Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amish People

Go down 
+10
Prairie Wind
Lori
flatbroke
Amy
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Debbie
Rhonda
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : Amish People - Page 2 Happy010

Amish People - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 4:39 pm

wow! umm i got those pics off of an amish site!

Amish People - Page 2 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Amish People - Page 2 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Amish People - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 5:35 pm

Annika wrote:
In Germany we don't talk too much about the Amish, it's just too far away. But when I lived in kentucky for a year I had a friend whose parents organized the Bluegrass Festival. I helped there doing a gate shift - selling tickets to the cars drivin in. Suddenly a big coach pulled up in front of me and a man looked out with this big beard and his dark cloth, asking me for tickets. I was so suprised! I thought he belonged to a theater group - I'd never seen anyone like him.

Lol, that must have been a cool expierence seeing someone different.Cool

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 5:41 pm

i love the Amish ppl! i'm going to see them next month

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 6:21 pm

emilyanneoftheprairie wrote:
yeah i have seen Saving Sarah Cain! i liked it! i read alot of Beverly Lewis's books and wanda brunstetters to they are all Amish!

I have also read most of Beverly Lewis' Books and some of Wanda Brunstetter.. I love readin the Amish books... along with Christian Romance books..
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Amish People - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:08 am

Carol wrote:
MattLabMyLove wrote:
Some Amish teens go out into the regular world amongst us to see what it is like. A lot of them leave the life because it is to strict for them. But the majority of them stay with the Amish.

Beckie

Yeah I saw a show once where they put several Amish teens in a house w/ several wordly kids.... it sure was interesting to watch.... Anyway, they all went out on the town and the amish teens were just in awe of everything there is in the word and even some of the fruit in the market they had never seen before!

I heard that when you get to a certain age you get to go out to the world and most of them leave, some go back....

I believe the show you've mentioned is "Amish In the City". I saw it a few years ago. The worst thing about it for me...the thing I absolutely hated, was when the Amish teen boy nearly drowned in the ocean and the city kids thought it was hilarious. He'd never been in the ocean, and he was so scared and they made fun of him. Ugh!

Amish People - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 11:14 am

You know that kind of crap really makes me furious! There nothing I can't stand more than a child that picks on someone because they are different. mad They need to take a look at themselves.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Amish People - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 2:19 am

Absolutely. The kids who were laughing, weren't all that themselves. They had issues of their own, but of course found it easier to pick on him and the other Amish kids. There wasn't much positive education in it that I saw. I'm glad they canceled the show, and I hope the parents of the city kids at least gave them a stern punishment. I doubt it, though. Sad.

Amish People - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 2:04 pm

thats really sad!

Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 8:02 pm

Rhonda wrote:
if u hadn't noticed i love the Amish people! here are some pics of them that i found! if ya'll have anymore could you please post them on here! thank you! :cowgirl: :kitty:

Amish People - Page 2 Amishp10

Amish People - Page 2 Amishp11

I do not believe the Amish children wear brightly colored clothing like what is shown in your picture above. This perhaps is a picture of some prairie children. The Amish family looks more like this.........Wink
Amish Family

Could be Mennonites.

Amish People - Page 2 KEEPERBRENDAAmish People - Page 2 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 8:03 pm

I`m part Pennsylvania Dutch grinsmiley

Amish People - Page 2 KEEPERBRENDAAmish People - Page 2 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 6:15 pm

That's right she is!!! grinsmiley

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 1:55 am

grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 4:31 pm

You do live on a farm right? Cool

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Me? Yes I do.

Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 10:12 pm

brenda_m wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
if u hadn't noticed i love the Amish people! here are some pics of them that i found! if ya'll have anymore could you please post them on here! thank you! :cowgirl: :kitty:

Amish People - Page 2 Amishp10

Amish People - Page 2 Amishp11

I do not believe the Amish children wear brightly colored clothing like what is shown in your picture above. This perhaps is a picture of some prairie children. The Amish family looks more like this.........Wink
Amish Family

Could be Mennonites.

I said because Mennonites where bright colored clothes and they are a type of Amish. I didn`t know this until one day I was so surprised to see two Mennonite ladies in a hospital parking garage elevator and my Dad told me about them when we got to our vehicle.

Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 2:35 pm

I showed my Dad these photos and he said they are Mennonites. So they are a type Amish :)

Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:22 pm

We have Amish come into the store I work at and some come in with just the black and grey clothing, then there are others who come in with the dresses and bonnets on, but with different colors, like mauve.

Amish People - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:27 pm

What kind of store is it?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amish People   Amish People - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amish People
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2