HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Survivor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:57 pm

Good thing I read that...I was gonna explain! I don't know about you, but if I tape the show and haven't had a chance to watch it, I avoid the tv so I don't hear who got kicked off until I have a chance to see it!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:32 pm

I was wondering the same thing Misti, lol.

Now I kinda hope the mullett lady wins. She is pretty nice and never really was any trouble. I also hope PG wins since she is in China and she is Chinese.

Beckie


LETS GO PENS!


Last edited by on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52508
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:44 pm

You've got a good point about the mullet lady, Beckie. I might start rooting for her too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:27 am

I think unless Todd does something stupid or has a revolt against him, he might win. I definitely don't want Courtney to win. She doesn't deserve it!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52508
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:05 pm

In the current TV Guide, Jeff Probst talks about each of the Survivor contestants. He likes Denise, and he says, "I like her even more for the story she told about why she has her mullet."

Did we hear that story? I think I missed it. :think:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:27 pm

I never heard the story either. Maybe it's a tribute to a loved one that passed away or something?

Beckie


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Rob wrote:
In the current TV Guide, Jeff Probst talks about each of the Survivor contestants. He likes Denise, and he says, "I like her even more for the story she told about why she has her mullet."

Did we hear that story? I think I missed it. :think:

Nope, I've never heard the story of her mullet, either. To tell the truth, until her showed up for that last reward challenge, I thought she might be gay



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:46 pm

I cannot wait. Thursday is a regular episode and the the finale on Sunday. I'll have to decide between Survivor & The Amazing Race.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52508
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Misti wrote:
I'll have to decide between Survivor & The Amazing Race.

You'll have to mullet over and come to a decision. Hey, where's Rhonda when we need her? Wink

I'm watching the Amazing Race, too. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but last week's was really interesting. I had no idea Lithuania was such a beautiful country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:42 pm

Rob wrote:
Misti wrote:
I'll have to decide between Survivor & The Amazing Race.

You'll have to mullet over and come to a decision. Hey, where's Rhonda when we need her? Wink

I'm watching the Amazing Race, too. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but last week's was really interesting. I had no idea Lithuania was such a beautiful country.

Between Amazing Race and Survivor... :think: :unsure: do I have to CAST THE DECIDING VOTE on which to watch??



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:09 pm

LOL!!

I stopped watching the Amazing Race. Even if I didn't I would never even think to watch that over Survivor. Survivor is my life, lol. Beckie has spoken. ROTFL


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13376
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:47 am

First off, spoilers coming up so Rob if you haven't seen it yet, don't read below! :shh3: And no, I haven't heard any story about Denise's mullet either...must be coming up tomorrow night maybe? Hope so, now I want to know! :scratch:

I honestly don't think that Todd's sister's miscarriage was staged. Johnny Fairplay was a 'player' from the very beginning...Todd, is not--- I think he's too good a guy to pull sth like that. And the whole 're-enactment' by Courtney was just one more reason for me not to like her. :laser: I thought that was beyond low to make fun of someone crying over the loss of their future niece or nephew. She was only speculating---there are no facts. She need to grow up. Frying pan

I would not mind seeing Denise win...she is a really good-hearted woman. She really needed to vote Todd out there...she's so soft she couldnt' go against her aliance. Could be her undoing. Also she did not have to explain herself to Pei-G (Sp?)...I mean, how many Survivors have we actually seen where the reward favor is reciprocated? It's about taking along who will benefit you in the game. I would love to see Pei G go...she irks me possibly worse than Courtney! OhMy....but I believe she'll go to the final two actually...who wouldn't want to go up against her? I would be happy to see Denise, Todd or Amanda to win, with Amanda having the edge.

Can't wait for tomorrow night!


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:05 pm

Me either!!! I cannot believe Sun. is the end already! I hope someone worthy wins not Courtney, lol.


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13376
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Spoiler:

Horray Peih-Gee's gone!! :sillySmiley: Anyone else as happy as I am? Thumbsup (And LOL, JUST when I finally figured out how to spell her name! grinsmiley )

I don't blame them for wanting to take Todd...I don't think he can win this, but he certainly can come in second! $100,000 is nothing to sneeze it! Whistle


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6


Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:04 pm

I am glad that this week's cast off is gone too. He/she was very annoying.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:12 pm

I can't stand Todd. I wanted to smack that stupid look of his scrawny face at his reaction to PG leaving. Grow up idiot! I hope he is next. There is nothing worse than a cocky person. And as far as Courtney...that's another story. mad Go Denise or Amanda!


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:48 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I can't stand Todd. I wanted to smack that stupid look of his scrawny face at his reaction to PG leaving. Grow up idiot! I hope he is next. There is nothing worse than a cocky person. And as far as Courtney...that's another story. mad Go Denise or Amanda!

I wanted to smack Courtney, too, with the stupid looks and faces she was making during tribal council. PG really hit the nail on the head about her (Court) when she was talking; she really has been riding coattails during this show.

I think the final two might be Todd and Amanda. I knew that Denise wasn't going to be able to handle that challenge, when she had to eat! She should have at least tried!

I think overall, with playing the game well, the overall winner would have to be Todd.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:57 am

OOOO tonight's the finale!!! :idance: If Todd wins, I will be so ANGRY!!! But I think it's going to be him. My mom thinks it might be Denise or Amanda. I hope it's one of them. Even if Courtney won, I wouldn't be as mad. I cannot wait to see if PG is going to tear the final people up! I hope it's not that stupid final 3 thing again. But they will probably do it anyway. They knew people didn't like that idea the first time and they did it anyway, lol.


