Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it

Go down 
3 posters

How will we work on this?
Every writer contributes to each episode (like the continuing story)
Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vote_lcap14%Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Each writer takes one episode and rewrites it
Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vote_lcap57%Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
A small group works on an epsiode
Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vote_lcap29%Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Bokmal10

Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 8:37 am

Okay, here is the final poll for today...I think. LOL! How do we want to handle these rewrites? Do we want to write them like the continuing stories (keep in mind it has been hard to get people to keep contributing to them)? Do we each want to take one episode and rewrite it? Do we want to work in small groups?

I prefer to work individually because of the time factor and because I think it can be difficult to coordinate multiple writers working on the same story. And also, if we write them like the continuing story, it might be hard to decide where one episode ends and the next starts.

Ooops, there will be one more poll on this subject. Sorry!

This poll is open for 14 days.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 12:18 pm

I also think that's the better idea to work individually on it. Groups are different to realise, and, what Chreyl said, it's difficult to get end and beginning straight, if everyone can contribute to every episode.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 12:27 am

I voted for working in small groups, for my English is not excellent...so, I wouldn't feel at easy writing in a language that is not mine . I love to write, but I feel unsure in English, and I should need some help, specially for I've never seen LHOTP in English (well, only recetly over Youtube) and I don't know the REAL popular expressions the characters would use when speaking. I know certain language expressions, but I don't feel strong enough to make the characters speak as rural USA's middlewest people...Since I don't know how to do it. I can help giving general traits to different storylines, but I should feel not at ease developping them into dialogs and so on... No

Vanesa.

Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:00 am

I wouldn't worry too much about your English, Vanesa. I don't think anyone has trouble understanding you. I've actually taken stories written by writers from Canada who speak/write English as a second language and edit them.

Even if most of us decide to work independently, that wouldn't preclude writers from collaborating together on an episode. So, you could choose one person you wanted to write with and work with him/her.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 2:17 pm

I also went with each writer taking a different episode, mostly for the same reasons you listed Cheryl - I think it would be difficult to coordinate stories for me personally, but I'm sure others will do great with it. And also b/c of the time factor, being able to write whenever I have the free time.

Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it ChristinaKeeper2 Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Thank you, Cheryl. Good idea! I will choice another person to work with. Type

I know you are able to understand me, but I tought that maybe I could have difficult with litterary English. I'm very respectuous with my own language, but also for languages that are not my own, since they are spoken by real people, and I respect these people and their motherland language. Specially if these people are YOU ALL, my LHOTP friends. Love

Vanesa.

Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it   Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 9 rewrite - How will we write it
Page 1 of 1