Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wedding plans

Go down 
+21
carolineingalls
edwina
flatbroke
Teresa
LM
Carol
Lily
Misti
Amy
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
pamh36
Vanesa
Savannah
bethandmanly
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Wedding plans - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Amy wrote:
I love every single one of those...I didn't even see that you wrote that the last one is your favorite---I decided the same thing immediately! I love the sleeves on that one and the bodice. The split down the middle is very typical of the Edwardian era, which I love. It has that 'Somewhere in Time' feel. Definitely my fave of all the dresses I've seen so far! Thumbsup We have good taste, Christina...notice the price! Whistle

I got my dress (ahem, this was back in 1990) for $80 on a bargain rack in a bridal shop. My veil ended up costing much more than the gown! LOL! But it had tons of detail and no one would have guessed I'd paid so little for it, and I got tons of compliments! Also, I know it's nice to have new, but you can save so much money buying something second-hand. Wink'

Oh, one more thing to keep in mind: A lot of times the cheaper dresses will have a very basic 'bottom', and the bodice will be more detailed. The problem is that you can see every wrinkle in the 'basic bottomed' dresses (especially if they're form fitting...my sister's dress was like this), and it will be wrinkled before you even arrive to the church! OhMy I notice all the ones you linked to David's had more detail on the bottoms, or sheering or whatever, so that's good. Even the 'princess' dress that I linked would hide a lot of wrinkles. Just something to think about that many brides I don't think consider. Wink

I know, the price is pretty painful to think about! OhMy LOL. And thank you for that advice about the bottom of the skirt - that was something I hadn't even thought of! I'll keep that in mind grinsmiley

Wedding plans - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Wedding plans - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 pm

You're welcome, Christina. Thumbsup Yeah...my sister's dress was very similar to this one on the bottom:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3201&prodgroup=210

...then had the more detailed top, and she looked pretty crumply by the end of the night. Just something to keep in mind. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:

Carol, I love that Kenny Roger's song! I have that and a million songs I'd like played at my wedding! LOL, we're going to have to narrow them down quite a bit. We were actually thinking of making a compilation CD for favors.

We are hoping to get in contact with the priest we want to marry us before Thanksgiving, then I suppose we will have to talk to the church and get special permission for him to come there. I'm a little nervous about that, I hope they will allow it. But more on that hopefully soon :)

Is Savannah's favorite, "Go Tell It On The Mountain" on your song list? batEyes

Wedding plans - Page 3 HummerWedding plans - Page 3 MistiKeeperWedding plans - Page 3 Bookclub5Wedding plans - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 9:59 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Christina, click on the dress below....it is a bridal shop in Arkansas that is having a $99 sale on gowns. They have one every year and this one ends January 14. You might find one you like and can have it adjusted when you receive it.......

Wedding plans - Page 3 12_3_124

Hey, I saw on the news the other day the annual "dress rush" where you saw a sea of brides (and one man) rushing and grabbing. I could have sworn I saw you, Christina, in the crowd! Bliss 🤺 stars

Wedding plans - Page 3 HummerWedding plans - Page 3 MistiKeeperWedding plans - Page 3 Bookclub5Wedding plans - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 pm

It is good that you have so long to plan and get all the details exactly right for you all. We married eight months after we met so we had a simple wedding which we did as inexpensive as we could get.

I think the two most expensive things were the dress ($250, I believe) and the flowers (a little over $200).

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Wedding plans - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes, flowers can be one big expense. I once went to one of my friend's wedding, they paid close to $20,000 just for the flowers. :faint2:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Wedding plans - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 pm

*CHOKE!*

I read about a woman who was suing because her flowers were the wrong color. At first I thought that was silly - but THEN I read that she had been charged $28,000 for the flowers! If they're going to charge THAT kind of money, they can at least get the color right!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 7:59 am

They paid $28,000 for something that grows in the wild? Something they could yank out of the ground for free??

I agree with Lily... :faint2:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 8:00 am

Lily wrote:
Oh I definitely love this one. I love the strapless with side drape.....very flattering!!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3353&prodgroup=10

I also like this dress the best. Simplicity, simplicity.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks for joining in the dress search, Rob! grinsmiley Ah - the thought of spending $28,000 for the entire wedding, let alone just flowers makes me feel a little ill. Wow! I was looking at photographer packages yesterday, one said, "Our packages start at as little as $3,000". OhMy

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Misti wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
Christina, click on the dress below....it is a bridal shop in Arkansas that is having a $99 sale on gowns. They have one every year and this one ends January 14. You might find one you like and can have it adjusted when you receive it.......

Wedding plans - Page 3 12_3_124

Hey, I saw on the news the other day the annual "dress rush" where you saw a sea of brides (and one man) rushing and grabbing. I could have sworn I saw you, Christina, in the crowd! Bliss 🤺 stars

Darn, I was hoping my disguise held up! ROTFL

And Misti, of course "Go Tell it On the Mountain" will be played, with a special dedication to Savannah! grinsmiley ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 1:01 pm

Oh Lordy, now Go Tell it on the Mountain is going to be stuck in my head all day again! Thanks Misti (ahem, and indirectly, Savannah! grinsmiley ).

