Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

feeling down

Go down 
+4
Lily
Savannah
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I am in the process of making my final college semester schedule to graduate in the spring. There are several classes that I still need to take, the rest are going to be electives. I've been lucky the past 2 semesters to have been able to take classes at times when they didn't interfere with my job. Now, one of the classes I need falls during the day so that I would have to leave work early. I'm so nervous about telling my boss, even though I won't have this schedule until January. He allowed me to rearrange my schedule over the summer to take several classes, I just don't want to ask again. I want to seem like a good worker. Also, the money aspect - I will be losing almost 10 hours a week (between both jobs; my boss at the store I work in will be flexible and not care that I can't work the same times), so I won't be making as much money. Normally that wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, except that we're trying to save for the wedding in two years...that's still enough time I suppose, hopefully once I graduate I'll have a full-time job in my field and be able to earn/save some more money that way, but right now it's just making me feel down :( Sorry for venting...I just found this out about an hour ago.

feeling down ChristinaKeeper2 feeling down 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 pm

I am so sorry, Christina. Just show your boss a copy of your class schedule and he should understand. You will be fine, as you are always truthful where your job is concerned.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

((Christina))

Last edited by on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : feeling down Bokmal10

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 6:34 pm

I'm sure he will understand Christina. It stands to reason that once you graduate you would be leaving there anyway, so why should he be a jerk about it now. And as far as losing the money, that does stink, but ideally you will be making more money later on, and if you save as much as you can, you'll make up for it.

Good luck!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
feeling down Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : feeling down Happy010

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 7:00 pm

I agree, Christina. I know that you feel apprehensive about asking - but it's for the furthering of your education. I'm sure he'll understand that. He's been pretty understanding so far, right? It's a reasonable request, and you're a good, hard worker.

The money part is a bummer! But you have two years to save - and there are lots of ways to economize.

I'm sounding like Pollyanna, aren't I. Sorry! But things are going to be okay, sweetie. It's just the initial blow that's so hard to deal with! Get some rest, and some prayer time, and things will look better in the morning. It doesn't *always* work that way . . . . but I think it'd help this time.

Love and hugs,
Savannah
Back to top Go down

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:31 pm

All will be A Okay!
Back to top Go down

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:46 pm

awww, sorry girl hugs...everything will work out.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
feeling down LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : feeling down Vianne10

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 10:00 pm

Smiley Hug Christina..........explain your schedule conflict with your boss, he should understand because right now school is your priority. I hope everything will work out to your advantage!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Yes, Christina. Follow Lily advice. All could seems terrible to you - I passed through similar situations not so long ago but you'll see that if you speak to your boss about your problem, he should understand you. You are not guilty of your College schedule; you didn't planned it.

Speak to him about the matter and things will be all right! :goodluck:

Vanesa.

feeling down Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : feeling down Happy011

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 6:05 pm

Aww, that stinks. I hope things work out for you.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 pm

I hope everything works out with your boss. Let us know how things turn out.

feeling down Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
feeling down Princesrank
Savannah

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 8:46 pm

*smacks forehead*

I forgot to tell you that I'll be praying about it for you, Christina! For peace for you, and for your boss to have an understanding heart.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 11:41 pm

Savannah wrote:
*smacks forehead*

I forgot to tell you that I'll be praying about it for you, Christina! For peace for you, and for your boss to have an understanding heart.

Love,
Savannah

Savannah, you have enough problems with a black eye! Wave
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
feeling down Princesrank
Savannah

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 11:41 am

:Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 9:52 pm

Thanks for your advice, thoughts and prayers everyone. You are the best, I'm so lucky to have such a great support team! I'm going to speak to my boss about this tomorrow, I'm nervous! I talked to my academic advisor today and she was really encouraging, saying how my boss hired me knowing I was working on getting my degree and that she would even call and speak with him if I wanted (I declined, at least for now, LOL), and that losing a few hours now will be worth it in the long run after I get my degree. I know it's what you said, Savannah - the initial blow that is the tough part. I think I'll feel better once I actually get over talking to him. I'll be back with the results tomorrow night (hopefully they'll be good!)

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 12:23 am

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 6:22 pm

I talked to the boss today...I think I scared him actually, b/c he never really pays much attention to me when I say "good morning" when I get in (he's not the friendliest person or easiest to talk to), but today I said, "Can I talk to you for a minute?" And he gave me his full attention; I must've made him think I was leaving! :oops: So that was my mistake, LOL, but I explained the situation to him and he said we could work around my school schedule and it's not a problem. He's going to check with the other support assistant and see what our schedules are like. I'm hoping he doesn't want us to switch days, b/c I have even more classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I think working there in the morning before classes would be overwhelming, between school and the store I work parttime at too. I am going to offer to go back to work after my class; I'm hoping he'll agree to just let me come back and work 2 hours after it to make up for the time I'd miss by being in class. I hope that gets settled soon, but my semester doesn't start til January so I don't know when I'll actually get to talk to him about it again. Thanks again for all your support everyone :) {{hugs}}

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 9:11 pm

Thats' great that he is willing to work around your schedule.

feeling down Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
feeling down Princesrank
Savannah

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 9:19 pm

I'm glad that it went pretty well, Christina! I'll keep it in prayer. {{{Christina}}}
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 pm

I'm sure that thinks will turn good for you, my dear. Your interview was not that bad as you think it could be. I bet, things will be all right! Keep praying that I will too! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

feeling down Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm glad you were able to talk to your boss. It sounds like he was pretty understanding and I am sure he will continue to be understanding and allow you to work after your classes.

I always stress about that stuff too. I am already stressing and I won't be earning my degree until Spring 2009, just wondering how I will juggle my school schedule, my work schedule and the kids schedule. I'm already losing sleep over it, since many of the classes I will have to take, I will have to take whenever they are offered; since there is only one time slot for them. I know, I'm a nut, lol. Somehow it always works out in the end and I am lucky enough to have a great support network to help me out.

Hey, it'll be over before you know it and it will all be so worth everything you are going through. I can't believe how quickly these terms fly by!

feeling down PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeling down Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeling down   feeling down Empty

Back to top Go down

feeling down
Page 1 of 1