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:20 pm

BOOOO, slime ball won!! mad


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:42 am

Well, I have to admit out of all of them, he did play the game the best, even if he used slimy tactics. I can't believe Courtney came in second...she totally did not deserve to win anything. I was so happy when Mark Burnett gave Denise $50,000. and James won the viewer's choice.

I wonder why player from this game will be on the next one? I'm thinking maybe James...



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52508
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:55 am

Misti, I didn't watch the whole show. Why did Mark give Denise the $50,000?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:13 am

I didn't watch, either, Rob, but a friend of mine is obsessed with the show, and had mentioned this to me. Denise said or implied that she had been demoted at her job because of her fame on the show. So this Mark fella gave her $50,000. But it turns out that she was already in that custodial position before she left for Survivor - and had requested the transfer herself. The school administration received so many harsh e-mails about the situation, they decided that they needed to set the record straight, and went on The Morning Show to do an interview with Denise on a split screen. Apparently, she has apologized for misleading people. I wonder what will happen with the $50,000 now, since it was given under a misconeption of unfair treatment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13376
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:01 am

Misti wrote:
Well, I have to admit out of all of them, he did play the game the best, even if he used slimy tactics.

Yeah, the game is "Outwit, outlast, outplay", and Todd did do that! I think so often people forget that...this is not about making best friends and practicing what you learned in kindergarten. I would have a hard time at this game, but it IS a game. A person on my other board mentioned how Amanda screwed this up. She HAD that million in her hands, but she kept apologizing for everything, and making the puppy dog eyes, and never owned what she did to GET where she was. You don't apologize for having 'Uno', you don't apologize for conquering the wold in "RISK". She played a good game, but she didn't step up to the plate with the jury and OWN her accomplishments, in the way that Todd did. He deserved to win, IMO.

About Denise, I was happy for her at that moment, but it's a risk every single person takes when they enter the game...she's not the first to not have a job to come back to. Those people didn't get $50,000, she was just more verbal about her financial issues than most....essentially begging, and that told me a lot about her. And now come to find out she was very misleading. I'm sorry, but a janitorial job is actually a promotion, not a demotion...she really played it up during the reunion and I lost all respect I'd had for her there. I really liked her during the whole show, until the final episode with how she was with Amanda and all the boo-hoo-ing. Don't think I don't sympathize...I've had my struggles, believe me, and we essentially grew up poor. But you would never see my parents or myself begging on national tv. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but it wouldn't bother me a bit if they denied her that $50,000 now...it was gained using under-handed measures. JMO.


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:32 am

Savannah wrote:
I didn't watch, either, Rob, but a friend of mine is obsessed with the show, and had mentioned this to me. Denise said or implied that she had been demoted at her job because of her fame on the show. So this Mark fella gave her $50,000. But it turns out that she was already in that custodial position before she left for Survivor - and had requested the transfer herself. The school administration received so many harsh e-mails about the situation, they decided that they needed to set the record straight, and went on The Morning Show to do an interview with Denise on a split screen. Apparently, she has apologized for misleading people. I wonder what will happen with the $50,000 now, since it was given under a misconeption of unfair treatment.

Thanks for explaining, Savannah! I didn't know the rest of the story. She came across as getting let go because she went on Survivor or quitting to go on the show and then not getting hired back in the lunch room and then she had to take a custodian job. When she was rallying on the show she was saying she didn't really have anything go go home to. She seems to me to be an unhappy person. She always talked how she was one of the unpopular kids; being picked last for sports in school and stuff like that. I wonder, too, if she will keep the $50,000? Probably so.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 am

Amy wrote:
Misti wrote:
Well, I have to admit out of all of them, he did play the game the best, even if he used slimy tactics.

Yeah, the game is "Outwit, outlast, outplay", and Todd did do that! I think so often people forget that...this is not about making best friends and practicing what you learned in kindergarten. I would have a hard time at this game, but it IS a game. A person on my other board mentioned how Amanda screwed this up. She HAD that million in her hands, but she kept apologizing for everything, and making the puppy dog eyes, and never owned what she did to GET where she was. You don't apologize for having 'Uno', you don't apologize for conquering the wold in "RISK". She played a good game, but she didn't step up to the plate with the jury and OWN her accomplishments, in the way that Todd did. He deserved to win, IMO.

About Denise, I was happy for her at that moment, but it's a risk every single person takes when they enter the game...she's not the first to not have a job to come back to. Those people didn't get $50,000, she was just more verbal about her financial issues than most....essentially begging, and that told me a lot about her. And now come to find out she was very misleading. I'm sorry, but a janitorial job is actually a promotion, not a demotion...she really played it up during the reunion and I lost all respect I'd had for her there. I really liked her during the whole show, until the final episode with how she was with Amanda and all the boo-hoo-ing. Don't think I don't sympathize...I've had my struggles, believe me, and we essentially grew up poor. But you would never see my parents or myself begging on national tv. Sorry if this seems insensitive, but it wouldn't bother me a bit if they denied her that $50,000 now...it was gained using under-handed measures. JMO.
:agree:



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Today at 1:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
Survivor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Survivor winner Fabio Arrested!
» Exceed Summon and D.D Survivor
» Survivor S28 Cagayan Episode 05 (March 19th) "The Merge"
» Survivor: Cagayan Preview
» Survivor: Blood vs Water

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: