Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?

Go down 
+4
GrandDuchessOlga
Amy
bethandmanly
Vanesa
8 posters
AuthorMessage

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Empty
PostSubject: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 6:04 pm

I know there's been talk for several years now of a LHOP reunion show. I'm curious as to what everyone would want to see if it actually came into being. I'll start us off with my thoughts:

I'm a LHOP viewer from when the show first aired. I would find it difficult to see the stars come back and portray their characters later on in life so to speak, especially with so many of the main characters gone. Also, Mrs. Garvey couldn't participate because her character was killed off during the show and then there's Albert - did he die or not? I know the stars could pull it off and make it work, but you know how bringing something back from the past doesn't always work the next time around.

I would like to see a reunion show done, but with the stars as themselves reflecting back on the times they shared during LHOP. It would be fun to hear stories of behind the scenes activities and I know there has to be pictures and video of the cameras and interaction of the stars behind the camera. I would so love to see footage of Michael Landon directiing a scene, or discussing things with the other stars. I would also like to see bloopers or funny outakes similar to what we've seen on the released DVD's. They could devote some time for all the stars who have left us and celebrate their part in making LHOP a television show that is still going strong to this day. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 6:54 pm

I wouldn't want a reunion show...We have lost so many of the main cast..It just wouldn't be the same..Blue
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 11:28 pm

Life is this way...I think a reunion show should be done. And I should like it exactly as Pbeaking proposed it.

And yes...I know we've lost a lot of people from the cast...But did you remember what Julia Sanderson should say:

"...Remember me with laughter....etc"

So...why not? Every time I see Charles laughing, with his infectious laugh, I forget that Michael Landon is dead by now, and I'm able to see Charles Ingalls and himself, alive again. :woohooo:

Long live little House!!!!

Vanesa.

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 8:34 am

I think a cast reunion is a great idea. After all this time has passed, it would be almost impossible to get everyone back into character, but something like they did for Happy Days, Dynasty, Knots Landing, etc would be a nice idea. And they could make it a tribute to Michael Landon, Victor French, Dabbs Greer, Kevin Hagen, and the others who are no longer with us.

I would also like to see Michael Landon's family--especially Leslie involved in it.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 10:03 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I think a cast reunion is a great idea. After all this time has passed, it would be almost impossible to get everyone back into character, but something like they did for Happy Days, Dynasty, Knots Landing, etc would be a nice idea. And they could make it a tribute to Michael Landon, Victor French, Dabbs Greer, Kevin Hagen, and the others who are no longer with us.

I would also like to see Michael Landon's family--especially Leslie involved in it.

Cheryl

This is exactly what I can envision too, Cheryl. Thumbsup I seriously doubt most of the actors would even want to do an actual 'Little House show' again, (as you said, being out of character for so long, but also without several of some key characters/actors now deceased). Actually, I'm not sure I would want to see an actual 'LH movie/show" without some of these most beloved characters. Blue I was hoping they would have televised something for the 2004 '30-year anniversary', but that didn't happen. :unsure: Let's hope for 2114! Wink (I like your idea of a tribute segment during the reunion too, Cheryl...they could show that, and then discuss those actors with the 'panel' of other Little House actors).

Oh, and Vanessa, I like what you said about "Remember me with smiles and laughter"....I think that's the key right there. Michael wrote that, and I'm sure he and the others would want us to remember them in this way.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Don´t we have this discussion somewhere else?

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Audrey
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 5:17 pm

I would love to see a reunion show!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 12:58 am

Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new to this site and didn't see the thread. I love the idea of having Michael's family involved like Leslie or even ML jr. He was on the show, too, wasn't he? (as one of the kids in the school or something like that).
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 am

pbeaking wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new to this site and didn't see the thread. I love the idea of having Michael's family involved like Leslie or even ML jr. He was on the show, too, wasn't he? (as one of the kids in the school or something like that).

Not a big deal. They're pretty flexible here as long as we don't end up with a million and one duplicate threads.

I think it would be so nice if Leslie and Michael Jr. were involved because of their involvement in the entertainment industry and their connection to LHOP. Michael Jr appeared in the episode The Election. But it would also be nice to hear from his other children and Cindy too.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 10:06 am

Susie wrote:
I wouldn't want a reunion show...We have lost so many of the main cast..It just wouldn't be the same..Blue

You are so right with that, Susi, it wouldn't be the same... but on the other side: Melissa Gilbert and Dean Butler are still there, so we had Laura and Manly as main characters to build the storyline around them, like Ma and Pa were the center of the show back then.
And imagine Nelly (now widdowed) and Nancy (still mean) would run the mercantile together...
Albert (who finally survived by some kind of a miracle and studied medicine) would work as the doctor...
Ma would live with Mary and Adam and she would help Mary to run the rebuilt blind school - or she could help Willie to run the restaurant.
And from time to time they all could remember the good old times and Pa, Reverend Alden, Doc Baker, Percival and all the otheres, who meanwhile passed away, could appear in flashbacks...
And then... and then... and then...

Well, I have to admit to be a bit selfish, when I wish there was a reunion show, but I also agree with Cheryl: It would be a homage to Michael Landon and the other cast members, who passed away.

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Ranake10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:22 pm

That would be very nice. I would get pretty chocked up with them showing flashbacks and stuff.Blue

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 11:26 pm

What a wonderful idea! Besides, we may add Rose to the storylines. I think that since she was a writer and was the one who pushed Laura to write her storylife, she should have a great part in the new spin-off TV Show. :woohooo:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 11:53 pm

I think a reunion movie would be interesting, but it would be so different, that I'm going with the majority. I think I would most enjoy seeing a special where the actors would discuss the show and their memories, with different tribute segments for different people. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? ChristinaKeeper2 What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 4:50 am

I know Michael has older children and how Leslie was on the show, but Michael has a daughter, Jennifer and a son, Sean. They are his children by his widow Cindy.

I would like to see what they have to say about LHOTP, and if they watch it at all.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Yes. I'm interested in their opinion about how their father was and how they liked LHOTP. I'm beginning curious about this topic! :unsure:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptySat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 pm

if they can do a dukes of hazzard reunion part 1&2
sorell booke passed for the second movie denver pyle passed
they still done the movie with the remaining casts.. hopefully
michael landon jr does it if not i might PM michael bay
who did transformers

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:19 am

I would really love to hear Sean & Jennifer's thoughts on LH and their dad's legacy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?   What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see for a LHOP reunion show?
Page 1 of 1