Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the godsister

Go down 
+16
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Ruth
Honeybee
Krissy
Kristina
JW
Carol
ChristinaAL
jes9
Savannah
Vanesa
LIWnut
bethandmanly
Lori
charles ingalls
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

the godsister - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2007 7:01 pm

I didn't care for the Godsister episode. It was too far fetched for me.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 pm

this was a cute episode! very fun for Carrie Ingalls! it was nice to see Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush acting alongside each other too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:37 am

I like this esp,It's very good and funny one. Sure her acting is NOT very good.(carries).Least she had one esp of her own storyline..I now understand why her character got ingored is cuz of the twins poor acting.....Then way did't they just re-cast carries part?

Carrie was very cuite kid.She probly did the best she could
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:34 pm

This is much better then then the holloween dream one lol

it was a cuite esp.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:07 pm

This wasn't my favorite episode. I think, the girl name is Elissa. Cause, I have the closed caption on, when I was watching it. It kept showing Elissa. Not Alyssa.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 am

Even though it is a bit far-fetched, I still thought it was cute... Wink

Leaves the godsister - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 pm

I kind of felt bad for carrie. She must of been so lonely. Having no one to play with. When re-watching this,I kind of feel for her. I understand how she must have felt.Being to young to really help.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 am

This was probably one of my least favorite episodes

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Ok, I'll stand up and say that I might be the only one who liked this episode. I think it's a sweet storyline--Pa reads stories to Carrie every night before bed. When he is gone and no one else can fill his place, she imagines a friend to keep her company.
Now, the acting may have been a bit better. I don't think that Sidney and Lindsay were the best actresses on the planet but I'm sure they did their best *maybe*.
The twins kept switching roles. One has a gap between her front teeth and I always have fun watching this episode finding the one with the gap. I don't notice the gap in other episodes, have any of you?
I like this eppie.
I like this episode. Carrie missed Charles while he was away and felt lonely. Caroline was busy taking care of Grace and having work to do around the house and Laura&Albert were busy. I haven't paid any attention to the gap.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I just got done watching The Godsister. I likre the episode.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:35 pm

The Greenbush twins liked it obviously and I only remember it vaguely since it's not on often being 90 minutes. I remember the end when Charles is with Carrie and she can't find her friend and he says something like she doesn't need her now.

I might watch in on youtube and fast-forward through parts I don't like...I remember when they have her calling her friend over and over, it was a bit much....but that wasn't the actress's fault, they had her do it and didn't edit it. I know they get bashed a lot of this show, but Michael wouldn't have given Melissa Sue or Melissa Gilbert something like this and maybe it was well intentioned at the time but very different than the regular scripts. Who's idea it was, was more to blame.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 pm

I thought it was a little mean how everyone treated her. Caroline was cross, Laura and Albert, they even had Bandit reject Carrie!. I realize the premise was she missed her Pa, but I can't imagine Charles spent much more time with her than the rest of the family.

I don't blame the twins for the script, they didn't write it but making the family treat her like a dimwitted stepchild all of a sudden just seemed odd. A lot of material for the young girl (she wasn't Melissa Gilbert) but she did the best she could.
They used "Uncle Jeb" again in this episode as Saint Peter, I think he was in 3 or 4 over the years. Since I lost a dog, seeing Jack did make me tear up.

On a side note, you can see how close her bed is to her parents in this episode. (about a foot) I think I would have hung a sheet!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't like how Carrie got treated. Caroline, Laura and Albert acted like Carrie was in their way and seemed annoyed by her. I'm surprised Caroline sent her off by herself to pick berries, then later to go fishing. I felt sorry for Carrie in this episode. They each should have made time to pay attention to Carrie. There were times Mary wasn't nice to her.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Charles and Caroline never had any privacy. Carrie's bed was too close to their bed.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 am

I watched it last night, although parts of it were painful, it wasn't as bad as stated by some...the side story of the telephone poles etc balanced it. Caroline was a big harsh about Charles leaving, it wasn't the first time by far, but they do have a good rapport with each other, the chemistry was always there.

I have to say I agree, the characters were written much differently than before. was this the Caroline Ingall's that had to talk to Reverend Alden about being too harsh and raising her voice after her daughter Mary almost burned the barn down and hurt herself and the livestock? Geez...Carrie would have been hung! They were so harsh with her, not only in words but looks. Carrie had no toys, you never see blocks, dolls, jump rope, even the horse Charles made her, I would get bored with no one to play with either. I don't recall seeing Grace although she was mentioned in the show, even when Caroline was in bed.
The weird fantasy scenes were someone's great idea, just didn't flow well, a little too over done...the ones Laura had about being rich were better.

I agree, she couldn't handle more lines maybe, but make them better, and don't let her seem like she's "simple". She was frail in health early on, in real life but married and held jobs etc.

I liked the "heaven" part because of Jack too..I lost a lab two years ago and when she hugged him, I felt that "lump" in my throat.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Caroline and Charles   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 am

Spanky wrote:
Charles and Caroline never had any privacy. Carrie's bed was too close to their bed.

