Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

thre return of nellie

Go down 
+10
Praire Girl
Debbie
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
Kristina
bethandmanly
Vanesa
charles ingalls
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : thre return of nellie Happy010

thre return of nellie Empty
PostSubject: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 3:42 pm

when nancy was in that old barn sleeping, and a wild dog growled at her
the camera was on the dog then nancy then the dog... it chased
her when she ran off surprised it didn't attack her

thre return of nellie GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : thre return of nellie Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 6:28 pm

I think that he wouldn't attack her, for he only wanted to scare her. I suppose that the old barn was the dog site to sleep, and that he was very angry seeing anyone else there. So, he only wanted to make Nancy out...Just wondering. :think:

Vanesa.

thre return of nellie Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : thre return of nellie Happy010

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 7:44 pm

you know vanesa you could be right

thre return of nellie GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 8:16 pm

i liked how nice and grown up nellie is in the esp!...you could tell how much she changed!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Maybe the dog was searching for food because he seemed very interested in her bag.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:54 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Maybe the dog was searching for food because he seemed very interested in her bag.

i think u could be right!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 pm

I also enjoyed seeing how grown up Nellie was in this epsiode. her voice sounded the same as it did when she got married but by her looks you could tell she was older. and despite what Nancy says in this episode, I think she and Nellie did look like each other when they were both young!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:47 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I also enjoyed seeing how grown up Nellie was in this epsiode. her voice sounded the same as it did when she got married but by her looks you could tell she was older. and despite what Nancy says in this episode, I think she and Nellie did look like each other when they were both young!

Nancy was a copy of nelilie.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : thre return of nellie Headac10

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I all most felt sorry for nancy..the dog just want her food.......Loved nellie here..heck even willie loved her here.lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:41 am

sweetheart wrote:
ingallsfan2008 wrote:

Nancy was a copy of nelilie.

No; she wasn't. I think that even if both are not nice to people, Nellie was nicer than Nancy. Nancy was kind of psychopatic person. Nellie was just a little mean.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah,In simple terms they were just not nice little girls

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : thre return of nellie Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 pm

I loved this episode.......I really enjoyed nancy.......

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : thre return of nellie Purple2

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Even though I don't like Nancy, I'm happy the dog didn't hurt or attack her.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Loved seeing Nellie return and see Laura etc. but didn't feel for Nancy at all and the end would have made it disappear if I did. Smile
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : thre return of nellie Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm watching this right now on the Hallmark Channel. I was never a huge fan of this one, and Nellie's wig!! laugh3
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm

What is with the wig...it was awful and looked like the kind you buy your kids in the toy department.
I did like seeing her again, but I thought Nancy's attitude and running away ruined it a bit. I would have liked to hear more about NY and the twins, funny things she did with Laura. Having Nancy, do the usual "It's all about me", no empathy, no heart, no caring, was enough already.
How can she dump ink of someone's head and not get spanked or severely punished. Even Nellie got punished.

Willie was sweet too, coming into his own in this show.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:05 pm

I don't like how Nancy made it all about her. She should have gotten punished for pouring ink over Willie's head and she should have washed the dishes. Nancy was a spoiled brat. I can't stand her.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 am

Nancy had to be the worst idea the writers came up with in the entire run of the show. She creeped me out because they made her pretty close to a sociopath. How can you like someone that can't love, can't have empathy, has no redeeming qualities? She was incorrigable from birth it seems, not "spoiled" like Nellie, but given up by her grandmother because she couldn't handle her. She is mean, killed a rabbit, according to Nell's, shows no remorse and only wants attention to her. My detective hubby gave me some behaviors of a sociopath and I found some online, very scary how close they rode the line with her. She especially fits the shallow emotions, only doing what she has to do to get her way. I felt sorry for the actress, she must have been hated more than Nellie, who ended up seeming more saintly by comparison. lol
This list is longer, but you get the drift:
Profile of the Sociopath:

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

* Glibness and Superficial Charm

* Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

* Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

* Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

* Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

* Incapacity for Love
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
*Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 am

I have to admit, when Nel's mentioned not getting her a pet because she let her rabbit die by not feeding it, it sent chills up my spine.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am

Nancy made sure Belinda got locked in the ice house all night and acted like she didn't know she was still in there when she knew she was. She even twisted her doll's neck around and had an evil look on her face while doing it. I think they could have done with out Nancy. The writers went way over board on how nasty they made her. Nels did the right thing in not letting Nancy get a rabbit from Jason for Easter. She threatened to run away every time Nels threatened to punish her.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Spanky wrote:
Nancy made sure Belinda got locked in the ice house all night and acted like she didn't know she was still in there when she knew she was. She even twisted her doll's neck around and had an evil look on her face while doing it. I think they could have done with out Nancy. The writers went way over board on how nasty they made her. Nels did the right thing in not letting Nancy get a rabbit from Jason for Easter. She threatened to run away every time Nels threatened to punish her.

Yes,They made her very nasty

Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 am

She didn't care if Belinda died either, as a parent, that would scare me a lot.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:51 am

I think that Nancy was a sociopathic type of personnality. But I don't think it was wrong to put her in the show, since this kind of people...exist in real life. Blue

Many people accuses "Little House" of being a syrupy and corny show, not close to life real events, and I strongly disagree with those who thinks it is. "Little House" show us different kind of personnalities, from very bad and nasty, as nancy to almost angelic, as Mary could be, with people in between, for example, Laura, who could be very good but that she could also be jealous and time to time, she felt a certain pleisure of getting even of people she didn't like... grinsmiley BatHit .

Nancy was a sociophatic, a really mean girl (Nelly was merely a spoiled child); but sadly thins kidn of people are among us and will be...

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:37 am

Yes, but I honestly wouldn't adopt one since that doesn't change them. They just cause havic wherever they go if they don't get their way.

I agree, they should show different people but LHOP didn't seem like the right show for this girl, more like Law and Order or Criminal Minds.

They wanted her to be awful, they even made her history that of a sociopath, she even lied about her mother leaving her. They tried everything, but she wasn't going to change even after Nellie came and she almost got lost.
What they were thinking I don't know, but Nels and Harriet acted afraid of her and if the show went on, I don't know what would have happened. I found it a distraction at best.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:03 pm

I think adding her to show i guess made the show more "Fun" & "Exciting"? Maybe less dull.

I wouldn't say that the show was corny.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   thre return of nellie Empty

Back to top Go down

thre return of nellie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next