Oh yay, Rob has joined the wedding discussion! happy1 Always good to have a man's POV! Thumbsup And he has good taste!Wedding plans - Page 3 Accord07

Good grief, $28,000 for FLOWERS?! I have no words. :scratch:

As a woman who has been married for almost 18 years, I will tell you what has remained MOST important to me over all these years. The wedding video!!!! Yes, the pics are nice and important, but there's really no need to go 'all out' IMHO. Here's what we did...we bought the proof book, and 3 8x10's of the two of us. I'm going to scrapbook my wedding album soon, and when I do, I'll cut a bunch of the proof book pics down, so they're not all the same size, like they are now. Then all the family members who wanted their own copies paid for their own. Sounds cheap, but no one minded---the only people who wanted pics were immediate family and it's not like they wanted that many---no one wants a 'shrine' in their house to the wedding couple, I don't care how close you are! grinsmiley

So keep that in mind, Christina...it really doesn't have to be that expensive. Better yet, do you have any friends that are good with digital photography? That's a thought too! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 1:37 pm

I agree about the flowers. Good grief - with THAT kind of money, I'd rather buy LAND, and grow my own flowers!

Christina.......if you play Go Tell it on the Mountain at your wedding, with a special dedication to me........I'll change my name. :Hahaha: On second thought....I'll just crash your wedding, and take out the musicians before they get a chance to do the song. 🎻 :box: affraid

batEyes
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh Lordy, now Go Tell it on the Mountain is going to be stuck in my head all day again! Thanks Misti (ahem, and indirectly, Savannah! grinsmiley ).

:

Yes..."Go tell it on the Mountain"...and bring your flowers from THERE!!! batEyes :shifty:

Vanesa.

Wedding plans - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Amy wrote:
Good grief, $28,000 for FLOWERS?! I have no words. :scratch:

For that money I hope some of them were at least carnivorous. I now pronounce you man and wife... we will now feed the whining flower girl to the Venus flytrap... :sillySmiley:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Amy wrote:
So keep that in mind, Christina...it really doesn't have to be that expensive. Better yet, do you have any friends that are good with digital photography? That's a thought too! Thumbsup

Sorry about that, Amy, but I couldn't resist! grinsmiley

I totally agree about the photography. My b-i-l actually played that part for us; both videotaping the ceremony and taking the pictures. And all that cost was the film and the developing!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:11 pm

A little update. We were able to book the date with the church, and finally this past week, the receptional hall! I feel like we got a really good package, it includes a buffet dinner, the wedding cake, open bar, champagne toast, and floral centerpieces all in the price, which was the lowest we've found in the area. So, now we've got a year, 5 months and some odd days to save some real money to pay for everything! Should be a breeze! stars Yeah, right, LOL. But I'm excited, at least with the date secured, we can take time to plan everything else.

The official date that Christina is no longer eligible to date Matt Laborteaux . . . I mean, is getting married: September 5, 2009.

ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:09 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :woohooo:

My parents married September 4, 1948!!! They will celebrate 60 years of marriage the day before your first day of marriage!!! OhMy

Wedding plans - Page 3 Rhonda10Wedding plans - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
The official date that Christina is no longer eligible to date Matt Laborteaux . . . I mean, is getting married: September 5, 2009.

ROTFL

Yay! I'm so happy for you Christina :idance:

Wedding plans - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:52 pm

:woohooo: Congratulations on getting the date set!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Rhonda wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :woohooo:

My parents married September 4, 1948!!! They will celebrate 60 years of marriage the day before your first day of marriage!!! OhMy

Cool! My parents got married September 28, 1974...so it will be 35 years for them a few weeks after we get married. My mom seemed touched by that too.

Thank you all for your sweet comments :)

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:22 pm

It sounds like things are really coming together now!! And you have a date picked out too!! The time is just absolutely going to fly by. I am so happy for you!

Wedding plans - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:30 pm

Congratulations Christina.

That last gown is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 3:47 am

Congratulations on setting your special date, Christina. It may seem like a long way off but believe me, it'll fly by!

Wedding plans - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 5:51 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
A little update. We were able to book the date with the church, and finally this past week, the receptional hall! I feel like we got a really good package, it includes a buffet dinner, the wedding cake, open bar, champagne toast, and floral centerpieces all in the price, which was the lowest we've found in the area. So, now we've got a year, 5 months and some odd days to save some real money to pay for everything! Should be a breeze! stars Yeah, right, LOL. But I'm excited, at least with the date secured, we can take time to plan everything else.

ROTFL

Sorry Christina, you were never eligible to date him because we have been secretly married for years, lol! In my dreams of course. ROTFL By the way, when are you gonna stop by my Matt forum again? grinsmiley

Anyway, congradulations! It will be here before ya know it! Cool

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedding plans
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next