Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was your favorite book as a child?

Go down 
+17
Amy
Samantha
Kristina
Rhonda
ashkate11871
bethandmanly
JW
Prairie Wind
Gin
Misti
flatbroke
Farmer Girl
Rob
EllieJane
Lori
Savannah
Carol
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Happy010

book - What was your favorite book as a child? Empty
PostSubject: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 1:13 pm

book - What was your favorite book as a child? ReadingFun

:bookworm: What was your favorite book or book series when you were young?

I have to say I was hooked on 'Sweet Valley High' reader

book - What was your favorite book as a child? Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 1:49 pm

I loved all of the books by Judy Blume and of course, I had some of the LH books as a kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 1:49 pm

Oh, and the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Mysteries.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - What was your favorite book as a child? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 10:00 pm

I loved Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Little House books.......Amelia Bedelia, Never Tease a Weasel . . . . I LOVE books. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 1:13 am

My Grandmother was always buying us books.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 3:34 pm

I liked the Raggedy Ann and Andy stories, Nancy Drew, and Cherry Ames books. I wish I could remember the name of this series of books I read that was about the childhoods of famous Americans. I learned a lot from those books.

book - What was your favorite book as a child? Lorike10
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Scared10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 5:32 pm

When I was little I like Beranstien bear books and Amelia Bedelia. (They were so funny, weren't they Savannah!)
When I got older I lked the Little house books and now I'm reading Sammy Keyes series.
There were alot of other books I liked too, like The Little Golden Books.

Hey Lori, perhaps your thinking of the Dear America series or the other one from the same company, I forget what their called...
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 5:37 pm

I liked the Beranstien bear books too and also Curious George

book - What was your favorite book as a child? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Oh, I love those, too, Carol! Such sweet books. I like the Little Bear books, too.

Lori, I loved the Childhood of Famous Americans books, too! There were also the Landmark books that were VERY good.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 9:16 pm

Quote :
Lori, I loved the Childhood of Famous Americans books, too! .

Yes, that is what they were called. Those books really got me interested in history. I'm sure I read all that our small town library had.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 11:18 pm

I loved Curious George.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 11:18 pm

I loved Paddington the Bear. He was adorable.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 1:04 pm

I liked Dr. Seuss and Winnie the Pooh.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptySat Nov 03, 2007 4:14 pm

I still like those. The rhyme and rhythm of Dr. Seuss is so fun to read to children. And Winnie the Pooh's wit can be enjoyed even as an adult!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptySun Nov 04, 2007 12:23 am

I love the Peanuts characters books.
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Scared10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:44 am

When I was little I thought Dr. Sues was weird but when my sis was little her altime favorite was The Foot Book. I also loved Wonnie the Pooh!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 8:09 am

THE FOOT BOOK! Left foot, left foot, left foot, right. . . . Feet in the morning, feet at night.....

That was my nephew's favorite book, too - and I'm sure that I still have the entire book memorized. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 pm

I must have read The Foot Book a million times to my oldest daughter! It was her first book.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 pm

And by the time my nephew had heard it three or four times - he had it memorized. (He has an amazing capability for memorization!) So there was no skipping a page here or there to hurry things on toward bedtime! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 1:41 am

LOL Savannah. You can't cheat!
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 1:25 pm

I love to read, and I loved the LHOTP books when I was younger, (still do) and I liked the Mandie series pretty well. Now I love Historical Fiction books.

book - What was your favorite book as a child? FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

book - What was your favorite book as a child? Little
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Party010

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 9:43 pm

I'm not sure now. I think it was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or Tom Sawyer, maybe Huckleberry Finn.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 am

When I was older, I loved, "Island of the Blue Dolphins," "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret," "A Wrinkle in Time," etc.

book - What was your favorite book as a child? Hummerbook - What was your favorite book as a child? MistiKeeperbook - What was your favorite book as a child? Bookclub5book - What was your favorite book as a child? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : book - What was your favorite book as a child? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 6:53 pm

LITTLE HOUSE! of couse ...LOL Loved Helen Keller, checked that out so much that the librarian told my mom to buy it for me. LOL
Pippy Longstockings, and The Ghost of Windy Hill.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? EmptySat May 24, 2008 7:25 pm

Bump
I guess it would depend on the age group we're talking about but I did read most of the Little House books as a child. I specifically remember the cozy feeling that Little House In The Big Woods gave me.
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite book as a child?   book - What was your favorite book as a child? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was your favorite book as a child?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next