Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From Trainee to Airman

Go down 
+9
Savannah
Rob
Lori
flatbroke
Carol
LIWnut
emilyanneoftheprairie
JW
Rhonda
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Happy010

From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 8:25 pm

He looks great, Rhonda! He looks a lot like you, actually.

I'm so glad that you got to see him, and that you'll be able to talk to him on the computer and webcam now.

And Jacob? Behave! I think that cold medicine is doing something to your head! If you don't watch it, you'll be standing in the corner. OhMy
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 pm

Yeah I notice that too He Looks Like Rhonda

From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Jacobk10From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Awww Rhonda, Jacob looks so handsome!! What a great picture of him. Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 10:40 pm

Congrats., Rhonda! You must be very proud and he is so handsome! What a great picture!!!

From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 HummerFrom Trainee to Airman - Page 2 MistiKeeperFrom Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Bookclub5From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Wow, good for him! He looks just like you Rhonda!!!grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Thanks everyone!!!! Thumbsup

Jacob is now in Mississippi and this weekend he will be building a house for Habitat for Humanity. He says the Mississippi area is still very torn up from Katrina. He is about a mile from the beach, so I would imagine it must look awful......No

From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Rhonda10From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 9:21 pm

That's great news that he's still in the States. One of my co-workers' son graduated last year was sent to the Guam.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 9:37 am

Lily wrote:
That's great news that he's still in the States. One of my co-workers' son graduated last year was sent to the Guam.

Well, he is doing his technical school for the next 4 months. Supposedly in 2009, his group is to go to Bagdad to rebuild roads, airports, bridges and such. I am NOT crazy about that assignment. He is actually in the Guard, which is inactive duty, and yet the ones who are active are sent after the inactive duty guys. No I know there are active guys being sent over daily, but here in our area, the inactive duty guys are the ones leaving out first and coming home last............not sure what the deal is with that, but I guess that is the military for you. Huh?

From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Rhonda10From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 10:32 am

Rhonda wrote:
Lily wrote:

Well, he is doing his technical school for the next 4 months. Supposedly in 2009, his group is to go to Bagdad to rebuild roads, airports, bridges and such. I am NOT crazy about that assignment. He is actually in the Guard, which is inactive duty, and yet the ones who are active are sent after the inactive duty guys. No I know there are active guys being sent over daily, but here in our area, the inactive duty guys are the ones leaving out first and coming home last............not sure what the deal is with that, but I guess that is the military for you. Huh?

Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 11:53 am

{{{Rhonda}}}

It's the same in my area, Rhonda. The reserves are being sent out before the active duty troops. I'm not sure why that is, unless it's easier for the daily operations here in the states. How long is your son signed up for?

It's been a while since any of my family was in the military, but I sure remember how it felt. You and your sons have my prayers - on more than one level, too!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 am

I think he is signed up for 6 years. Before he actually left for Basic Military Training (BMT) he mentioned something about when he got out, he wanted to join the Marines. But after everything he went thru during BMT, I seem to doubt he will join up with them.........although he could probably make a pretty good Marine...grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 7:19 pm

My sister was a Marine. grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 5:24 pm

your son is very good looking
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Congratulations, Rhonda! I know you must be extremely proud of him. He looks very handsome in his uniform.

I hope Christmas gets here quickly for you. I'm glad that at least you can keep in touch pretty regularly, via the computer.

From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks all, we now have our webcam hooked up and he can see me and I can see him. grinsmiley It is funny tho because it is like watching a slow motion film......But we enjoy it..........his computer server is real S-L-O-W and he gets frustrated with it.............No

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 6:34 pm

That's wonderful Rhonda!! :woohooo:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 6:50 pm

Thats great!:idance: Trust me...I know all about slow computers.....From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Lousyputer.....From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Angry_table_puter......From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Words_cut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Trainee to Airman   From Trainee to Airman - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

From Trainee to Airman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: