HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

thre return of nellie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:02 am

Well the definition of corny is :
mawkishly old-fashioned : tiresomely simple and sentimental
I guess it was at times, but not overall. They had way too much drama and bad things happening to be too corny.

I think they thought it would be funny to have a "second Nellie" but she wasn't close except in looks. Nellie was mean, lonely in many ways and spoiled rotten, made to think she was better than everyone else by her Mom. Nancy was different, she wasn't spoiled, she was just mean and lacked empathy. Without empathy, you can't feel anyone else's pain or emotions, you are void of that human part of you that make us able to work with each other and be kind.

In Tinker Jones, if she was there, she wouldn't give one toy of hers, not like Nellie and Willie and if she did, it would be something she hated and THEN she would have made it seem like she did more than anyone else. Sound a bit funny, but it's not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1014

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 am

I agree and I think that every time she said "You hate me" she should have had to add a chore or an amount of money to a jar. : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8823
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:08 pm

When you really analyze it, in my opinion, Nancy gave Willie a vehicle to really emphasize the change he went through. He was able to play off her to demonstrate how he was becoming a descent human being. Don't forget, he did some nasty stuff when he was younger. I think having Nancy kind of emphasized how sweet of a guy Willie could be.

As awful as she was, and boy was she awful, she did serve a purpose for some stories. I'm just sorry Albert wasn't around more to straighten her out..............

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1014

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm

I agree, but I also agree with Richard Bull, Willie was misunderstood at times, he was mischievous but also a follower...when Nellie had him help her record Laura, it was her idea, he wouldn't have done it on his own.
I thought Mr. Bull's comments in an interview were very nice, many just didn't mention him at all, and he said he was smart and a good little actor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 676
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am

Nellie's hair in this one is so funny!

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
remw2002
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Mon May 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Praire Girl wrote:
Nancy had to be the worst idea the writers came up with in the entire run of the show. She creeped me out because they made her pretty close to a sociopath. How can you like someone that can't love, can't have empathy, has no redeeming qualities? She was incorrigable from birth it seems, not "spoiled" like Nellie, but given up by her grandmother because she couldn't handle her. She is mean, killed a rabbit, according to Nell's, shows no remorse and only wants attention to her. My detective hubby gave me some behaviors of a sociopath and I found some online, very scary how close they rode the line with her. She especially fits the shallow emotions, only doing what she has to do to get her way. I felt sorry for the actress, she must have been hated more than Nellie, who ended up seeming more saintly by comparison.  lol

Nellie's actions today would be considered hazing or just being a pain in the rear. Even Nellie did have some standards. Nancy locked a girl in the ice house with no issue whatsoever. Nancy is a classic textbook example of sociopath/psychopath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thre return of nellie   Today at 2:58 am

Back to top Go down

thre return of nellie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2