HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 cleaning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady


Number of posts : 2750

PostSubject: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:18 pm

I went on a cleaning binge today. Not the usual straightening up, but moving the furniture, sorting through junk and trying to get rid of some. The cleaning mood doesn't strike me often, so when it does, I run with it grinsmiley

Anyway, I came across a letter I had written to Kevin Hagen but never got around to sending. I had spoken with him a few times by email and he had sent me a note, and maybe a year or so after that, I wrote this letter. For some reason or another, I never sent it. It made me sad, b/c I know that I never can send it to him now :( I guess it's a lesson for me, to say and do things and not put them off b/c you never know if someday you won't be able to.






"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"



Number of posts : 6784
Location : In the town shopping
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:34 pm

Shucks Christina, if I had known you're on a cleaning binge, I would put my house on your to do list. ROTFL I'm not so crazy about cleaning, so I would keep everything tidy everyday to avoid a big cleanup. Thumbsup

At least you got to talk to Kevin Hagen, treasure that. I never did. I know and I heard he was such a down to earth person. I once also read someone had sent for his autograph and Mr. Hagen sent it to him 3 days before his passing.



"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19960
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:35 pm

You are 100% right Christina, never put off tomorrow, what you can do today!!! Thumbsup

I had written an email to Kevin and he had answered me back saying that he was just about done with his treatments and he felt like he was going to beat this. Needless to say, my computer crashed and I lost that email. It was shortly after that, he passed away.......Blue



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!


Last edited by on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Well Christina, there's not a person here who hasn't done something or not done something we later regretted, so don't let it fret you none. It comes with being human, and unfortunately, it's required equipment, so we all get stuck with it whether we want it or not.

As far as cleaning, I've been doing some of that. Not enough so's you'd notice as someone who hasn't been in my home, but for me, finding out what the lump was behind the couch was a minor victory. Turns out that's where all the missing socks end up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19960
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:57 pm

flatbroke wrote:
I've been doing some of that. Not enough so's you'd notice as someone who hasn't been in my home, but for me, finding out what the lump was behind the couch was a minor victory. Turns out that's where all the missing socks end up.

Another mystery solved......I have always wondered where the missing socks end up.............ROTFL



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52512
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Another mystery solved......I have always wondered where the missing socks end up.............ROTFL

One comedian said he has a theory that the rings of Saturn are composed of missing airline luggage. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:22 pm

Aww, I would have been very sad too. Blue

Beckie


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:03 am



Aha - I always wondered about that one, too.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:40 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
I went on a cleaning binge today. Not the usual straightening up, but moving the furniture, sorting through junk and trying to get rid of some. The cleaning mood doesn't strike me often, so when it does, I run with it grinsmiley

Nice to know I'm not the only one that does that! I usually plan it when hubby & the boys aren't around so I can actually get rid of stuff without them poking through the trash!

If its a while until the mood strikes me again, Christina, you are welcome to come over and tackle my dust bunnies. I think there is an actual colony under my bed!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:25 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwww,me do the same thing put off doing stuff

i did the same has u got rid of junk i never used anymore..cleaning is never fun lol ROTFL
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady


Number of posts : 2750

PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:52 pm

Misti wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:
I went on a cleaning binge today. Not the usual straightening up, but moving the furniture, sorting through junk and trying to get rid of some. The cleaning mood doesn't strike me often, so when it does, I run with it grinsmiley

Nice to know I'm not the only one that does that! I usually plan it when hubby & the boys aren't around so I can actually get rid of stuff without them poking through the trash!

If its a while until the mood strikes me again, Christina, you are welcome to come over and tackle my dust bunnies. I think there is an actual colony under my bed!

While that's a very nice offer Misti, I think I have to pass... ROTFL Besides, I just got rid of my own dust bunnies, I don't know if I'm up for the sneezing that would come from getting rid of more! :haha:




"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:08 pm

I gotta clean. I can't stand a messy house!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: cleaning   Today at 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
 
cleaning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Self cleaning - think info is wrong - any ideas?
» Socket cleaning
» speaker cleaning
» Halogen bulb/Cleaning metal guard
» cleaning strike

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: