HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

What are your favorite flower or plants?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:44 pm

There are so many to choose from, I have several... but right now, my current favorites are Tulips & Lilies of the Valley. For plants, I always love palm trees.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:52 pm

Oh, Carol! I love Lily of the Valley. I have some growing around my house, and they almost always blossom just before my birthday. The scent is incredibly beautiful.

I also LOVE Magnolia trees. They're sooooooo gorgeous. Then, there's a tree that has long, sweeping branches, similar to a Willow, but it flowers in spring, with lovely little pink flowers. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but it's stunning.

I also like climbers. And Honeysuckle smells so pretty........Four o'clocks.........Tea roses.......I love flowers and plants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:16 pm

I love lilacs. Not only are they beautiful, but they have such a nice scent. There is nothing like being out on a beauiful spring day and having the breeze carry the scent of lilacs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"

Number of posts : 6784
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:20 pm

I also love Lily of the Valley, they have such a sweet scent!! I love all kinds of flowers, roses, tulips, lavenders, etc.

For trees and plants, I love those Japanese Cherry trees, especially the pink ones, they usually blossom in January which cheer up the dreary and dull winter mood.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:42 pm

i don't really have a favorite
here are some of my fave though

rose

vilolets

tulips

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, Iíll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm

I love Tulips, which were also my Grandmothers favorite.
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:53 pm

thats kool

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, Iíll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:07 pm

I like tulips, roses, and carnations. Did you know Lily of the Valley can kill you if ingested? I didn't. I learned that on my writer's forum when we were chatting about poisons. Any part of the plant is lethal, according to my writer chums.

Cheryl

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 am

I love "old fashioned" flowers, which were common in rural gardens back then: forget-me-not, larkspur, sunflowers.
But my favorite flower is ranunculus:

@ Cheryl
Lily of the Valley is one of the flowers I love too. We have a bed full of them to border the driveway. This bed has always been there and when I was a little child, I was enjoined I must not pick or even touch the flowers, leafs or berries for they are toxic. I was told the same thing about the foxgloves in our yard...
Well, I'm still alive. Seems like I was a obedient child back then. Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freenet-homepage.de/my-pond

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:26 am

I love flowers.....my list could go on forever grinsmiley

wild flowers
roses
tulips
poppies
impatiens(sp)
marigolds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite flower or plants?   Today at 3:40 pm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1