That what they make hay lofts for!

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Lindsay and Sidney    the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:56 pm

I have been critical of the Greenbush's acting ability in this forum, and I must now say that I did so from a position of ignorance. I have every episode ever made on DVD's, watched Little House in the 70's and have seen every episode at least ten times. AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID!
To my surprise, I discovered that I had never seen The Godsister. Why, I do not know.
You can imagine the surprise I felt when I watched it on TV last week. An episode that I had never seen? It couldn't be true, but it was......
I based my opinion of the girls on the limited speaking parts that they had and I was wrong. I now believe that if they had been given a chance, they would have done a pretty good job. There is no doubt that they were two of the sweetest kids that ever graced the screen of a television and if they had been given more parts along with some good coaching, I think they would have really done well.
To all that I have disagreed with about the twins, I am making a public apology. You were right and I was wrong!
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I know I read that they were embarrassed by how little they were made to be at times (wetting themselves, things like that), but overall they enjoyed being on the show. They said filming The Godsister, it was very hot and humid with the lights and fog, but fun.

The exact interview quote:
\What was your least favourite "Little House on the Prairie" episode (or scene) to make, and why?
My least favorite episode came later. I don't remember the name but I is they one where I think they meet Albert for the first time. Anyway the family goes to Sleepyeye. Laura & Carrie are waiting in the wagon. Carrie has to go to the bathroom. Laura wont take her so she ends up wetting her bloomers. This really embarrassed me & I remember thinking that the audience wouldn't buy Carrie not being able to find a bathroom on her own at 10 or 11 years old.

I saw these answers in response to their first thoughts on certain characters:
Michael Landon (Pa): Prankster

Karen Grassle: (Ma): Loving

Melissa Gilbert: (Laura): 1/2 pint

Melissa Sue Anderson (Mary): Mysterious

Alison Arngrim (Nellie): Classic Comedian

Victor French (Mr. Edwards): Can't Laugh Staring Contest (game we played)

Kyle Richards (Alicia Edwards): Sister

Jonathan Gilbert (Willie): Wish I knew where he was. Used to have a mutual friend.

Matthew Laborteaux (Albert): Both Matt and Pat were like big brothers

Last edited by Praire Girl on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Davetucson wrote:
I have been critical of the Greenbush's acting ability in this forum, and I must now say that I did so from a position of ignorance. I have every episode ever made on DVD's, watched Little House in the 70's and have seen every episode at least ten times. AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID!
To my surprise, I discovered that I had never seen The Godsister. Why, I do not know.
You can imagine the surprise I felt when I watched it on TV last week. An episode that I had never seen? It couldn't be true, but it was......
I based my opinion of the girls on the limited speaking parts that they had and I was wrong. I now believe that if they had been given a chance, they would have done a pretty good job. There is no doubt that they were two of the sweetest kids that ever graced the screen of a television and if they had been given more parts along with some good coaching, I think they would have really done well.
To all that I have disagreed with about the twins, I am making a public apology. You were right and I was wrong!
I agree. If they had been given a chance, they could have done well.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 pm

I agree, if given more time and coaching, they could have honed their skills, They were adorable the first years, but it seemed the writers wanted them to stay young even as they grew taller and the dialogue sounded childish then instead of cute.
The twins said they did some scenes in one take in The Godsister, two I think, and that might have been in part because of their ages, but it also didn't give them much time to do things over.

I saw this once and then re-watched it yesterday. The 90 minute shows don't get as much air time. The one where Charles gets shot by Laura (by accident of course) is another I watched a very long time ago. Maybe one day I'll check that out again.
It must have been nice Dave to find something fresh after all these years : )
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
the godsister - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : the godsister - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:27 am

I am surprised at the amount of people that didn't like this episode! I guess I will be in the minority because I actually thought it was pretty good. No, not one of my favorites, but I enjoyed it and will watch it again! I also agree that Greenbush twins weren't as good as actors as Melissa Gilbert or the others, but I think both did a good job. I thought that Carrie's dreams were funny... Charles left to go work with the crews that were putting in telephone lines, and after he left everyone else in the family became so busy that they didn't really have any time to spend with Carrie. So she starts daydreaming about a friend that looks like her who will spend time with her. I thought it was nice to see both of the twins acting together. Charles and Jonathan had some pretty funny moments together too.. like when Jonathan said that if they didn't get to eat some of the potatoes soon that he would end up eating one of the telephone poles! I also loved when both Jonathan and Charles got home and got so excited that they were going to have potatoes with their dinner... that was so funny!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

the godsister - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

This episode, I don't care to watch again. I seen our comments, that people didn't like this episode, either.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 4:47 am

I found it interesting to read her impressions of costars above. Made me a little sad to think she lost track of Jonathan. The twins, Melissa Sue and Richard Bull were the only ones that said he kept in touch with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the godsister   the godsister - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

the godsister
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: Episode Reviews :: SEASON 5-
Jump to: