Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague

Go down 
4 posters

When do we introduce Montague?
In May I Have This Dance?
Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_lcap0%Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Earlier in the season and he stays at the hotel
Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_lcap67%Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Earlier in the season and he stays in a room above the post office
Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_lcap0%Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Wilder Boarding House opens earlier in the season and he stays there
Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_lcap33%Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Bokmal10

Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:31 am

To keep things moving smoothly, I am going to introduce this poll even though the poll about the Wilder Boarding House hasn't been decided. There has been some discussion about introducing Mr. Montague earlier in the season, which could impact other episodes.

This poll is open for 14 days.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:49 am

I would love to see Montague stay at the hotel and get some interaction between him and the other townsfolk in WG. This does hamper his relationship with Isaiah, but Isaiah could always move into the hotel if he doesn't feel like living alone. And Willie and Rachel could live there too.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 1:00 pm

Montague was a wonderful character, and I'd love to see him introduced much earlier! I don't really care where he chooses to live. Cool But he really needs to come in earlier.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 10:02 pm

My only concern with opening the Wilder Boarding House earlier in the season is how it impacts all the other episodes which take place in Season 9. Many scenes take place in the house that Almanzo and Charles built, so if we decide to open it early then we are in for a load of rewriting.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 11:57 pm

I wish he could stay for a while in the Olesons hotel...for the only reason of having him discussing with Harriet almost every day (without mentioning Nancy!), interacting there with Isaiah (who could be living in the hotel too) and having some nice discussions with the unhappy customer that was always complaining about Nellie's meals (Do you remember this guy? grinsmiley It was unbearable!!! ROTFL )

Vanesa.

Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 12:24 am

Vanesa wrote:
I wish he could stay for a while in the Olesons hotel...for the only reason of having him discussing with Harriet almost every day (without mentioning Nancy!), interacting there with Isaiah (who could be living in the hotel too) and having some nice discussions with the unhappy customer that was always complaining about Nellie's meals (Do you remember this guy? grinsmiley It was unbearable!!! ROTFL )

Vanesa.

"What about the bread? Am I gonna get the bread?"

"Comin right up!"

Crash!!!! ROTFL

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 2:33 pm

I went with the Hotel too. I think some interaction with Harriet would be funny, and he could always be looking to move into a bigger space and whenever we decide to open the boarding house, that could be when. He could interact with the townsfolks, and we could begin an interaction with Edwards too, which would be hilarious!

Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:16 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Vanesa wrote:

Vanesa.

"What about the bread? Am I gonna get the bread?"

"Comin right up!"

Crash!!!! ROTFL

What an hysterical moment! I loooove it!!!! :woohooo: :woohooo: ROTFL :Hahaha:

Nellie throwing the bread to him was truly, truly hilarious!!!!

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 3:08 pm

I put this in the Matthew Rogers thread too, but it really belongs here:

As far as Montague goes, according to the Prairiefans website he was coming to Walnut Grove to do research for a book. What in the heck could he research in a town that doesn't even have a library? Maybe, Montague decides to come to Walnut Grove to do a story on Walnut Grove's new mayor (assuming Sarah Carter doesn't run the paper in town.) Or maybe his book is about the founding of Walnut Grove, its history, and the townsfolk that make up the town now because he had a relative who lived there once.

Anyone remember what the heck his book was supposed to be about?

Montague stays in the hotel and then moves into the boarding house, along with Isaiah, and Willie and Rachel, when Laura and Almanzo inherit it.

What do you guys think about this idea?

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Hmm...I can't remember what the book was supposed to be about. But I like your idea, of him wanting to write about the founding of Walnut Grove b/c I think that could lead into a lot of different things, and can maybe be a running theme throughout our rewrite of the season.

Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 10:56 pm

That's a great idea, ChrstinAl...I've never tought about it and is wonderful. Yes...Mr. Montague book could be a main issue in the Season 9.

Vanesa. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague   Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 9 - rewrite Mr. Montague
Page 1 of 1