Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Surgery

Go down 
+3
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
7 posters
AuthorMessage
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Surgery Party010

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:26 am

Have any of you had to have your gallstones removes?? It looks like i had an attack and i have been refered to a surgeon to have them removed. Don't know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Surgery Purple2

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 7:54 am

No, I haven't, but a member of our church recently had his done and he was back within a week after the surgery. He is doing wonderful now, so if you have good doctors and nurses, you should be up and around in no time.........I do recall being asked how my gallbladder was doing when I was having pains with my cancer........I guess the doctor was anxious to take it out.......Good Luck to you! Thumbsup

Surgery Rhonda10Surgery Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 am

I had mine taken out 8 years ago next month. Mine was done by Laparoscopic surgery. Same day surgery. I was back to work 3 days later. I think about 2 weeks later I had the staples removed. gOOD LUCK!Thumbsup

Laparoscopic surgery
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Surgery Love-s10

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:12 am

Susie wrote:
I had mine taken out 8 years ago next month. Mine was done by Laparoscopic surgery. Same day surgery. I was back to work 3 days later. I think about 2 weeks later I had the staples removed. gOOD LUCK!Thumbsup

This is what my sister had done years ago too, Susie...she is a BIG baby and even she said it wasn't a big deal. Good luck Edwina!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Surgery Happy010

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 11:56 am

Susie wrote:

Laparoscopic surgery

I had that done, too, about three years ago. No complications whatsoever, though the week, I got a bill charging me with the "disposal of my gallbladder" which was $250. Heck, I could have took it home and put it in a mason jar on my shelf!
Anyway, Don't worry, Edwina. It is a piece of cake! Thumbsup

Surgery HummerSurgery MistiKeeperSurgery Bookclub5Surgery Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Yes it was simple Amy and Misti. The Dr. saved my stones. She thought I wanted them....not sure what gave her that impression. They look like peas and hard as a rock. Kinda gross looking. $250 for disposal...thats unreal.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Surgery Cloud910

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 5:03 pm

I had my gall bladder taken out. It was an emergency ordeal. I went to the dr and he sent me immediately to the hospital. I had it out the next day. I went home the day after that and was off work for a week. I had the laproscopic way too. Not long after I went back to work I fell on a wet floor and had to return to the hospital but after some pain killers, I survived.

Surgery MarilynKeeper Surgery Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Surgery Bokmal10

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:42 am

I don't have this problem but a friend of mine had some stones removed too. The biggest of them was really awful to see: it was the size of a little golf ball! And of course hard, very hard! affraid affraid :faint2: I couldn't believe my eyes when he showed it to me. He also keep it in a transparent jar. But he had no problem after surgery. All was perfectly for him after a week of it.

Vanesa.

Surgery Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Surgery Happy011

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:39 pm

My Cousin's Gall Bladder Bursted now they toke it out too he had some great pain

Surgery Jacobk10Surgery Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgery   Surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgery
Page 1 of 1