either way, it shook things up.  "I've Never Been to Me," by Charlene.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:52 pm

thud WOW Rob, thanks for that memory!! Holy cow, I haven't heard that since I was a kid! And I sat here and sang almost every single word all the way through. It all came RIGHT back to me! Guess this is one I listened to over and over back in the day! I even remembered the cheesy spoken part.HeeHee I like her voice---nothing really ever came of her, did it?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:03 am

Charlene's Wiki entry says that she recorded this song in 1976, and it barely cracked the Top 100.  Her record company dropped her and she quit music and moved to England.  Then in '82, a Miami deejay started playing it, and it got so much listener attention that the company re-released it.  It went to #3 in the US and #1 in the UK.  Timing is everything!

She's still recording.  But yeah... pretty much a one-hit wonder.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 am

Another '70s one-hit wonder!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:43 pm

I love this song. Maybe because I've spent my life in a northern town.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Rob wrote:
Charlene's Wiki entry says that she recorded this song in 1976, and it barely cracked the Top 100.  Her record company dropped her and she quit music and moved to England.  Then in '82, a Miami deejay started playing it, and it got so much listener attention that the company re-released it.  It went to #3 in the US and #1 in the UK.  Timing is everything!

She's still recording.  But yeah... pretty much a one-hit wonder.  Smile

Interesting!  Wow, can't quite imagine how she felt 8 years after giving up music and then hearing her song suddenly becoming a smash hit!  Yep, 1982...I would have been about 12 and that sounds about right.  And I'm sure I had NO idea what half those lyrics meant, either. Whistle

I've never heard the other song....

But Life in a Northern Town----that brings back good memories too.  We sang that in my Madrigal group my junior of highschool...it was a select singing group of 10 girls and 10 guys, and at the end of the year we put on a show of pop music and choreography and this was one of the songs. Good times! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:42 pm

I love to hear some great Jim Croce music.  This is my favorite of his.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Very nice Croce song.  Thumbsup

Amy wrote:
Yep, 1982...I would have been about 12 and that sounds about right.  And I'm sure I had NO idea what half those lyrics meant, either. Whistle

greenS  I remember reading about a deejay who said that a lot of women called in to request that song.  Many of them didn't know the title, but they remembered key phrases:  "Would you play that song that talks about whoring and being undressed by kings?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Simply one of the best Beatles songs.  It is in my top 10 favorites of theirs.  I am always so disappointed that it is so short.  But that Paul McCartney...... Love

Here's my favorite of Barbra's (been in the mood for it lately):

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:04 am

Brings back memories.  One of my high school friends was a big Streisand fan, and she was always singing Stoney End.

Here's a song that screams "Mid-'80s!" Katrina looks so happy and the Waves look so depressed. HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 am

One of those "Awwww!" songs from the early '70s. Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Clair."

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Rob wrote:
One of those "Awwww!" songs from the early '70s.  Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Clair."
I haven't heard this in YEARS.  I almost forgot it.  It is a good one.

Rob wrote:
Here's a song that screams "Mid-'80s!"  Katrina looks so happy and the Waves look so depressed.  HeeHee
I always like how they look at her kind of like they resent the fact that she is so happy.  Smile   But she wins them over in the end.  grinsmiley

You want to see something that REALLY screams "mid-80s"?  Look at this:

Big hair, big smiles, shoulder pads, bright colors (although this video off of youtube seems to have given it a bit of dullness for some reason), a bunch of people in choreographed dance segments and men wearing cropped shirts and pants (although they kind of look like leggings, I guess  HeeHee ). Plus, it is an upbeat song. Very mid-80s. Smile
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Songs you like! - Page 20 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Wow! You guys are playing good ones! That Charlene song really brought me back! And The Dream Academy...wow! My favorite part of the song is the 'Beatles' reference.

I remember even at age 12 thinking that Charlene song was pretty intense!

Here's another one from way back when...I loved this one...I was 11 at the time this was released and it's one of the MANY songs I lip-synched in front of a mirror to (yes, hair brush for a microphone!).

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Who remembers this one?!? 1982...I sang to the mirror (aka fake audience) too many times...

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Here's another one I used to sing to the mirror with. I used to love Laura Branigan. What a voice! I miss her...she was too young...sigh...R.I.P.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Last one for tonight.  This is especially dedicated to all the ladies here who were growing up in the 70's/80's like I was.  Shaun Cassidy is featured the most in here (and is the one singing), but these magazines should bring back great memories!  I'm crushing on  Shaun again btw...he is now executive producer for a new show called "Hysteria!" Enjoy!  (and sorry a lot of this is blurry).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like!   Songs you like! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Songs you like!
Page 20 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next