Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"FOUR EYES"

Go down 
+16
littlehouselover
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
amyk
Krissy
alexczarn
Prairie Dweller
Coach Jon
jes9
Vanesa
Savannah
Farmer Girl
ChristinaAL
Debbie
JW
Carol
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Bokmal10

"FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:29 am

I re-watch this episode. I see the eye doctor equipment has really changes over the years.

I been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Buttercup wrote:
I re-watch this episode. I see the eye doctor equipment has really changes over the years.

I been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old.

I've noticed the same.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:46 pm

I liked this episode......

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I liked this episode because it gradually showed you how Mary was losing her eyesight. She goes again when her glasses are "failing" and it leads you into her blindness well.
I thought Melissa Sue Anderson did her best acting when she went blind and although it got a little crazy later with the plots, she was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:30 pm

I know Melissa didn't like having to go blind, but as much as Mr. Landon changed other things, he wouldn't change somethng that important. He added children but not biological.
I also thought she did an excellent job. She was always the good one but now she had some more meat to her role.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 am

Praire Girl wrote:
I know Melissa didn't like having to go blind, but as much as Mr. Landon changed other things, he wouldn't change somethng that important. He added children but not biological.
I also thought she did an excellent job. She was always the good one but now she had some more meat to her role.

Yes. She did an outstanding job, and she put more meat to Mary's part. She must play a blind person for years and in daily situations. She was great.

As for changing the fact of Mary going blind...Rose Wilder wanted her mother to do that with her own books!!! Happily, Laura was adamant about that.

Vanesa.

"FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I liked this episode because it gradually showed you how Mary was losing her eyesight. She goes again when her glasses are "failing" and it leads you into her blindness well.
I thought Melissa Sue Anderson did her best acting when she went blind and although it got a little crazy later with the plots, she was excellent.

I agree Thumbsup Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:59 pm

The kids were mean in making fun of Mary. I'm happy she realized that Nellie was wrong about guys not liking women who wears glasses. Nellie and Mrs.Oleson sure were nosy in wanting to know how Mary did and what grades she got.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:02 pm

I watched the episode earlier today. Later, I'm watching part 1 of I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away. Tomorrow I will watch part 2 and The Enchanted Cottage. With Hallmark showing part 1 where Mary goes blind ast night, I decided to watch episodes about her needing glasses, going blind and learning she's not going to get her sight back when she thought and hope she was.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm

That's a nice way of seeing it. I thought MSA was wonderful from that show on. I remember wearing glasses was not "cool" even when I was little, but now it's not a big deal. I imagine with the lack of people wearing glasses then, especially children, they would tease.

MSA might not have gotten the same amount of time as Melissa Gilbert at times, but she did an outstanding job in "I'll be waving as you drive away". People like the show for instance where Laura runs away, but Ernest Borgnine stole that show, Laura was cute, but she just whined about her brother and then just kept asking God to bring him back. What Mary had to do with finding out she was slowly loosing her site and then how it feels to go blind, the transition, etc. was wonderful. I wish things didn't get so glum for her, they could have had some great shows later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 pm

I am glad that Miss Beadle's boyfriend was nice to Mary, but at the same time I thought it was kind of wierd telling Mary in front of his girlfriend "she's lucky that I didn't meet you first, blue eyes"

kids with glasses and braces always got picked on the most. Kids are cruel and its sad
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:40 am

MrsAlbertIngalls wrote:
I am glad that Miss Beadle's boyfriend was nice to Mary, but at the same time I thought it was kind of wierd telling Mary in front of his girlfriend "she's lucky that I didn't meet you first, blue eyes"

kids with glasses and braces always got picked on the most. Kids are cruel and its sad

WEll; not so weird. People, abd children are NOt exception about this, alays needs something to tease about. When I was a little girl, schoolmates would tease my because they said I had a big nose abd I really believed I had a very ugly nose. Then, my mother explained me that it was a nose perfect to fit the shape of my face. Now, I have a perfect nose for my face and I don't remember the fact that some children will tease me as a drama. Childrens and adults always teases! HeeHee grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 am

I watched this yesterday and remember the teasing of youth but I thought they overdid the "4 eyes". The chanting, the note and in front of loved Miss. Beadle who also wore glasses? I couldn't see the kids doing that when they first chanted it. The notes, outdoor picking on Mary, but not the insult in front of the teacher.

I liked the doctor in this episode (and later) he seemed kind and smart and I like how it was gradual over a few shows, not just in 2 the way they rush things sometimes, it seemed more believable, the slow weakening of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:07 am

Yes! I didn't notice that when watching this episode.... Thaks for pointing it!

Singing something so cruel about "Four Eyes" when the teacher who currently DID wear glasses was around is not believable. Not even nowadays, when children doesn't respect teachers in the way they used to do...That's too stupid, I think... scratchead

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 4:32 pm

I love this episode! The only thing I wonder about is how those glasses stayed unbroken in that log hollow all that time when Mary came back for them. Loved how they purposely showed that Miss Beadle wore glasses and could still have a real beau! LOL Sweetly done.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:27 am

Mary looked so grown up in her glasses! I agree I did think it was odd that the other schoolchildren teased Mary about her glasses right in front of Miss Beadle, who also wore glasses. But I'm glad Mary had someone like Miss Beadle as a role model to show her that there was nothing wrong with wearing glasses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "FOUR EYES"   "FOUR EYES" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"FOUR EYES"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2